SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-10-18, 08:33 PM   #16
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Some more facts have recently been revealed ...

She just got off a 15hr shift, she parked on the fourth level of the apartment parking area, she lived on the 3rd level and went to what she thought was her apartment (even though it had a red welcome mat outside the door) put her key in the lock and the door opened, she thought the man was a burglar in her apartment and shot him twice, after she shot him she realized what she did wrong.

I think she'll get a year at the most
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-18, 11:37 PM   #17
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

One has to ask, did the key just slot in or did it open the door?

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 12:39 AM   #18
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
from what i read and heard, she tried a key, it didnt work, assumed she had the wrong one, tried another, and at this point the man opened the door wondering what was going on.

she panicked, slapped leather and blew him away

word on the street is, even though news reports indicated she didnt know the man and had no previous dealings with him, there are numerous pictures of the two together in social situations standing right next to each other.
Old 09-11-18, 12:41 AM   #19
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post

I think she'll get a year at the most
probably criminally negligent manslaughter with a firearm which carries a minimum sentence of four years according to a quick google search
Old 09-11-18, 12:56 AM   #20
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by REECE
Quote:
Her key didn’t work in the door. Shooting happened shortly after resident opened his own door.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEAL
I think there is something else here going on, this whole set up sounds fishy.
WELL I CERTAINLY THINK HER MANDINGO FANTASIES ARE AT AN END; HER KEY IN A COMMON APARTMENT COMPLEX PROBABLY FIT THE LOCK AND THE RIGHTFUL TENANT/VICTIM HEARD THE LOCK BEING KEYED AND OPENED THE DOOR OR IT'S POSSIBLE IT WASN'T LOCKED TO BEGIN WITH... AND THE FATIGUED OFFICER DID A TOTAL BRAINFART WITH HER WEAPON. NOT UNLIKE OFFICER MEHSERLE B.A.R.T GRABBING HIS PISTOL INSTEAD OF HIS TASER IN THE FAMOUS CASE LATER MADE INTO A MOVIE AS IN HIS 2010 CASE I SEE IT :guilty of involuntary manslaughter, and not guilty of charges for second-degree murder or voluntary manslaughter charges. The jury found Mehserle guilty of a gun enhancement charge that could have added up to ten years to his prison sentence, made him ineligible for probation, and required him to serve 85 percent of his sentence, in contrast to the 50 percent that most state prisoners serve. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Oscar_Grant THE DALLAS POLICE CHIEF IS A VERY CAPABLE AFRICAN AMERICAN LADY, SO I'VE NO DOUBT THE MATTER -ALREADY GIVEN TO THE OUTSIDE AGENCY TEXAS RANGERS TO PREVENT ANY APPEARANCE OF INHOUSE BIAS- WILL GO TOWARD AN UNBIASED CONCLUSION:U. Reneé Hall http://www.dallaspolice.net/abouts/biography @ GOLDEN RIVET:
Quote:
Many states do make the distinction between voluntary and involuntary manslaughter, but Texas manslaughter law combines the two into a single a charge with enhanced penalties under certain circumstances, Manslaughter in Texas is a second degree felony. This charge will typically carry a sentence of between two and twenty years in a state prison and/or a fine of no more than $10,000. When a person is killed as the result of negligence or recklessness, manslaughter charges can be filed. The result can be imprisonment and fines for the person accused of the crime. Manslaughter charges are distinct from murder charges, although they are still very serious. The main distinction between manslaughter charges and murder charges is the issue of intent. When a person intentionally kills another person, they can be charged with murder. However, if an accident or reckless actions result in a death, manslaughter charges can be filed. IN THE OFFICERS CASE: (d) At the punishment stage of a trial, the defendant may raise the issue as to whether he caused the death under the immediate influence of sudden passion arising from an adequate cause. (IE MISTAKENLY THINKING AN INTRUDER IN HER APARTMENT)  If the defendant proves the issue in the affirmative by a preponderance of the evidence, the offense is a felony of the second degree.
. HOWEVER MISTAKEN HER REASONING WRONG-APARTMENTWISE CLEARLY THE OFFICER, A TRAINED PERSON WITH A HIGHER PROFESSIONAL STANDARD 'INTENDED' TO KILL THE VICTIM. THIS IS NOT MANSLAUGHTER(RECKLESS) UNDER TEXAS LAW I'M SEEIN' MURDER REDUCED TO SECOND DEGREE WITH 10+ YEARS AND A FIREARM ENHANCEMENT TO THE PENALTY.... THE CASE STILL PENDING TO FOLLOW HERE:
https://nypost.com/2018/07/23/family-of-bride-to-be-killed-by-officer-sues-for-50m/

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 09-11-18 at 01:51 AM.
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote