SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-18-10, 09:42 PM   #1
CH3NO2
Swabbie

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0

@ Lukeff, I saw where you moved slots from Hogan's Alley to the control room. Is this a major mod or can it be done by an individual such as myself? Also, while watching Rockin Robin's targeting tutorial it shows a projected bearing line for his torps. Is this something that was removed in the mod? Thanks for any help.
CH3NO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-10, 08:01 PM   #2
John W. Hamm
Watch Officer

Downloads: 8

LukeFF I know that i am should just expect the "when it's done, its done..." but I just came back after playing several other sacrilegious games over an extended period of time. And I am anxious to start a new campaign using RFB 2.0 but I really want to wait for this next update. (want to have my planes-men back) So can you give me an idea of how long it may be? BTW what happened to the PhM? I really liked that.
Old 01-27-10, 02:47 PM   #3
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by John W. Hamm View Post
LukeFF I know that i am should just expect the "when it's done, its done..." but I just came back after playing several other sacrilegious games over an extended period of time. And I am anxious to start a new campaign using RFB 2.0 but I really want to wait for this next update. (want to have my planes-men back) So can you give me an idea of how long it may be? BTW what happened to the PhM? I really liked that.
It should be released within the next week or two. I'm finishing up a new feature that will go into the patch, and then after that it's a matter of testing it all to make sure nothing is broken.

I removed the PhM and the other so-called "non-combat" POs, because I just wasn't satisfied with how they mesh into the rest of the game.

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 10:07 PM   #4
John W. Hamm
Watch Officer

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF View Post
It should be released within the next week or two. I'm finishing up a new feature that will go into the patch, and then after that it's a matter of testing it all to make sure nothing is broken.

I removed the PhM and the other so-called "non-combat" POs, because I just wasn't satisfied with how they mesh into the rest of the game.

Okie Dokie man I appreciate all your hard work, and i shall eagerly await this next installment.!!!!
Old 01-28-10, 12:14 PM   #5
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

get a chance to fix the radar?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 09:32 AM   #6
Jurgens
Swabbie

Downloads: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFB Team View Post
........RFB 2.0 is for version SH4 v.1.5 only.
This and other mods for v. 1.5 need to be moved to the SH4 ATO mods area as v.1.5 is only for the U-boat missions pack
Jurgens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 11:19 AM   #7
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

I'm playing in my current career in March-April '45 and while on patrol I received a message to shift my base of operations to Subic Bay in the Philippines from Mios Wendi. Only problem with this is that I can only refit at Subic Bay and not end my patrol. Just wondering if this is a small bug in RFB 2.0 or not?

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 02:17 AM   #8
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
I'm playing in my current career in March-April '45 and while on patrol I received a message to shift my base of operations to Subic Bay in the Philippines from Mios Wendi. Only problem with this is that I can only refit at Subic Bay and not end my patrol. Just wondering if this is a small bug in RFB 2.0 or not?
That's an RSRDC issue.

RFB Team Leader
Old 04-18-10, 03:47 AM   #9
bybyx
Ensign

Downloads: 942

Hello RFB team! It is my first time with your super mod. . I have the following mods installed:
1.RFB 2.0
2.RFB 2.0 patch
3.Hydrophone lines for RFB 2.0
4.Sub Watch Sensors + Scene 1.0
5.RSRD for RFB 2.0
6.RSRD patch
7.Max Optics IV for RFB 2.0.
So far it is my first patrol and I encountered a task force SE of Formosa. I have 2 heavy cruisers, 2 or 3 light cruisers and 3 other smaller warships most likely destroyers or minelayers.( no help in identifying, only manual id) They travel at around 17-18knots from my estimates on a NNE course. I heard them on hydrophones at first ant then made visual contact. I was in good position, went to periscope and waited. I started taking measurements, prepared forward tubes and fired 4 torps at the lead cruiser( a Takao). Two duds, two hits. It doesn't go down. The task force steers away, no depth charge. Why? I am now in pursuit .
Questions:
1. What other mods I can use with RFB 2.0
2. Can i have back the help for identification? Sometimes i just want to quickly id a target and don't have the patience scrolling the manual.
bybyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 02:27 PM   #10
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF View Post
That's an RSRDC issue.

Thanks, LukeFF. I'll mention it in the RSRDC Thread.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 07:01 PM   #11
flapjack
Swabbie

Default Depth charges stop, major drop in framerate in certain places

Hi RFB team, great mod!

I'm running RFB 2.0, RSRDC for RFB, RSRDC patch (in that order).

I noticed two problems. Both occurred on the Single Mission "Borneo Convoy" with the Gato-class sub.

== Problem #1: DD depth charges ==

The DD's depth-charged me over a period of about 15 minutes, then stopped. They were still searching for me, pinging, and finding me, but they'd just zoom over my position without actually dropping depth charges.

In external cam view, I noticed that all three of the DD's were actually missing their DC racks. I only bothered to look after the depth charge attacks stopped, so I don't know if the racks were there when I was being depth-charged earlier.

I noticed that others reported this problem earlier in the thread, so I was wondering if it was resolved.

== Problem #2: Stuttering / low frame rate ==

Some interior views, and exterior views of the surfaced sub, would drop my framerate from typical 25-30 down to 2 or 1, rendering the game almost entirely unplayable. I also noticed that some of the crew (light blue shirt, white sailor's cap) were somewhat transparent. From outside on the bridge, I could the bridge railings right through them! I think this is related to the low FPS.

This is actually a big problem for me, because the drop in frame-rate occurs for maybe 75% of the viewable area of bridge, and almost the entire control room. At 2 fps, the game is totally unplayable.

Note: I haven't installed the March 7 patch yet, so maybe that will fix the problem. But I didn't see anything about these issues in the messages about that patch, so ... yeah. :-)

Thanks again for a great mod!

-- flapjack
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 02:14 AM   #12
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgens View Post
This and other mods for v. 1.5 need to be moved to the SH4 ATO mods area as v.1.5 is only for the U-boat missions pack
This mod is primarily for fleet submarine missions. It's in the correct forum.

RFB Team Leader
Old 04-22-10, 01:49 AM   #13
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Coming in the next patch: new binocular texture by conus00 (the creator of all the uniform textures in RFB). Replaces that crappy low-res default texture.

RFB Team Leader
Old 04-22-10, 01:50 AM   #14
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

nice binos !!!

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 02:52 AM   #15
TH0R
XO

Downloads: 52

Now they will not have an excuse to spot ships too late, with these shiny new binocs.