Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-06-08, 10:15 AM   #1
Urspankd
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Single Mission - 668I

So I having a little trouble with one of the single missions in 688I. It is #5 , I believe, but dont quote me on that. You are tasked to track a Russian renegade Delta boomer(SSBN). So I have played this scenario three times and I have yet to find this so called delta, or even the Akula for that matter. I get the Victor II all day and can track him for hours, but I never seem to find to find the Delta or Akula.

I have even resorted to driving through his area of constrant at high speeds last night making noise and still I got nothing. Oddly enough he never detected me either. I know boomers are supposed to be quiet as I was on a few but undetectable is a little far fetched.

Any advice?
Old 02-06-08, 12:53 PM   #2
Sub Sailor
Commander

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0
Default Rebel Yell Mission 4

Sink Delta; You will encounter Victor II first. The Victor is a "beater", noisy they want you to attack the Vic so the Akula gets you. The Vic is going to track East to West so navigate around him and stay more than 7500 yards out or it will detect and attack you.
You want to keep traveling North, stay beneath the layer and go slow and you will find the Akula just keep going and then you have the Delta. Do not fire until you have a solution on the Delta.
I fire one fish on the Delta, then the Akula and then the Vic. I keep working firing solutions on all of them but you want to get the Delta. Once I have fired on all three boats I assign the fourth fish to the Delta in event it takes more than one torp. I suggest changing course by 60 degrees and make about 20 knots for 3 to 6 minutes to mess up their firing solutions. slow and see what you have. Remember it takes 688i about 10 minutes to reload tube. That is with the realistic mod. This is not accurate as I recall a good Torpedo Crew will reload much faster than that.

Good hunting,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)
Sub Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-08, 01:04 PM   #3
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

I have 688i H\K.

Do you think it will play on laptop ?

Specs: 2.0 duocore

2 gigs ram

7600gs

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-08, 01:35 PM   #4
Urspankd
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREWALL
I have 688i H\K.

2 gigs ram

7600gs

You should be fine! Depending on windows version you may have to download the patches to make it work right but other than that you have plenty of everything else
Old 02-06-08, 01:42 PM   #5
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urspankd
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREWALL
I have 688i H\K.

2 gigs ram

7600gs

You should be fine! Depending on windows version you may have to download the patches to make it work right but other than that you have plenty of everything else
oops! XP sp2

Patches ?

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-08, 02:12 PM   #6
Urspankd
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Just unzip that file into the 688i Hunterkiller Folder.

Did you get the patch update from the Sonalysts website ? Their latest 688i patch includes the "Realism Patch" in it.

Look on the bottom of this page.
http://www.sonalystscombatsims.com/g...downloads.html

If you got 688i Hunterkiller in the Naval Combat Pack, no update files are nessisary. It incorporates the realism patch and all the latest patches.

If you are installing from an old original CD, and you are running Windows XP or 2000, first you want to get the "Renderware DLLs for Win2000" Unzip the files into the 688i Hunterkiller folder and choose to overwrite all files..

Then download the "Patch 1.07 (English)" unless you want one for one of the other languages there. This will bugfix and give you the "Realism Patch in one pop" You just unzip the file into the 688i folder and choose to overwrite all files.

-------THIS IS FROM BLACKLIGHT----------

He gave this info to me to make it work on my XP SP2 computer
Old 02-06-08, 01:34 PM   #7
Urspankd
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub Sailor
Sink Delta; You will encounter Victor II first. The Victor is a "beater", noisy they want you to attack the Vic so the Akula gets you. The Vic is going to track East to West so navigate around him and stay more than 7500 yards out or it will detect and attack you.
You want to keep traveling North, stay beneath the layer and go slow and you will find the Akula just keep going and then you have the Delta. Do not fire until you have a solution on the Delta.
I fire one fish on the Delta, then the Akula and then the Vic. I keep working firing solutions on all of them but you want to get the Delta. Once I have fired on all three boats I assign the fourth fish to the Delta in event it takes more than one torp. I suggest changing course by 60 degrees and make about 20 knots for 3 to 6 minutes to mess up their firing solutions. slow and see what you have. Remember it takes 688i about 10 minutes to reload tube. That is with the realistic mod. This is not accurate as I recall a good Torpedo Crew will reload much faster than that.

Good hunting,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)

I guess I will have to keep tracking north until I run across something. I managed to track two whales doing the MAMBO for about 2 gametime hours. But no Akula or Delta!