Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-26-19, 08:57 AM   #1
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Default And now, in sports.......

I had intended to start a NHL Hockey playoffs thread to list the teams and see what everyone thought of any one teams chances. This has been a wild ride in the NHL for sure. The biggest surprise was The early exit for the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Quote: The Tampa Bay Lightning’s 2018-19 regular season was one for the history books — they tied the NHL record for wins with 62, led the NHL in power-play and penalty kill percentage, had three 40-goal scorers in Nikita Kucherov, Steven Stamkos, and Brayden Point

https://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2019/4/...-wins-to-sweep

The winner of the Stanley cup last year, the Washington Capitals was dispatched and upset in 7 games to the Carolina Hurricanes. The Vegas Golden Knights lost in 7 games after their season was essentially stolen.

Quote : It was a 3-0 Vegas lead, with 10:47 left to play in the third period. That's when Cody Eakin checked Joe Pavelski across the chest, sending him stumbling backward into Paul Stastny and fallin awkwardly to the ice. He hit his head and appeared to lose consciousness.

A five minute major penalty was called on Eakin for cross checking Joe Pavelski in the face even though the video clearly showed that didn't happen. The San Jose Sharks quickly reeled off 4 quick goals in rapid succession and Vegas lost in overtime, 5-4. The NHL phoned the Vegas Golden Knights to apologize for the bad call.

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/2...na-hurricanes/

https://nypost.com/2019/04/25/nhl-ap...nights-finale/

I don't think anyone could have predicted how the first round of NHL playoff hockey would go. I'm pretty sure August is happy as I watched the Boston Bruins win in overtime early this morning on game replay.
The Bruins are looking good, having moved on to the second round.

Elsewhere, baseball is in full swing and the NFL draft of the top college players also began yesterday. Is your favorite team doing well in drafting players ?

What else is happening in sports in your town ?
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-19, 04:32 PM   #2
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

Not my town but, big news to me http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...UDpGzMJ03V_1HM

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-19, 04:55 PM   #3
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

We had our first pre-season bout in Roller Derby last month. The league season starts in June!.

If you have Roller Derby in your area, check it out. It's a fast and exciting game.
Old 04-27-19, 05:01 PM   #4
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

To stay in the NHL-playoffs and ishockey in general.

There was a time when I really loved ishockey...this love to the sport have been destroyed by those commercial-people.

Back to the subject.

I live on a little island, we have a football club playing in league 2(fourth division here in Denmark)

Beside all this, not much happens here. except the eternal ferry-discussion.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-19, 07:25 PM   #5
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
We had our first pre-season bout in Roller Derby last month. The league season starts in June!.

If you have Roller Derby in your area, check it out. It's a fast and exciting game.
Gawd I remember the Bay Bombers here in the SF area.

Last night I was at the Giants Yankees game at Oracle Park in SF being humiliated by the damned Yankees. Almost as many Yankees fans as SF Giant fans at the game but it's been 19 years since SF hosted the Yankees so it was all good.

Warriors win over what, LA, and the SJ Sharks win so the SF Bay area is all happy.

Damned Yankees!

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote