SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-23-24, 08:43 AM   #16
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

No one from here has joined us. With the game on sale the timing's never been better. New event starts Tuesday. It's free to join, you can come and go as you please, skip events if you want.

Settings are fairly forgiving, much of it is set as client-side so your personal preferences apply. A few settings are locked to make it a level playing field, but there's quite a bit of latitude too, so players of all skill levels can get their groove on.

There's a swing stick method and for 23 they have added a three-click swing method that is easier when swing timing is set to on, which it is in most societies, including ours.
Old 02-23-24, 11:21 AM   #17
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
No one from here has joined us. With the game on sale the timing's never been better. New event starts Tuesday. It's free to join, you can come and go as you please, skip events if you want.

Settings are fairly forgiving, much of it is set as client-side so your personal preferences apply. A few settings are locked to make it a level playing field, but there's quite a bit of latitude too, so players of all skill levels can get their groove on.

There's a swing stick method and for 23 they have added a three-click swing method that is easier when swing timing is set to on, which it is in most societies, including ours.
I bought the game today and have tried to exercise the swing..without any luck so far. The ball only fly 10 meters or so.

Don't know what I'm doing wrong though. Thinking of skipping it and go directly to carrier.

When I get to know the game a bit more I'm going to join your
"Duck Hook Divot Diggers Club" club.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-24, 12:30 PM   #18
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Try three-click method. Make sure swing timing is on in the settings, because that's what we use in the society. And you don't want to get used to one way and have it all fall apart when you play in our events.

Swing stick with timing off is too easy. Swing stick with timing on is too hard. So I switched to three-click.

There is a practice range where you can go and ht balls until you've got the hang of it. There's also a calibration mode but I'm not sure what it does.

We have been using this thread for our society in case it might come in handy, just skip to the end

PGA Tour 2K23 Thread @ SimHQ
Old 02-23-24, 12:38 PM   #19
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Try three-click method. Make sure swing timing is on in the settings, because that's what we use in the society. And you don't want to get used to one way and have it all fall apart when you play in our events.

Swing stick with timing off is too easy. Swing stick with timing on is too hard. So I switched to three-click.

There is a practice range where you can go and ht balls until you've got the hang of it. There's also a calibration mode but I'm not sure what it does.

We have been using this thread for our society in case it might come in handy, just skip to the end

PGA Tour 2K23 Thread @ SimHQ
How do I activate this three-click method ?

Markus

Old 02-23-24, 12:44 PM   #20
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Under Controls, Swing Input.

I use a controller, and three-click is hold A to set the power, then you release and click at the top to set the swing path, and again at the bottom of the circular meter to set club face. It can be done with the mouse too.

Have a look at the archetypes as well, as these have some bearing on your strengths and weaknesses. I use Sculptor personally as it gives me the best control over my ball flight. But try them all and find which one suits you best.

Last edited by Threadfin; 02-23-24 at 12:53 PM.
Threadfin is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-24, 03:41 PM   #21
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

I would also advise to wait until next week's event to join. The current course is Copperhead and there are frankly some pin positions, which combined with the slope and green speed could feel unfair. Not a great event to start off with.
Old 02-24-24, 10:41 AM   #22
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Could not find it and when I press A may person in game turns to the left.

I have learned how to swing the club, however I suck in putting have played 5 holes and are on + 6

Now I'm playing some hours every day and next week I'll try to find the mp section in the game.

Markus

Old 02-24-24, 01:07 PM   #23
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Haha, sorry, the A was the button on the controller, I didn't write it clearly I guess. If using mouse and keyboard you will need to use whatever it right for that control method.

I use a cheap USB X Box controller knock off
Old 02-25-24, 11:15 AM   #24
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
however I suck in putting have played 5 holes and are on + 6
I play (in Golf+) ~15-20 over par per 18 hole course all the time! When - on average - I do not need more than one stroke additional to the par for a hole, and keep that average over the whole round of 18, i consider it a good round. A par played makes me happy, a birdie makes me celebrating already. Never had an eagle so far.

But then, in the game's world ranking I am currently on rank 195465 with a handicap of 15.788
Old 02-25-24, 01:04 PM   #25
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I finished the course with + 17 over par.

Now I have to figure out where the multi player is.

Markus

Old 02-26-24, 08:26 AM   #26
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

OK, good start.

To find our society you go to Competitive>Societies and then search for Duck Hook Divot Diggers Club. It's a mouth full but I think it is funny.

Current event ends at 8 PM eastern time (US) Tuesday. New event starts when this one ends. We have a 150 entry fee (in game currency) and it's too late to change this for the next event. So if you want to join be sure to play offline a bit to earn some scratch. You'll win some of that back in the event. It's a nominal amount but we like having a money list like the pros haha

Each tournament is four rounds with seven days to get it done. Pause and resume as your schedule allows. Weather conditions, ground conditions and pin positions change each round. The game tracks statistics, standings, money list. Hope you join us and have fun. It will take some time to fit out your clubs and earn the skills that will fine tune your player. So you won't be as long off the tee at the start as we are. But it will come. We've been doing this for a few years on the bounce now so just have fun and don't worry too much about challenging for the lead at the start. Putt Preview is disabled in our events.

If anyone has finished the round you are playing you can add them as a ghost to see their shots and feel like you are sort of playing with others. All in good fun. Good luck!

Last edited by Threadfin; 02-26-24 at 09:01 AM.
Threadfin is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-24, 11:53 AM   #27
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

This is an off topic funny input

You wouldn't believe me, I'm telling you the truth however.

I was on hole 12 a par 4 hole had just been putting for a double bogey when my NPC-player throw the putter into the wood and turned towards me and said while he pointed at me.

You're FIRED!

So now I'm searching for a new avatar who will let me control him.

End of an off topic...

Back to serious discussion
I found the society now I'm going to search for your club.

Edit
Just joined your DHDD-Club.
End edit

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 02-26-24 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-26-24, 12:58 PM   #28
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Welcome aboard! Feel free to play the current event. It goes through til tomorrow. But this is the course I said might feel unfair, so no worries if you prefer to wait. Did you get in to the society with no issues? Were you able to join?

Maybe you will be the catalyst for a few more to give it a go. We have lost a few players to other interests and could use a few more!
Old 02-26-24, 01:18 PM   #29
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Welcome aboard! Feel free to play the current event. It goes through til tomorrow. But this is the course I said might feel unfair, so no worries if you prefer to wait. Did you get in to the society with no issues? Were you able to join?

Maybe you will be the catalyst for a few more to give it a go. We have lost a few players to other interests and could use a few more!
No problemos joining the club. I even posted a comment where I mentioned this forum.

Markus

Old 02-26-24, 01:46 PM   #30
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Excellent, I hope you'll participate and have fun.

To add a ghost, on the screen where you click play or whatever takes you to the event, there is an 'add player' thing. If any of us have completed a round you can add the player here and you'll see a dot on the screen representing the other player(s) ball. Pretty cool. You can also have the other player(s) show in full, with their character and animations, but this takes a lot longer. For this you have to turn 'turn order' on. I play with just the dots so I can see how the other player(s) got on.