SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-26-08, 01:33 AM   #31
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Yes they are. It was apparently built on the gato class files.
Old 07-26-08, 03:46 AM   #32
woofiedog
Engineer

Downloads: 9

Thank's for the reply... I thought at first it was my installation that was the problem.
Old 07-27-08, 04:28 PM   #33
spike12
Gunner

Downloads: 113

Me. I find it kinda odd that the maya missions are in the american single mission file and not the german files (i have v.1.5 with the u-boat addon btw.).Oh well I'll wait till it's available for use in the gernan/jap canpaign.Loved the Iowa mod though, that ship could put the fear of g*d in the japs.
spike12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-08, 05:34 PM   #34
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike12
Me. I find it kinda odd that the maya missions are in the american single mission file and not the german files (i have v.1.5 with the u-boat addon btw.).Oh well I'll wait till it's available for use in the gernan/jap canpaign.Loved the Iowa mod though, that ship could put the fear of g*d in the japs.
Don't know why you think it's odd. I think it's odd that everyone wants to go attack Task Forces in a Campaign (because that was the Jap doctrine, attack warships not merchants) with one ship. They do shoot back. And it is not German because it's Japanese. And that is what I started with. Just because now I have the add-on doesn't change the Maya into a German ship, it's still Japanese and the Allies will still shoot at it. At the moment I am trying to figure out why my ships won't go into a campaign. (There is a post for help on this page) and I have a Japanese Campaign that I have about 3/4 done but then everyone started building subs and ships on German boats and they won't work in my Campaign. So I guess that's just as odd from my point of view. Don't read this as anger or anything just giving my point of view. Everyone is complaining that I didn't build them on German ships, I didn't have the add-on when I started learning how to do this, so I made a Japanese sub and started a campaign, which I am playing BTW, but it isn't finished. So now I don't know if I should finish it or not, because nothing will work in it except my stuff and I'm a beginner so my ships don't work and I don't know why.
I have been trying to get the Iowa into a campaign but it CTDs.

So "odd" is in your point of view, mine differs from yours. I have posted before that you can make single patrols or war patrols and add a Japanese base to rearm your ship and do the same thing you do in a Campaign. All the Shipping layers are loaded when you start a single mission, just like a Campaign, all you miss out on are the medals. It's not like you need to go to port to change the "deck gun".

In fact there is a single mission right now posted with a refit at Wake Island. And I can easily add more if people would use it.

Just my point of view on the whole thing.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-08, 08:20 AM   #35
spike12
Gunner

Downloads: 113

Hmmm..fair enough.
spike12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-08, 02:03 PM   #36
Atlantis
Mate

Downloads: 0

hey! I seem to have a problem downloading this mod, (and many many other mods aswell) I keep getting a "winrar error message" stateing that the file im attempting to open (in this case, the maya mod) is broken or an unknown file. So what am I doing wrong?
Atlantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-08, 02:05 PM   #37
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike12
Hmmm..fair enough.
Spike, I don't want you to think I was upset with your comments. I welcome any comments good or bad or just a difference of opinion. And I was just giving my point of view.

In fact from the comments I am going to investigate how hard it would be to take the existing files and use the German files instead. I have a folder for the parts I need to make a ship, dive planes, torp tubes, etc. and I just import the whole dat file. So if I substituted the German files and used the German Roster, it may not be very difficult to take the work already done and convert it. The guns should just have to be moved to a different folder, so that should work. And there will be a upc that need to be reworked, but once I do the initial work, the rest is just add it to the ships, one after another.
But the first priority to even bother trying this is to figure out why they won't go into the Campaign. I didn't get any answers of my request so I will have to try stuff. I think it may be in the upc file but I'm not sure yet. So, if things work out I may be able to do versions for both sides, but it may take some time to figure this out. (Probably by then there will be a surface ship game and I'll do it all for nothing).
I also would like to figure out the 'damage' issue, but there is very little information and I guess it's a LOT of work and some feel it is wasted work because it is really a submarine game and I understand their feeling on that.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Old 07-28-08, 02:20 PM   #38
Atlantis
Mate

Downloads: 0

Infact this is the message I get, "C:\Documents and Settings\Scheer\Local Settings\Temp\IJN_Maya_II_Ver_1_2-3.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged" and I keep getting message and messages like this for assorted mods I attempt to download. Can you help me?
Atlantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-08, 02:56 PM   #39
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis
Infact this is the message I get, "C:\Documents and Settings\Scheer\Local Settings\Temp\IJN_Maya_II_Ver_1_2-3.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged" and I keep getting message and messages like this for assorted mods I attempt to download. Can you help me?
My filename does not have -3 in the name. What are you using to download and what are you using to unzip the file? Can you select a place to download to? I have Firefox set to download to my "download" folder on my C: drive. Then I extract from there. I don't know why your's is going into Documents and Settings. And there shouldn't be a -3 in the name.
Do you have Vista?

If you are having this problem with 'assorted mods' as you say, then set up a special folder to download to. As I said I made a "Download" folder and everything goes there. Have you downloaded more than once? On XP it add (3) on the end but doesn't put -3 in the name. I just downloaded it and it worked fine.

You could try renaming the file and get rid of the -3 and see if it will extract. The filename should be:
IJN_Maya_II_Ver_1_2.zip

I don't use Ver_1.2.zip because some programs get confused with the two Dots. After the dot is suppose to be the 'file extension' some programs can handle two some can't.

Let me know how you make out.

Peabody

Old 07-28-08, 05:57 PM   #40
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
Update 1.2 is up with the sound fix and shells for playable gun fixed.

http://files.filefront.com/IJN+Maya+.../fileinfo.html

Please!!!! Let me know if you get that stupid alarm sounding and it doesn't stop. I think I eliminated it but not sure.

Peabody
how do you change the guns?

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-08, 06:07 PM   #41
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivank
Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
Update 1.2 is up with the sound fix and shells for playable gun fixed.

http://files.filefront.com/IJN+Maya+.../fileinfo.html

Please!!!! Let me know if you get that stupid alarm sounding and it doesn't stop. I think I eliminated it but not sure.

Peabody
how do you change the guns?
Change what guns?

Peabody

Old 07-28-08, 06:08 PM   #42
peabody
Admiral

Sorry double post
Peabody

Last edited by peabody; 07-28-08 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-10-11, 02:28 PM   #43
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488
Default are you sure?

really? all i have is an unexpected error all the time please friend i am really sad now.....
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-11, 04:30 AM   #44
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488

hem can you fine people here make it playble for career too?
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-11, 08:19 AM   #45
L.T
Torpedoman

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysanthos View Post
hem can you fine people here make it playble for career too?
read above posts from peabody, they explain it all.

After some lotto manouvering i was able to get a American heawy cruiser to work in career, using another surface ships as template (looking at all the files and held them up against one another and then just fidle with it)

Since i love that class of ships i will do the same with the maya, but all findings i send to peabody, it is hes ship, not mine and it will take some time...

L.T
L.T is offline   Reply With Quote