SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-24-17, 03:05 PM   #2101
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

And I thought I knew my mom's taste when it came to movie. last weekend she surprised me.

It was during her visit this happened. After we had eaten, cleaning the dishes and played some cards. My Mom asked me if I had got some new dvd movies, since her last visit.

No, mom, I only got this two package Blue-ray pack, but I don't think its something for you.

What kind of movie is it ?

Both of them is with Superhero-Avengers.

I let my mom take a look at the box-

Isn't this Captain America ? Yes I said
Isn't this...what is his name....Irony Man(Danish = ironi mand)...No mom It's Iron Man.

Let us watch them.

I didn't knew my mom was a fan of superhero movies.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-17, 03:36 PM   #2102
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
And I thought I knew my mom's taste when it came to movie. last weekend she surprised me.

It was during her visit this happened. After we had eaten, cleaning the dishes and played some cards. My Mom asked me if I had got some new dvd movies, since her last visit.

No, mom, I only got this two package Blue-ray pack, but I don't think its something for you.

What kind of movie is it ?

Both of them is with Superhero-Avengers.

I let my mom take a look at the box-

Isn't this Captain America ? Yes I said
Isn't this...what is his name....Irony Man(Danish = ironi mand)...No mom It's Iron Man.

Let us watch them.

I didn't knew my mom was a fan of superhero movies.

Markus
Reminds me when I was visiting my folks and I turned on the telly after they had gone to bed. The flick was Starship Trooper and mom came downstairs and watched the whole thing through, and she thinks Miss Marple is bordering ultra violent.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-17, 06:25 PM   #2103
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

I have mixed feelings about going to see this one.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-17, 07:22 PM   #2104
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post

I have mixed feelings about going to see this one.
Also, but before I saw, I can not tell.
From I have read around the web, this film show (or will show) more of the world (waste lands, etc) of Blade Runner world. I do not have read the book(s), so I can not tell if this sequel will portrait the world of novels in a right way.
I recall reading that Blade Runner is a masterpiece film (for a teacher of one my courses it is one or the best sci-fi film ever and one of my best friends considers it one of the best films ever made,in several terms like shoots, cinematography,etc), but a poor adaptation of the book.
I love the film and all of the matters of it, so I can accepted that the sequel would have more action/fast time do to the times, but only if it has the same philosophical issues.
And Decker is not a replicant... Skybird!
Rhodes is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-17, 08:57 AM   #2105
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

My quick review of these 2 films I've just watched with 2 blondies as the leading ladies, or should I say I watched 1 and gave the other 20 minutes and that includes the credits, although I just wonder why anyone would want to be associated with that load of junk beats the hell out of me..... so from bad to good let the blondes fight it out.

Rogue Warrior: Robot Fighter.
Atomic Blonde.

What would a character from TV's Baywatch have something in common with a world inhabited by exterminator like robots in a dystopian future?, the answer is simple, read on.
If you like sci-fi and a blonde bimbo lead character who's spent upwards of $50 grand on plastic surgery and botox you might like this film, I gave it 20 minutes before turning it off, I know I'm a sucker for punishment but even I had the common sense to turn it off before I'd got my brain frazzled beyond repair.
Anyway the film starts on a world where everything is protected from the sun and sand, well I should say not everything is protected as her bright blue eyes and 5 inch of cleavage attested to that fact, (I was already thinking she'll end up as blind as a bat and have seriously sun burned breasts if she stays on that planet too long).
Anyway Back to the film, this blonde bint has to go into battle against an AI that's bent on galactic domination (I'm sorry to say that this is not the Borg she's going up against as that would have been a great start to a film).
What else can I say, oh yes its all cgi crash bang wallop with a plot line that's got no substance to it apart from all the botox stuff injected into the lead character of course and I found out in the credits that the female lead was also a producer of the film as well, enuff said me thinks.

Stay Away from it rating, 9 out a 10.

Now this other film is a Harry Palmer cold war spy thriller type film, just think of a hot blonde who's a cold hearted killer and with a penchant for physical violence and you've got the makings of a decent film.
Now I don't usually watch these types of films as I find them all a bit slow and ponderous but this one came recommended and it didn't let me down, it is slow in a lot of places but when the action starts it was fascinating to watch a female trained killer giving as good as what she gets.
The fight scenes were cool and brutal with no quarter given by any side, it was also nice to see the blonde getting a thick lip for once as usually they portray them as unbeatable killing machines and end up after a fight looking better than they when it bloody started (I was thinking at the time whoever choreographed some of those fight scenes knew what they were doing and needless to say I was pretty impressed).
Such impressive action credentials were let down by too many plot lines I thought but it wasn't enough to have me reaching for the off button as our heroinne gets up and at em, funnily enough I was thinking I wouldn't mind getting up and at her myself if I could just shoot her in the arms and legs first.

Worth watching rating, 7 out a 10.
Old 08-29-17, 11:10 AM   #2106
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-17, 07:11 AM   #2107
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Probably been done to death in previous releases but my curiosity will probably mean I will be unable to resist the temptation to check this one out.

Old 08-31-17, 04:43 PM   #2108
STEED
Lucky Jack

^Nah, Tim Curry was the best.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 09-01-17, 04:53 AM   #2109
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
^Nah, Tim Curry was the best.
Over the top Tim Curry!
Rhodes is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-17, 12:24 AM   #2110
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 58
Default "Vanishing Point"......The "Missing Scene".

Until about a dozen years ago I didn't know this scene existed. Apparently it was omitted from releases in certain countries because it was felt that the audience wouldn't understand it.

Seen in the context of the whole film, it explains a lot. Kowalski accepts his fate, and literally embraces it.

Charlotte Rampling is brilliant as the Grim Reaper.

Eisenwurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-17, 03:00 PM   #2111
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Had some problem in my apartment so my landlord was by to fix it. He saw my shelf where I have all my DVD's and Blue-Rays.

I see you like movies, he said to me

Oh yea I like to see a good movie and sometimes I watch them more than two times

I know someone who's selling some movies if you are interested he said

How many does he have ?

I guess he has about 5000 He replied

Well I can perhaps buy a few of them, depending what they cost, have to think on my economy.

No He are selling them all in on package.

Sorry but no thanks-that much money I don't have, If we presume he wants at least 1 kr.(0.16 $) for each movie-1x5000 = 5000 D.kr.(= 805 $)

My landlord told me it was due to someone had died and the relatives was trying to sell this persons belongings

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-17, 06:36 AM   #2112
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 09-11-17, 03:51 PM   #2113
STEED
Lucky Jack

Watched my all time ghost film over the weekend..The Haunting, the original 1963 film.

Great cast, well acted and a good story line which is almost 90% from the book.

Here is the book read by David Warner in eight parts.

The Haunting of Hill House Part 1

Old 09-13-17, 11:42 PM   #2114
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 58
Default "Isadora".

Somewhat topical forumwise.

Eisenwurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-17, 05:28 AM   #2115
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Tags
films, movie, movies