SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-23-14, 12:50 PM   #16
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Slow and steady wins the race as they say. Right, let's see what Burma is doing now...
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-14, 01:21 PM   #17
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

The French Republic under the direction of the Glorious Mustache of Louis-Napoléon Bonaparte is, as always, peaceful and industrious.

All factories are in full production, and we hope the new coal mining facilities in Nivernais shall prove useful to the future expansion of the French Nav...err, economy. Yes, that's it. Wine, steel and other goods are currently available for totally reasonable prices.

There is little activity of note on the colonial front, where French enlightenment is steadily being brought to the savages of Africa and elsewhere. French merchants have been sent to Algeria and Morocco to bring prosperity to the region. In other news, steam warships of the French Navy under the command of Contre-Amiral Edouart Bouet-Willaumez have been spotted sailing along the shores of El Rif.

We assure you that the purpose of this sightseeing expedition is merely to appreciate the beauty of the Moroccan coast and not, as some possibly over-zealous rumours might have you believe, an attempt by the French Republic to incite a war.
Old 08-23-14, 04:52 PM   #18
Oberon
Lucky Jack

The beginning of Feburary opens with word of Lord Palmerston throwing a brick through the window of his residence as he receives word that Prussia has begun agitating in Holstein and Sachsen in support of German unification. He is thought to have muttered "It's almost as if they want the Danes to cook their wursts again." under his breath as he downed his sixth glass of scotch of the morning.

Meanwhile, nearby the Prime Minister has been leafing through the extensive documentation of 'How to run a nation in PoN':

And decided that it would probably be a good idea to stop the British economy from following the Ottoman Empire into terminal velocity.

So, fresh out of ideas, we looked to the American newspapers for inspiration:

Well then...there's only one thing for it...
In Portsmouth factories begin churning out the latest weapon in the British arsenal:

Meanwhile, the larder in Buckingham Palace has run out of German grade sausages, so a diplomat is dispatched to Hannover to fetch some more.

The British fleets slowly move their way into position, hampered only by the fact that they are made of wood and the sea is made of iron. The Mediterrainean fleet passes a French fleet looking very suspicious off the coast of Spain.

What the Mediterranean fleet will probably look like by the time it reaches Portsmouth.

Random effects were thrown at the colonies, noticing France's 'Merchant spam' a similar tactic was thrown at South Africa in the hope that it will do something (probably provoke an uprising).
Old 08-23-14, 09:24 PM   #19
Oberon
Lucky Jack

So...the economy...

*sigh*

Back to studying the economics of PoN:

Old 08-24-14, 01:22 AM   #20
Raptor1
Navy Seal

All that Merchant Spam costs a lot of moolahs to set up, maybe you've run out and couldn't afford buying resources or something like that?

I'm actually rather surprised my economy doesn't seem to have gone into the abyss yet, as it usually does as soon as I start playing this (or anything else that actually features economics). Maybe it's waiting so that my downfall will happen at the most catastrophic time...
Old 08-24-14, 05:20 AM   #21
Oberon
Lucky Jack

All I know is that I'm haemorraging funds at quite the pace and seemingly have no immediate way to retrieve them. I have prospectors coming online to go find some glod but until then...well...

Welcome to Argentina.
Old 08-24-14, 07:59 AM   #22
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

A foul smell is in the air

February 1850

According to my foreign minister Alexander von Schleinitz the United Kingdom soon will bear the stench of Garlic as they accepted a state visit proposal of the Republic of France. The more reason he says that we should strenghten our resolve to form a stronger Nation in Europe and that it shouldn't be done alone.

Old 08-24-14, 08:17 AM   #23
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26

Austria shall stand by their German brothers.

I a few days that is
Betonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-14, 05:55 PM   #24
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Right then, time to file for bankrup...

..tcy?

So, with that crisis somehow...errr...solved? And a minor tea crisis averted, it's time to look at what else is going on.

France launched a major naval display of force off the coast of el-Rif, Royal navy ships were briefly dispatched from Gibraltar to pick up the shipwrecked French sailors....

A French naval show of force in its natural environment
Old 08-24-14, 07:39 PM   #25
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

Will be watching this with interest. Should be hilarious.
TarJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 02:22 PM   #26
Oberon
Lucky Jack

And now it's going down again...

Ladies and Gentlemen, my economy has invented the seismograph!!
Old 08-25-14, 02:42 PM   #27
Raptor1
Navy Seal

It says something about quarterly income in the economic thingamajigy, so I guess you get more money every few turns. Anyway, Vicky taught me the solution to this: Tax the poor!
Old 08-25-14, 05:41 PM   #28
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

The Warmongering French!

It's is clear that France is on the road to disrupt the peace in Europe by continuously agitating the Kingdom of Spain which might eventually lead to war between the two nations. King Wilhelm strongly condemns these actions by the French and warns them that'll it bear severe consequences if they take it too far.

Old 08-25-14, 08:03 PM   #29
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Look, I know I still have Wellesley around, but I'd rather not bring him out of the retirement home and wheel him into Europe again.
Prussia, just remember which side you're on this time, no more switching sides half-way through the war.
Old 08-26-14, 04:06 AM   #30
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Look, I know I still have Wellesley around, but I'd rather not bring him out of the retirement home and wheel him into Europe again.
Just attach two horses to his Weelchair and you've got a proper War Chariot.

Quote:
Prussia, just remember which side you're on this time, no more switching sides half-way through the war.
Ow comon you can't deny it can get confusing at times...there are interests that have certain priorities over these silly things like treaties and well....

Sorry what was that again?