SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-27-14, 08:40 AM   #121
waffle
Watch

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Awesome thanks Torpx!!!

I will switch over to 2.1 as soon as i get back to port!
SAP v0.5 stock RFB RSRDC - Sub class info RFB
Sub class info RSRDC RFB - SonarTargetFix2 RFB
Nav map make over 2.1 - nav map airbase add on
NMMO v2.1 patch 1 with AB
waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-14, 01:53 PM   #122
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

I was running the Ship Sprint Test mission and noticed that the Kuma CL was slow. Checking, I found I made a mistake. In the Sea folder:
The NCL_Kuma.sim file has a max_force of 0.00316.
It should be 0.0316.
I will upload a corrected version in a week or so. With so many ships and parameters, it is possible that there are other mistakes, and I want to wait and see if any other problems are spotted before making a new version. In the meantime, users may want to fix this themselves with S3D. I didn't find any other mistakes in spot checks, but I can't check everything.
Also, people may notice that in the mission, the enemy ships won't attack you. This is because the mission is in 1940. It was not intended to be a tactical mission; just to show how the ships accelerate. If you want the ships to fight back, you can change the date to 1942, in the mission editor.
Quote:
I will switch over to 2.1 as soon as i get back to port!
I think you should be able to do this at sea. The crew roster and special abilities elements haven't been changed. These are the touchy parts, that would cause problems.
I mentioned before, briefly that there is support for the Sen Toku AI sub. I don't know if any of these will show up in RSRDC, but they would probably only appear in 1945, and rarely. If you want to use the AI Sen Toku mod, enable it before this one. Otherwise, it will overwrite my changes for the sub.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-14, 04:18 AM   #123
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488

hehehehe
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-14, 11:27 PM   #124
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysanthos View Post
hehehehe
What is so funny?

Old 11-21-14, 11:22 PM   #125
RCMorea
Swabbie

Downloads: 35

Torpx,

Thanks for your work on this. It is very good.

I have some feedback if you are interested. There had been some complaints of ships not sinking, and you did some work to fix that. The other day I was able to sink Yamato with two fish. Randomness being what it is, who knows what might be possible, but that seems a bit low. I would think half a dozen fish, all below the armor belt and all on one side, would stand a chance of doing it, but two seems a bit low.

Anyway, I guess this stuff is harder than it looks so thanks again for your efforts.

RCM
RCMorea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-14, 09:08 PM   #126
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Yes, I am interested in feedback; all the more so as I've had very little. I was hoping to hear some feedback about the turning in particular - the old 'constant helming' thing and all that.

Glad you like it.

As for the Yamato, I really didn't change the weapons/damage stuff, so I doubt my mod had anything to do with it. I don't know why it would sink with only two torps, but likely it was just your good luck (critical hits and all).

Funny you should mention this, though, I was thinking of maybe trying to do a full rework of the damage model sometime. There are a number of things I do not like about the existing one. The frailty of the big BB's, would be one of these things.

To any ISP users and interested parties:

I am tinkering with the scene.dat file to make a slightly better waves/sea-keeping performance for the subs, though this is a subjective thing. But, perhaps, I am the only one who will notice the difference. I haven't made any major breakthroughs; it's more a matter of squeezing the most out of the game mechanics that I can.

If nobody has found any particular bugs, I will then put this in the 'final', ISP release (for RFB). Then work up a TMO-friendly version. This will be a 'light' version without the special abilities/crew elements that conflict with TMO.
Old 11-22-14, 10:46 PM   #127
waffle
Watch

Downloads: 32

Will post detailed feedback soon hopefully... I should have more time within the next month or so.
SAP v0.5 stock RFB RSRDC - Sub class info RFB
Sub class info RSRDC RFB - SonarTargetFix2 RFB
Nav map make over 2.1 - nav map airbase add on
NMMO v2.1 patch 1 with AB
waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-14, 07:13 PM   #128
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Roger.

Old 11-23-14, 11:11 PM   #129
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

I just dl'd it and I had to start a new career to avoid start-up crashes.. In dock saves didn't matter.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-14, 06:46 PM   #130
TorpX
Silent Hunter

I just uploaded v 2.15 of ISP - HERE.

The changes are limited to tweaking the scene.dat file to obtain better weather, and correction of typos I found.

The typos included the already mentioned Kuma-class CL and one in the LR drag of the Salmon.

The waves I worked quite a bit on to make the waves' effects severe at the upper end, but moderate below 13 m/s.

In the stock file, the waves are in four brackets defined at 0, 5, 10, and 15 m/s. I tried adding two more brackets, but the game just ignores the extra parts. I changed the points to 1, 5, 13, and 15. This allowed me to have very severe waves at 15, but normal characteristics below 13. I also manipulated some of the other values to produce as much slowing as I could get by with, without unwarranted side effects, or resorting to overly high waves. The max wave height was reduced, as well.

After all this, I ran a 24 hour test of a convoy of Japanese ships in 13 m/s waves to make sure they were ok.

At 15 m/s a 4 hour test gave the following figures (TC 32x):
S-18

6.2 kn. at flank
5.1 kn. at '10'

Tambor

9.5 kn. at flank
6.2 kn. at '10'

This version is interchangeable with the previous v2.1, as no crew roster/ability elements have been changed.

Old 12-03-14, 10:53 PM   #131
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Just to let everyone know, I started work on a version of ISP for TMO.

This will be 'light' version, for TMO alone (without RSRDC).
Old 12-04-14, 06:17 AM   #132
dom111
Seaman

Downloads: 195

Good news, thanks TorpX.

Have you planned to do a TMO + RSRDC version for people like me who uses both?

Again thanks for your work and time
dom111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-14, 10:22 PM   #133
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom111 View Post
Have you planned to do a TMO + RSRDC version for people like me who uses both?
Tbh, I wasn't planning on any further versions. I *might*, if this present version isn't too difficult, and works well, but no promises.

I decided to do a light TMO only version because Duci had some interesting ideas in TMO which made this more interesting to me (like convoys with zigging, for instance).

Old 12-07-14, 05:28 PM   #134
HertogJan
Weps

Downloads: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpX View Post
Tbh, I wasn't planning on any further versions. I *might*, if this present version isn't too difficult, and works well, but no promises.

I decided to do a light TMO only version because Duci had some interesting ideas in TMO which made this more interesting to me (like convoys with zigging, for instance).

keeping my eye on this one
HertogJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-14, 07:48 PM   #135
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Finished v2.4 for TMO.

This is a 'light' version for TMO alone.

I didn't want to get into changing any special ability elements, but decided I had to to get what I wanted. The changes to TMO included adding another special ability officer for the S-classes. Using only one was too much of a drawback. Also, I had to make them active in only the engines/control rooms. Duci had them active in any room, and this is a severe disadvantage when it comes to recharging.
I had to figure out what was most appropriate for the unique ships in TMO. These include the German Z-class DD, E-boat, and one or two others.
There is a known issue with the E-boats and PT-boats. I noticed that they have a tendency to explode/catch fire/sink in rough seas. I am not sure why I didn't see this before with v2.x. Possibly, this was because I didn't test them at speed, or long enough to observe this. It could be changes to the wave mechanics, or differences to the zones.cfg file in TMO. Anyway, I upped the UD drag value from .05 to .10 for the Elco 'PT', and .15 for the E-boat. The E-boat uses the same 3d model as the Elco, but is a heavier, and more sea-worthy craft.
Duci has a NSS_AI_JapSub in TMO. I didn't have any idea what type of IJ sub to use as a guide. After some research, I settled on the Kaidai VIb type as the best choice to use. The Tambor was used for the AI fleetboat.