SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-17-12, 07:35 PM   #16
xXDeathRangerXx
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Props not working

I was attacking a harbor with a bunch of merchants and a gun boat, the gunboat got a hit on me and I started listing pretty bad to port, and so I could not fire very well to the starboard, and could not turn very well, either. and then in another attack the same thing happened, but this time my propellers would not turn, so I could not move! I was hoping you could fix that, and maybe make it so the damage control teams can repair the hull so that you dont list anymore once its fixed. I really like using the ship, when I leave harbor it always responds quick and easily to my commands. also, are the torpedoes intentional?

Last edited by xXDeathRangerXx; 11-18-12 at 01:11 AM.
xXDeathRangerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-12, 06:12 PM   #17
USS Dallas
Seaman

Downloads: 90

Hey first thank you for this great mods but can you please make a DDG from the Charles F Adams class
USS Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-12, 09:21 AM   #18
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

How can I make the King George V career playable without having to use the Battleships Campaign Taster? ALso the lookouts' ship sighting is way too short. Can that be fixed?

Thank you in advance.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-12, 08:11 PM   #19
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Hey wevbarker2011,

Can you advise how I can get the SJ Radar to work on the King George V. I've managed to make it available from 1941 but it doesn't matter which year I sellect, the radar is inactive even when it is installed.

Thanks in advance.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-12, 10:17 PM   #20
XfoXshoX
Watch

Downloads: 44

I would like to help you in your quest to make every stock ship playable I can help test them
XfoXshoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 07:45 PM   #21
blockhead48
Swabbie

Downloads: 172

I have played with three of these ships, putting the King George, New Mexico, Victory in as the single ship files with JSGME, and its very nice to be able to control them, and I'm glad someone has decided to finally have a bash at making the stock ships playable in SH4......but there is a problem.
These ships won't defend themselves!
With other playable ships from other modders, the ships will only start defending themselves when someone on watch says "ship spotted", and then the choice box comes up asking if you want to continue with the current orders, or do you want to engage the enemy ship, (merchant or IGN navy combatant) or enemy aircaft, but this doesn't seem to be happening with these ships.....they just keep saying "we are under attack sir".
They aren't spotting the enemy, so the allied ship can defend itself.
Must be a problem with the watch crew or something maybe?
This needs correcting, or these ships are just gonna get a pounding and visit Davy Jones locker.
The UZO isn't working either.....you can't access it.....I usually use the UZO if I'm firing manually at other ships, so their distance can be locked, and shown, and then you can use that distance info - and transfer it to the main battery.
Anyway, hope you can sort this out, KGV looks pretty neat. (I'm a Brit)
blockhead48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-14, 01:52 PM   #22
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488

wevbarker you just erase all versions of the battleship test on gamefront????? at least you could post them on mediafire........arrgh from my nerves i think i gonna sink my head on the toilet!!!!!!
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote