SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-20-12, 11:11 AM   #886
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
But I'm not sure there's any point to that unless the final Speech perk is unlocked to give every merchant in the world more gold for bartering... because I don't know what the value is on the dragon armor, but just the glass and ebony was getting difficult to unload until I was able to invest in some businesses and flood a few local economies with pretty, pretty septims.
That's another thing I was disappointed to see remained the same from Oblivion.
Very much would've liked a dynamic economy, but now it's just merchant x gets
x amount of money every x hours.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-12, 12:32 PM   #887
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
And Dragonplate is only (very) slightly better than Ebony, so balls to that. It looks ugly anyway.

I know I've said this many times already, but I'm going to say it again: the end-game heavy armor is a joke.

Dragon plate isn't ugly. Nope, its FUGLY. (which is worse then ugly if your not familiar with the term. ) The funny thing is, on my first play through , i totaly bypassed wearing ebony, said, "screw daedric" because each piece wanted a heart, and went straight to the fugly armor because i had a veritable dragon graveyard stuffed into a chest. (edit: Go go gadget Smithing powerlevel)

I wonder though, what makes you feel end game heavy armor is a joke? I have to wonder because two sets of it i completely missed. The only experience i have is with dragon plate.

My next run through, im really considering light armor, regardless if theif or warrior. My only gripe is the selection seems more limited as compared to heavy armor. Also, Ancient nord armor looks like it should be light armor to me. Or something in between light and heavy, oh and by the time you have access to it, its already obsolete in its protective values. pphhhhttt.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-12, 12:55 PM   #888
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post

I wonder though, what makes you feel end game heavy armor is a joke? I have to wonder because two sets of it i completely missed. The only experience i have is with dragon plate.
I don't know if they have changed the stats since the patch I last played on,
but back then the difference between the three end-game heavy armor sets
(Ebony, Daedric, Dragonplate) was very small when comparing the stats.

I made some ranting posts in this thread, but I don't really feel like going through
the whole thread to find them and check what the stat differences were,
but they were in the range of 3-8 points per armor piece at that level I was on.
Old 01-20-12, 01:04 PM   #889
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Dragon plate isn't ugly. Nope, its FUGLY. (which is worse then ugly if your not familiar with the term. ) The funny thing is, on my first play through , i totaly bypassed wearing ebony, said, "screw daedric" because each piece wanted a heart
I've found that one of the advantages to investing some time in Alchemy is that rare ingredients like Daedra (and Briar) Hearts start becoming less and less rare. I've been able to buy them from alchemy shops for a while now, usually a round trip of the better shops across Skyrim nets me at least a couple of each. Plus there is one Daedra Heart in Kodlak's quarters in Jorrvaskr that becomes available (without stealing) if you play through the Companions quest line. I'm pretty sure that it respawns every so often, I seem to remember collecting 2-3 that way with my last character. Never actually made the armor, though. I will this time.

Quote:
Also, Ancient nord armor looks like it should be light armor to me. Or something in between light and heavy, oh and by the time you have access to it, its already obsolete in its protective values. pphhhhttt.
Yeah I was kinda excited when it suddenly became available in the smithing menu until I looked at it a little more carefully, and then I wasn't impressed. And by that time it was so completely linked in my head with creepy Draugr stuff that I really didn't see the appeal in wearing it.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-12, 02:03 PM   #890
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Quite fond of the dragonscale set.

Team dragonborn! *cough* sorry...

Also, recognition:

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-12, 02:25 PM   #891
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

If only I could paint the dragonplate some other shade... that whole family of yellowish/off-white/beige tones just looks awful with my coloring. The design wouldn't be so offputting if I didn't hate the color with a vengeance.

Edit: One thing I found out this week, don't know if it's happened to anybody else... Drinking Contest "Sam" showed up in The Bannered Mare a while back and every time I've gone in there I've just ignored him because I was already in the middle of a bunch of stuff and didn't want to do that quest again at the time. Well, the last time I went in and ignored him, he followed me home. Then he stayed in my bedroom, of all places, and kept challenging me over and over until I finally took him up on the contest.

This is very embarrassing when your husband/follower and housecarl are also in the same house.

The only advantage is that I usually run up to The Bannered Mare alone after coming home, just to sell off anything I have that they will buy - especially if it's the middle of the night and they're the only place open for business - so the last time, I ended up in Markarth all by my lonesome. At least this time the Magigolo followed me there because I hadn't switched him out of follower mode yet when I took up the challenge.

Last edited by frau kaleun; 01-20-12 at 02:45 PM.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-12, 03:52 PM   #892
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Indeed, well, at least you get a cool staff.
Old 01-20-12, 04:47 PM   #893
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Also note that with ebony+ and with glass armor you can hit the armor cap of 500something. This is with tempering and smithing perks. Thus it is somewhat more efficient in perk points to go light armor.
Old 01-20-12, 05:22 PM   #894
Drewcifer
Commodore

Downloads: 38

Or go alteration... and you can nearly be immune to phyiscal and magical attacks with a breton.
Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-12, 08:05 PM   #895
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102

True, but I don't like to rely solely on Magic. If I'm going to kill something I want to stab it rather then throw a fireball at it
Old 01-20-12, 08:13 PM   #896
Drewcifer
Commodore

Downloads: 38

True enough I suppose, but I get tired, and sweaty swinging around a sword or some such brutish tool of death. A simple flick of the wrist and everything in the immediate area is dead, fireball. Or two flicks of a wrist and a boss is dead, thunderbolt.
Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-12, 09:09 PM   #897
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Sooo..... I made a little modelet..... that....

Makes ancient Nord armor
- As light armor
- weigh as much as dragon scale
- same protective values as Glass armor
- requires advanced armor for the X2 improve (same perk required for scale armor)

Originaly i had it as basic smithing, but figured youd be able to jack it up to legendary too easily, so i upped the perk requirement to be the same as scale. (EDIT: you still need to finish the companion questline to make the armor however)

I threw it up on my gamefront directory, along with the compass adjustment. Their at the bottom of the page.
http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/ducimus554

I made this mainly because im thinking my next toon will be a Nord/barbarian/ranger type. Light armor, a major in a big honking axe, and a minor in bow.
Alchemy and enchanting too i suppose, oh and some smithing couldn't hurt... anywhoo.. I redid this primarly as a replacement for glass, which really clash's with the rest of the light armor in terms of the conanesque artistic motiff.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12, 02:01 AM   #898
d@rk51d3
Sea Lord

Downloads: 193

Anyone noticed any easter eggs in this one?

I found an ice cave (can't remember it's name) and inside was an ice troll, and also skeleton hanging upside down from the ceiling, with a sword on the ground just out of reach.................... very Star Wars - empire strikes back.
d@rk51d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12, 02:09 AM   #899
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Haha, that's a good one.

Here's a list of easter eggs found so far if anyone's interested:
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/E...s_%28Skyrim%29
Old 01-21-12, 09:39 PM   #900
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223

Came across an interesting quest, they could be anywhere right no arrow pointing to where each one is so this is a dungeon crawl. Oh goodie.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote