SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-28-09, 06:53 PM   #1546
Dieselglock
Wolf of the deep

Downloads: 560
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post
Unable to recreate your problem. Tested in heavy seas on courses 360 - 045-090-135-180-225-270-315. All dives to 70 meters in about 3.5 minutes
Thanks for checking
Dieselglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-09, 11:12 PM   #1547
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_abobo View Post
is crew berthing or birthing just for "storage" of extra crew members? does it have any further useage other than that?
I was just looking for an answer to this as well. I should know, I have been playing with OM for quite some time. I think it almost every time I look at my crew screen and never remember to ask on the forum. A definite answer would be great.

Quote:
how many people are supposed to fit on a u-boat anyway?
Check out uboat.net and you can look up specs on whatever type of U-Boat you are most interested in, including usual crew compliment. (Generally speaking it is 22 - 24 for the Type IIs, and mid 40s - low 50s for the rest.)
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 07:09 AM   #1548
Bosje
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 89

Quote:
on a side note, i was happy to pull a sneak attack @ scampa flow on a boat that i assume was supposed to be the HMS Hood,just like the real thing went down in october 1939,only i did it around december.
that would be the Royal Oak
(Hood was destroyed by Bismarck in 1941)

not to be the annoying one here but you said you were educating yourself, so there you go
Old 08-29-09, 09:46 AM   #1549
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
I was just looking for an answer to this as well. I should know, I have been playing with OM for quite some time. I think it almost every time I look at my crew screen and never remember to ask on the forum. A definite answer would be great.

Check out uboat.net and you can look up specs on whatever type of U-Boat you are most interested in, including usual crew compliment. (Generally speaking it is 22 - 24 for the Type IIs, and mid 40s - low 50s for the rest.)

OM uses the crew management options that originated in RFB. The following is a modified version of the crew injure section from the RFB manual

Crew Management

You will note the crew berthing and slots in the conning tower. These slots have been introduced as part of the new submarine damage model system introduced to OM and as a workaround to the way SH4 models crew damage. In essence, when a bridge watch crewman is off-duty, he does not “leave” the bridge; rather, the game just treats him as an inactive crewman still physically located on the bridge. This applies to both surfaced and submerged travel. Thus, to avoid expos*ing the bridge watch to injuries caused by depth charge explosions, you need to move your enlisted bridge crewmen to crew berthing and the officers to the conning tower.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 07:25 PM   #1550
walsh2509
XO

Downloads: 18

Was sitting playing OpMon , while I had my TV on at the same time , early hours of the morning and on comes
The Enemy Below

During World War II, an American destroyer meets a German U-Boat. Both captains are good ones, and the engagement lasts for a considerable time.

Now I love playing with SH and have since the very 1st one, but I am no expert, so that is why I ask this Q?

At one part when Mitchum the Destroyer's captain says to one of his officers about tracking the Uboat, not to do something our other as THE UBOAT CAN TURN QUICKER THAN US ?

This true ?
walsh2509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 09:09 PM   #1551
green_abobo
Sparky

Downloads: 50

Quote:
OM uses the crew management options that originated in RFB. The following is a modified version of the crew injure section from the RFB manual

thanks lurker. this would explain why my topside crew were screaming for medics even though i was submerged.

green_abobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 11:07 PM   #1552
joejccva
Mate

Downloads: 10

Trying out this mod, and I'm also curious.

Are there any other missions besides just patrol missions? I've just started a uboat campaign and every time I finish a patrol and contact HQ through the radio..they just give me a new patrol mission instead of returning to base.

Is this going to loop forever or is there a mission where I have to complete something and then return to base to get ready for the next mission?

Confused.
joejccva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 11:17 PM   #1553
walsh2509
XO

Downloads: 18

I have this metal Clanking sound that will not go away and its getting to me, I have the V7.12 version of the mod and in this last mission I hear this constant clanking noise. Any ideas as to why?

thanks.
walsh2509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 06:46 AM   #1554
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva View Post
Trying out this mod, and I'm also curious.

Are there any other missions besides just patrol missions? I've just started a uboat campaign and every time I finish a patrol and contact HQ through the radio..they just give me a new patrol mission instead of returning to base.

Is this going to loop forever or is there a mission where I have to complete something and then return to base to get ready for the next mission?

Confused.

This is "stock" SH4 behavior, recommend you just return to home base and move on with your career
Old 08-31-09, 09:27 AM   #1555
joejccva
Mate

Downloads: 10

Quote:
This is "stock" SH4 behavior, recommend you just return to home base and move on with your career
I thought the OM mod basically rewrote the stock SH4 U-boat campaign?
joejccva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 11:53 AM   #1556
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva View Post
I thought the OM mod basically rewrote the stock SH4 U-boat campaign?
I believe Lurker to be correct. You will be handed another mission and this is the same for the fleet boats. When I'm down to 1 or 2 torps it is time to head to port. If low on fuel I head to port. I do not call in at all. Just head on home and load up your stores again.
Old 08-31-09, 04:43 PM   #1557
vinceor
Sailor man

Downloads: 77

I have had patrols where after 2 or 3 missions (which were anti-shipping missions to specific quadriants) Bdu gives me the choose to hunt at my leasure or to return to port. So, this does occur.

Vince
vinceor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-09, 07:38 AM   #1558
kurfürst
Chief

Downloads: 152
Default HMCS Esquimalt

Hi Lurker,

I found this interesting article about the sinking of the HMCS Esquimalt:

http://www.esquimalt.ca/files/PDF/Cu..._Esquimalt.pdf

The HMCS Esquimalt was a Bangor Class Minesweeper and was sunk by U-190, a long range Uboat. The Esquimalt was the last Canadian warship lost during WW II. A few days later the war was over and U-190 surrendered to Canadian Forces.

I thought this might be interesting as a RUM in an upcoming version of OP Monsun?

Beste Grüße,

Kurfürst
Old 09-05-09, 11:19 AM   #1559
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

Great mod, I have two campaign questions;

In one of my campaigns I went to refuel at Vigo, and was attacked by a Portuguese vessel. I am pretty sure Portugal was nuetral during the war.

And in another campaign, I sank a Norwegian vessal, and got a message I sank a freindly vessel.

Any thoughts

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-09, 02:44 PM   #1560
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivank View Post
Great mod, I have two campaign questions;

In one of my campaigns I went to refuel at Vigo, and was attacked by a Portuguese vessel. I am pretty sure Portugal was nuetral during the war.

And in another campaign, I sank a Norwegian vessal, and got a message I sank a freindly vessel.

Any thoughts

IRT

Read item 4 in the first post of this thread about neutrals

IRT

Threre are "two" Norways in OM. The one you sink was part of "Occupied Norway" which has it's side set to Axis