SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-24-11, 07:39 AM   #676
Trasgu2010
Sailor man

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0
Do not Know if Works whith SH3 Commander R3.2

Hi every body!!!

I´m interes in installing:

-WB's Mid-Patrol Radio Orders GWX
-Mission Orders GWX
-Warning Orders GWX

But I do not Know if those ones works whith this last version of SH3 Commander-The Complete Super Deluxe Thallium Commander's Special Ultimate Edition

IF works,Where I can get them??.

Thank you for your help.

Trasgu2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-11, 09:45 AM   #677
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Commander is a standalone program, so it's compatible with almost every mod that you put into the game.

All of those should cause no problems, I've used them myself with Commander.

They're all at WB's Mediafire site:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f...1041a3fc51d567

There are several pages of mods listed, I think all the ones you want are on the last one.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-11, 12:46 PM   #678
Trasgu2010
Sailor man

Thank You Frau kaleun

I´ve downloaded:WB's Mid-Patrol Radio Orders GWX (SH3 Cmdr) v1.0+WB's Mission Orders v1.2+WB's Warning Orders (SH3 Cmdr) v1.3

Now I have a doubt.I reproduce what I do not understand well enught:

WB News Network.txt
WB News Network will keep you informed of historical events and order you to take part in historical missions scripted into GWX 3.0. It consists of two parts..........................Installation is in two parts:
1. Extract the 'WBNN Mission Orders' folder into JSGME MODS and install through JSGME.----O.K
2. Extract the Cfg folder in 'WBNN Warning Orders (SH3 Cmdr)' into your SH3 Commander folder.---But what folder,??
Deconflicting with other messages mods:copy all messages from the 'Mission Order messages_en' (or _fr or _de) file and paste into your original messages file at \Data\Campaigns\Campaign\messages_en.txt-----But this in GWX 3.0 Glod.I supoose

WB Warning Orders will give you Warning Orders of impending operations and news of recent events through SH3 Commander......
Installation:
Extract the Cfg folder in 'WBNN Warning Orders (SH3 Cmdr)' into your SH3 Commander folder.---But what folder,??

Welcome to WB's Mid-Patrol Radio Orders mod. This version needs to be used with 'GWX3 Cfg files for SH3 Commander'....Ok
Installation:
This mod is JSGME ready but must be installed in SH3 Commander. If you try and apply it straight to SH3 it will not work.The mod must be installed as follows:
1. Enable 'WB's Mid-Patrol Radio Orders' in SH3 Commander----But in what Folder??
2. Press F5
3. Enable the relevant 'WB's Patrol Orders' mod
Old 07-24-11, 01:44 PM   #679
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Mid-Patrol Radio Orders is designed to mod Commander itself, not your game installation. Commander is what makes it work.

So, you need to set up JGSME for Commander.

If you already have JSGME set up for the game, open your game folder. Select the following files:

JSGME.exe
JSGME.ini
JoneSoft.txt

Copy those files and paste them into your Commander folder (the one named SH3 Commander that was created when you installed it). Now create a new folder in the Commander folder and name it MODS.

Now right-click on the JSGME.exe you just created in the Commander folder, and drag it to your desktop. Create a shortcut for it there and name it JSGME Commander or whatever you like that will distinguish it from any other JSGME shortcuts you have there.

Now put the mod into the MODS folder you created in the Commander folder, in the same way you would put a mod into your game's MODS folder.

When you double-click that new shortcut, it should open up JSGME for Commander and show you the contents of the MODS folder you just created for it, and you will see the mod you just added and you can enable it in Commander.

For the other mods, I'm guessing that the files they want you to copy into Commander will overwrite the original versions of those files that Commander already contains. So just copy them to the folder where you see Commander already has them and let them overwrite the original versions.

Usually if it says "your SH3 Commander folder" it means the folder referred to above, named SH3 Commander, that was created when you installed Commander.
Old 07-31-11, 05:49 PM   #680
Trasgu2010
Sailor man

Default Multiple SH3 Commander 3.2

Hi every body!!!

I have 3 different installations of Silent Hunter III but just 1 whith SH3 Commander 3.2.
I´d like to know if it´s possible to make various installations of SH3 Commander 3.2.
If so,what do I have to do?.Installing 3 times SH3 Commander One for each Installation of Silent Hunter III.

Thank you for your help.
Old 07-31-11, 06:03 PM   #681
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trasgu2010 View Post
Hi every body!!!

I have 3 different installations of Silent Hunter III but just 1 whith SH3 Commander 3.2.
I´d like to know if it´s possible to make various installations of SH3 Commander 3.2.
Yes, it's possible. Just install the second, third, etc. instance of Commander into different locations on your hard drive. I have three installations, one for three different versions of the game. I suggest creating new folders for the additional installations Commander, and naming them something that will make it easy to recognize which installation of Commander is being used with which installation of SH3.

Quote:
If so,what do I have to do?.Installing 3 times SH3 Commander One for each Installation of Silent Hunter III.
As noted above, that is not only possible but IMO advisable. Any given installation of Commander can only be "pointed" to one given game installation at a time. If you want to use one Commander to run two or more versions of the game, you have to keep changing which game folder it points to every time you switch versions of SH3. Also, you may want Commander to enable different options for different game installations, so you'd have to keep switching those around as well.

Yes it takes up a bit more space on the hard drive, but if I've got a game installation that I want to use Commander with, it gets its own unique installation of Commander. It's a little more work in the short run, but a lot less work (and less opportunity for error) in the long run.
Old 07-31-11, 06:29 PM   #682
Trasgu2010
Sailor man

Thank You very Much Frau kaleun

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
Yes, it's possible. Just install the second, third, etc. instance of Commander into different locations on your hard drive. I have three installations, one for three different versions of the game. I suggest creating new folders for the additional installations Commander, and naming them something that will make it easy to recognize which installation of Commander is being used with which installation of SH3.

As noted above, that is not only possible but IMO advisable. Any given installation of Commander can only be "pointed" to one given game installation at a time. If you want to use one Commander to run two or more versions of the game, you have to keep changing which game folder it points to every time you switch versions of SH3. Also, you may want Commander to enable different options for different game installations, so you'd have to keep switching those around as well.

Yes it takes up a bit more space on the hard drive, but if I've got a game installation that I want to use Commander with, it gets its own unique installation of Commander. It's a little more work in the short run, but a lot less work (and less opportunity for error) in the long run.
Old 07-31-11, 06:41 PM   #683
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trasgu2010 View Post
Thank You very Much Frau kaleun
De nada!
Old 08-03-11, 01:19 PM   #684
BogdaNz
Loader

Downloads: 105

i start a new campaign with commander ,but i have a problem ,i start on 8 ausgust 1940 with 2 flottila,but the problem is that is say start from Wilhelmshaven and return to Wilhelmshaven.instead i want to start from Wilhelmshaven and finish at lorient
is there any possibility ?
Old 08-03-11, 01:36 PM   #685
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogdaNz View Post
i start a new campaign with commander ,but i have a problem ,i start on 8 ausgust 1940 with 2 flottila,but the problem is that is say start from Wilhelmshaven and return to Wilhelmshaven.instead i want to start from Wilhelmshaven and finish at lorient
is there any possibility ?
I'm pretty sure that the game doesn't move 2 Flotilla to Lorient until September 1940. You should get some kind of notification when the game makes the switch.

You might be able to dock at Lorient and end a patrol there before the switch is made, but until the game recognizes Lorient as your new base of operations, that will not give you all the same options as docking back at Wili.

However if you stay at sea long enough, Lorient may be your home base by the time you are ready to end the patrol. I would assume that you would get some kind of notification of that, but I don't know... I've always been in base at Wili on the date the switch occurs, so I don't know how it works if you're already at sea.
Old 08-07-11, 04:23 AM   #686
complutum
Torpedoman

Downloads: 384

I've noticed that crew names and ranks are different inside SH3 than in Commander.

Has anyone noticed this?

I use Gwx plus commander with the addecuate files for gwx.

Thanks in advance
complutum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 10:35 AM   #687
Wintahs
A-ganger

Downloads: 3

The cargo and crew details don't show up in my logs. They did before I took a break from SH3. Can anyone help?
Wintahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 11:21 AM   #688
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintahs View Post
The cargo and crew details don't show up in my logs. They did before I took a break from SH3. Can anyone help?
Did you update your personnel file before accessing the logs? Updating your personnel file after a patrol is what triggers Commander to flesh out your logs with the additional details for ship names, cargo, and crew. It has to be done first otherwise your logs don't get automatically updated either.
Old 08-07-11, 01:51 PM   #689
Wintahs
A-ganger

Downloads: 3

First thing I do is update my personal file, so that's not the problem.
My Commander is completely up to date, too.
Wintahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 02:29 PM   #690
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Are they not showing up in SH3 Commander? Or just not in SH3 itself?

Tags
sh3 commander