SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-08, 09:11 AM   #1
martes86
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default General Apology To Affected Creators (ca-24 Pack)

Hi all,

On behalf of Richi (creator of the CA-24 pack), I'd like to apologize to everyone, specially to all the creators who had their mods included in the pack without previous request for permission, for the great inconvenience this action has represented on the community.

This error was not intentional, it's derived from a misunderstanding of the modding netiquette clauses contained within any mod readme document, due to the fact that Richi's primary language is not English, and his understanding of it is nowhere near the level that me (or anyone else in this forum) may have, which is also the reason it's me writing this post and not him.

I'd like that this problem gets solved peacefully, in a friendly manner, as a show of the 24th's good faith, honesty and sincerity. That's why I'll also be sending individual private apologies to all the respective mod creators/teams that had their mods included in the aforementioned pack without previous permission, once I get a list with all the names.

To end this apology, I'd also like to recommend all mod creators (independent or within dev groups) that they explicitally include the modding netiquette clauses written by Hitman in their readme files not just with a web link, but by copying and pasting its contents directly into the documents, thus avoiding future misunderstandings of such clauses.

We are very sorry, and hope the damage can be repaired and the wounds healed.

Cheers
martes86 is offline   Reply With Quote