Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-16-14, 12:01 PM   #1
orlos2
Seaman

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Default Periscope goes down

Hello, after years of playing SH3 I decided to install SH5 along with some mods and for now it's quite enjoyable. One thing bothers me though - when Im looking through attack periscope, then switch to external camera (to see beautiful torpedo explosions ), the periscope is going down. When I go back to "captain" view, hes just standing near attack periscope and I need to click on it again to raise it and see through it which is annoying. Is it normal for every copy of game? Is there a fix for this?

And one more thing - I wasted about six T1 torpedoes on one ship, only one T2 exploded. I tried with impact and magnetic pistol, from 1000-1500 meters and with perfect AoB 90 degrees. Im okay with dud torpedoes but so many and under such perfect conditions?
orlos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-14, 01:35 PM   #2
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlos2 View Post
....I decided to install SH5 along with some mods and for now it's quite enjoyable. One thing bothers me though - when Im looking through attack periscope, then switch to external camera (to see beautiful torpedo explosions ),
For now, we can address the issue in this forum. For the future, this thread should have been posted in SH5 mods workshop since mods was mentioned.

I am guessing you may be using New UIs for TDC? By default the attack periscope setting is set by default, to go down once you leave the station. You can change the settings in the thedarkwraithuseroptions.py using the optionsfileviewer and editor in the application folder of this mod.

Other graphical user interface mods may be similar.

If not using these mods, we need a modlist. Copy your **.mep file (modlist), move the cursor between the two . Paste modlist.
The appears when you click the "#" at the top of this window.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-14, 02:02 PM   #3
orlos2
Seaman

Downloads: 25

Im using Multiple UIs by TDW. I considered making thread in SH5 workshop but since I didnt know this issue is caused by mod I made it here :P

I found the option for it in Options File Editor and changed it, thanks
orlos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-14, 02:07 PM   #4
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
For now, we can address the issue in this forum. For the future, this thread should have been posted in SH5 mods workshop since mods was mentioned.
Not really. The Mods Workshop forum was created for discussions involving the development of new mods. If you're having problems with an existing mod the regular forum is just fine.
Old 01-16-14, 02:29 PM   #5
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Not really. The Mods Workshop forum was created for discussions involving the development of new mods. If you're having problems with an existing mod the regular forum is just fine.
Ok, understood.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-19, 07:43 PM   #6
SteamSub
Watch

Downloads: 37

FYI if you installed a UI mod(ie NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith) and your attack periscope view is black and you cannot figure out how to raise it(up arrow key just increases speed etc) and your random Google search brings you to this thread

go to:

....\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Scrip ts\Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py

open up TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py with a text editor

locate line
AutomaticallyRaiseAttackScope = False

to

AutomaticallyRaiseAttackScope = True

ALSO break / create target lock is spacebar

Get back on ship if teleport seems to place you at sea (Steel Wolves Full install did not have that Issue)
Shift =U
if that does not work just select the camera for onboard ship and you should appear at a post. then move around a bit and the teleport should work. After loading a game and trying to teleport right away seems to cause issues.

Last edited by SteamSub; 04-27-19 at 09:56 AM.
SteamSub is offline   Reply With Quote