SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-03-12, 03:13 PM   #1861
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike88 View Post
There is also the issue of the fact we never got 1.6, and 1.7 is nowhere in site.
1.6 was bundled into 1.7 for the PS3. 1.7 is currently in submission to SCE QA. No time frame given but provided doesn't break PS3 OS files, it will be passed QA within 1 week. As we know, 1.7 is required for Dawnguard.

However, I do share your fears regards PS3 performance, Beth DLC on PS3 does not have a good record for being 'optimised'.

I actually loaded up my PS3 version for my little girl to play, it's 170 hours in with a 14mb save file and after 5 mins, it's like watching a slideshow. There's no denying it, we got the ****ty end of the stick........again.
Old 08-03-12, 03:20 PM   #1862
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
If there was something wrong with it, you would prefer it if they repeated that?

Your 2nd point is unfounded speculation. 1.6 adds new mechanics and might exactly be the reason it is delayed.

While my second point is speculation, It's not "unfounded".
Bethesda has proven several times they don't give a rat's ass about their ps3 fanbase.

1.6 has been out for months for everyone else, and just skipped over for the PS3 version. The version who needs the bug fixes the most given the initial failings of the game.

If they have been giving the "effort" to resolve these issues, it hasn't been made obvious to the community.
Old 08-03-12, 11:01 PM   #1863
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223

Finally!

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-12, 05:26 AM   #1864
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
I'm surprised you're still using Steam after the recent change of T&C, thought that'd have you uninstalling it like a shot:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...s/#more-118376
Not sure whether I get the new point there, if it is about court proceedings and implications from different US laws, then this may not be good, but does not personally effect me, since I do not do Steam business in general. It was a terrible fail with Shogun 2, which is off my HD, and I tolerate it only and exclusively for Skyrim - no other Steam games I run or plan to buy. Mostly I play in offline mode and only occasionally switch to online mode to check for an update or upgraded mods. Taken for itself, from the perspective of European law tradition, forbidding group cases against Steam certainly is something highly dubious and suspicious, and just another reason why to boycott Steam.

The only suspicious thing is that Steam even in offline mode occasionally seems to estalbish internet connections. It is little details like this that has made me loosing an trust in reassurances about what they do and what they don'T do, and unchecking ticked boxes. My account holds no personal infiomation, no name, adress, and of course no banking account. All they have is one single email adress which is exclusively maintained for them alone, and would get deleted the moment sombodey starts to spam it, and my IP.

Did I miss anything important you wanted to point me at? Maybe I'm having a lazy day.

P.S. Just had a view and some reflecting over my frequently used services and websites. It seems the list of services and websites I avoid and refuse to subscribe to is much longer than the list of web-based services I use, unsubscribed.

Welcome new freedom in my private little world.
Old 08-04-12, 09:50 AM   #1865
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

So, the Vampire Lord power is pretty damn fun and a whole lot more survivable than the werewolf beast from. The problem with the werewolf form was that although you did obscene amounts of damage, it was all melee, so you had to be right on top of the bad guys to do it. With the Vampire Lord, you can keep range and you have a ton of abilities that you can unlock. Personally, I like the vampiric grip power to throw my enemies around. That's a lot of fun.

I am, overall, disappointed with the vampire lord animations. The 'wings' only get used when sprinting, and that does indeed look cool, but most of the time you just kind of float there in an upright manner. It does look cool on the ground, though. And the changes to general vampirism means that being a vampire doesn't suck anymore (no pun intended).

And crossbows. I haven't played through the Dawnguard side yet, but the steel crossbow I got my hands on does only a few points less damage than the dragonbone bow (dragonbone weapons are also fantastic) when both are upgraded to legendary quality. Having been on the recieving end of these crossbows, I can attest to the fact that the deffinitely pack a punch.

I'm pretty pleased and having a good time.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-12, 01:36 PM   #1866
Drewcifer
Commodore

Downloads: 38

Yeah the crossbows are pretty sweet.... BUT my assassin has max smith and goes for max damage so of course I'm going to have to say the dragonbone bow, dragonbone arrow combo is much more deadly... not to mention faster on the second shot. Its a nice addition esspecially for me because I don't wear dragonbone armor, so the perk was wasted until now.

Vampire lord is indeed alot of fun, it makes me think they should have made the werewolf form be able to change at will... or atleast rig up maybe a new system. I was thinking like at low health or stamina you go wolf out of your control or something. Since in 'story' werewolves have always had very little, or atleast less control over their transformation and powers then vampires.
Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-12, 03:01 AM   #1867
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Yea crossbows are a welcome in this game, so far finding DG okay not long into it, turned down the vampire option i do not like vamps and try to avoid anything to do with them if i can. Spoiler - im up to the part where Sarena sides with us and were off to find the mages to read the scroll. Once finished tho i might load my Conan character up that's only lvl 15 just to see how the vamps story turns out. Oh and if yur an Orc do not get the face change in Riften, or save first because they have messed up the orcs teeth and mouth - looks bad.

Old 08-06-12, 08:53 PM   #1868
Drewcifer
Commodore

Downloads: 38

Don't like vamps you say? Its a shame because we have ended the vile tyranny of the sun once and for all! lol.

Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 09:45 PM   #1869
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

I Grom Hellscream fear NO ONE!

Skyrim: 300 (Battle of Thermopylae)Machinima

Old 08-08-12, 05:40 AM   #1870
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 278

So a quick question
Is Dawnguard worth £13 ? I have heard its as buggy as hell
Old 08-08-12, 06:00 AM   #1871
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

^ it is buggy as hell.

I'm up to a part where i read Valerica's Journal and then Sarena is suppose to tell me about the ingredients. But the talk with Sarena doesn't trigger so i can't go further with the quest as i need to find the ingredients in the room which i have and then use it to open up the portal. Nothing happens Sarena just has the same dialog. tried an old save, redo it again, tried waiting 24hrs. Nothing. Can't continue.

Oh and forgot to mention, Glitches - ive fallen through the floor twice once running up the stairs in a dungeon, i ran right through the stairs instead and another i was fighting a gargoyle and fell through the floor! Had to TCL to get back up and continue.

Last edited by kiwi_2005; 08-08-12 at 06:15 AM.
Old 08-08-12, 04:27 PM   #1872
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

I haven't experienced any quest or game-breaking bugs. As usual, this sort of thing seems to be localized from person to person. My experience has been clean and very enjoyable.

EDIT: Kiwi, did you take the journal? You hand it over to Serana when you speak to her. Just reading it will not trigger the new dialogue options.
Old 08-08-12, 04:47 PM   #1873
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

I haven't had any real bugs. Just a npc or two running into something after a conversation, pushing them off of the wall fixed it.
Old 08-08-12, 05:41 PM   #1874
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

I've had Serana stick in combat a few times. The 'kill' console command gets her out of it, as she is essential and cannot die. And not the kind of standard follower essential where they can die if hit when down on one knee. She's like those two guys from Hammerfell looking for the Redguard woman. When down, you can swing all damn day and they don't die.
Old 08-08-12, 08:22 PM   #1875
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
EDIT: Kiwi, did you take the journal? You hand it over to Serana when you speak to her. Just reading it will not trigger the new dialogue options.
Are you serious? yeah i read it then took it but i never handed it to her how do i do that? Only way i can think of is when we trade i give the book to her? OMG man if you are correct im gonna come back here and give you a big manly hug! I tried for hours last night trying to figure out how to trigger her. Will load up Skyrim & do what you said once my son heads of to work cause hes using the gaming pc atm.