Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-26-19, 05:09 AM   #3421
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
'I've lost my babies. I've lost my friends. I just want to come home': RICHARD PENDLEBURY tracks jihadi bride Shamima Begum to a new Syrian camp as she says she's a changed woman (complete with lip gloss and nose stud). So do YOU have any sympathy?

In the corner of a cabin behind a wire fence on a sun-blasted Syrian hillside, a girl from Bethnal Green is perched on a sofa, regarding me warily. The first things I notice about her are the absence of a veil, the glint of a fashionable diamante nose stud and the application of what looks very much like lip gloss.

There is also the cheerful plum-coloured — rather than Islamist black — hijab. From beneath her long grey skirt a baby-blue nylon trainer is peeping. All these aspects of her appearance are new and unexpected. Yet her face is instantly recognisable. She is the British teenage Isis bride, Shamima Begum.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...id=mailsignout
A few changes in appearance may well be just a smokescreen and not convincing enough for me.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-19, 05:43 AM   #3422
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

If she ever publicly (!) expresses shame, admits to have done wrong, and shows pity for the terrorists' victims there could at least be a discussion, but i do not think this is the time.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-19, 06:25 AM   #3423
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
If she ever publicly (!) expresses shame, admits to have done wrong, and shows pity for the terrorists' victims there could at least be a discussion, but i do not think this is the time.
Agreed

Old 10-27-19, 04:59 AM   #3424
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The United States military has conducted a special operations raid targeting one of its most high-value targets, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Islamic State militant group (ISIS), Newsweek has learned. Donald Trump approved the mission nearly a week before it took place.

Amid reports Saturday of U.S. military helicopters over Syria's northwestern Idlib province, a senior Pentagon official familiar with the operation and Army official briefed on the matter told Newsweek that Baghdadi was the target of the top-secret operation in the last bastion of the country's Islamist-dominated opposition, a faction that has clashed with ISIS in recent years. A U.S. Army source briefed on the results of the operation told Newsweek that Baghdadi was killed in the raid. And the Defense Department told the White House they have "high confidence" that the high-value target killed was Baghdadi but further verification is pending.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...id=mailsignout
Good news indeed if and when verified.

Old 10-27-19, 12:59 PM   #3425
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

so much for the loss of influence theory.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-19, 01:26 PM   #3426
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The fugitive leader of the Islamic State (IS) group killed himself during a US military operation in north-west Syria, President Donald Trump has said.

Speaking from the White House, Mr Trump said Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi detonated his suicide vest after fleeing into a tunnel, chased by US military dogs.

In an unusual Sunday morning statement, Mr Trump said Baghdadi ran into a dead-end tunnel in Idlib province, "whimpering, crying and screaming", while being chased by military dogs.

"The thug who tried so hard to intimidate others spent his last moments in utter fear, in total panic and dread, terrified of the American forces bearing down on him," he said.

Baghdadi, who was with three children, killed himself and all of them by detonating his vest, Mr Trump said. The blast mutilated Baghdadi's body but, according to the president, an on-site DNA test confirmed his identity.

No US personnel were killed, he said, but one of the dogs was injured.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50200339
I hope the dog makes a full recovery.

Old 10-27-19, 02:50 PM   #3427
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

He seems to have been killed, okay. Whether it really was like little Cesar said, is left open for believing or not believing, he says a lot on a day, and by now one should know what to make of his theatralic phrasing. On Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, it is a symbolic and moral victory in thje fight against the IS, not more. When somebody already lambasted that the IS now is defeated by this kill, that somebody simply is wrong. Its a symbolic, a moral scoring - not more. The danger by the IS is not affected by this, nor is it militarily relevant. For what it is: congrats! Some people in the intel and military did a good job.

Last edited by Skybird; 10-27-19 at 03:00 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-19, 06:05 PM   #3428
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I hope the dog makes a full recovery.
I'm glad only one of the dogs was injured, and I hope he or she goes on to make a full recovery and eat lots of doggie treats. If the dog can't work anymore and must retire, I hope Trump adopts him or her as the first dog.

Last edited by em2nought; 10-27-19 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Even better idea!
em2nought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-19, 06:23 PM   #3429
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Russian military questioning it

Quote:
The Russian military on Sunday questioned the official US account of the military raid that killed ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, saying it was not aware of any US military operations in the region.
https://edition.cnn.com/politics/liv...35a29aac4e9eec

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 07:44 AM   #3430
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Another bastard dead thousands to take his place.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 08:34 AM   #3431
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
He seems to have been killed, okay. Whether it really was like little Cesar said, is left open for believing or not believing, he says a lot on a day, and by now one should know what to make of his theatralic phrasing. On Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, it is a symbolic and moral victory in thje fight against the IS, not more. When somebody already lambasted that the IS now is defeated by this kill, that somebody simply is wrong. Its a symbolic, a moral scoring - not more. The danger by the IS is not affected by this, nor is it militarily relevant. For what it is: congrats! Some people in the intel and military did a good job.
They'll soon have a replacement if not already but I'm happy to take the present win-win situation.

Old 10-28-19, 05:52 PM   #3432
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Another bastard dead thousands to take his place.

At least this one won't be getting released to fight against us a third time. Thanks Bush!

Last edited by em2nought; 10-29-19 at 05:41 AM. Reason: meant third not second, and it's thanks Bush, not thanks Obama
em2nought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-19, 05:57 AM   #3433
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) say their spy stole Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi's underwear which was then DNA tested and used to prove his identity before he was killed.

An anonymous official told the Reuters news agency that Baghdadi had been given religious rites according to the Islamic custom and buried at sea.

A similar process was carried out following the killing of al-Qaeda founder Osama bin Laden in Pakistan in 2011.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-50218637
The moral being...never lose sight of your underwear.

Old 10-29-19, 09:32 AM   #3434
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
say their spy stole Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi's underwear which was then DNA tested and used to prove his identity before he was killed.
DNA PROOF THAT YOUVE BEEN CREAMIN' IN YOUR SKIVVIES ON JIHAD PROVIDING EVIDENCE TO INFIDELS WILL SURELY COST YOU ONE OF YOUR 72 VIRGINS IN PARADISE...BUT SMALL LOSS; MOST OF 'EM CAN'T COUNT THAT HIGH ANYWAY https://stepfeed.com/this-muslim-lawyer-has-the-perfect-response-to-the-72-virgins-myth-2350

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-19, 09:42 AM   #3435
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I've told the wife to keep a sharp eye out on her washing line

Tags
terrorism