SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-12-07, 03:07 PM   #2386
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfehunter
GWX team are you going to make a new post for the GWX 2.0 newer mods? This way people don't get confused with the older mods.
The first posts on this thread have been updated, WolfHunter. Have you read them? I suggest that you do.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-07, 05:01 PM   #2387
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDickson
Hi
Can you please help with GWX 2
The game freezes when loading single missions and careers, the red bar showing it loading almost reaches the end and then freezes. I cant use the task bar manager to come out of the game, I have to reboot.

I can load the Naval Academy missions.

My specs

AMD Athlon 3.2
1.5gb DDR2 ram
ATI 9600 256mb graphics

Can you please help

Thanks

Bill
Looking at your specs I estimate it should take approx 7/8 mins on first loading

You have the same processor and only 500MB less than me

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-07, 05:02 PM   #2388
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfehunter
GWX team are you going to make a new post for the GWX 2.0 newer mods? This way people don't get confused with the older mods.
The first posts on this thread have been updated, WolfHunter. Have you read them? I suggest that you do.
nope but I will now. Thanks
Old 12-12-07, 05:06 PM   #2389
KeptinCranky
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDickson
Hi
Can you please help with GWX 2
The game freezes when loading single missions and careers, the red bar showing it loading almost reaches the end and then freezes. I cant use the task bar manager to come out of the game, I have to reboot.

I can load the Naval Academy missions.

My specs

AMD Athlon 3.2
1.5gb DDR2 ram
ATI 9600 256mb graphics

Can you please help

Thanks

Bill
I have exactly the same thing, the red bar fills up completely but nothing seems to happen.

This is normal....what I do is watch the HDD led like a hawk (or do what danlisa said ) eventually it will start doing stuff and you'll get the not so long ago... screen

The discrepancy between the red bar and the actual loading of the game is greatest when you start the game the first time, after that it will return to normal

don't get discouraged mate, there's a fat tanker with your name on it out there
KeptinCranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-07, 07:29 PM   #2390
Surfrider
Watch

Downloads: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
Welcome to Subsim.

With all respect, wait a little longer.

Seriously, anything from 5 - 10 mins is normal. Have a cup of tea, smoke, kiss & cuddle etc . It will load. If the game wasn't going to load, it will crash to desktop and give you a warning message.
Well your problems isn't nothing compering mine problems,i had to wait the whole week to get the GWX 2.0 to downloaded.I've been smoking,drinking coffee and kissing my wife now 4 days . But i'm a real man,i can wait,even if it takes my whole health away.And i'm going donate few bucks,but only after when i get GWX to downloaded
Surfrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-07, 07:34 PM   #2391
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
Welcome to Subsim.

With all respect, wait a little longer.

Seriously, anything from 5 - 10 mins is normal. Have a cup of tea, smoke, kiss & cuddle etc . It will load. If the game wasn't going to load, it will crash to desktop and give you a warning message.
Well your problems isn't nothing compering mine problems,i had to wait the whole week to get the GWX 2.0 to downloaded.I've been smoking,drinking coffee and kissing my wife now 4 days . But i'm a real man,i can wait,even if it takes my whole health away.And i'm going donate few bucks,but only after when i get GWX to downloaded
You are a good man Surfrider.

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 12-13-07, 02:28 AM   #2392
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarJak
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP
Great work on the mod. One really silly thing that irks me though... in the new enabled crew cheers for when a torpedo strikes, why on earth is there someone very clearly calling for a medic?
Are you using the German voices or the English ones? GWX2.0 is designed to be used with German voices. You can choose whether to use English or German text, but the sound track is far more immersive when heard in German. Just like Das Boot!
I'm a bit late with this, but I should've clarified that I certainly meant the German sounds. Which is to say the voice very clearly yelling "Sani!" - the voice is actually from the Gibraltar scene in Das Boot where Kriechbaum is wounded and they're bringing him back into the boat

I'll keep blaming Bernard I guess :p

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-07, 02:34 AM   #2393
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Great work on the mod. One really silly thing that irks me though... in the new enabled crew cheers for when a torpedo strikes, why on earth is there someone very clearly calling for a medic?
Are you using the German voices or the English ones? GWX2.0 is designed to be used with German voices. You can choose whether to use English or German text, but the sound track is far more immersive when heard in German. Just like Das Boot!
I'm a bit late with this, but I should've clarified that I certainly meant the German sounds. Which is to say the voice very clearly yelling "Sani!" - the voice is actually from the Gibraltar scene in Das Boot where Kriechbaum is wounded and they're bringing him back into the boat

That is odd... on the copy I pulled from the Subsim links, I have the crew cheering and then being cut short with "SCHLIESS!!!" from the torpedo officer from the movie Das Boot.

Wierd.

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 12-13-07, 05:52 AM   #2394
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That is odd... on the copy I pulled from the Subsim links, I have the crew cheering and then being cut short with "SCHLIESS!!!" from the torpedo officer from the movie Das Boot.

Wierd.
I get what KL gets. Could it be misheard as sani?
TarJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-07, 07:30 AM   #2395
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Definitely sounds like "SCHLIESS!!!" to me

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-07, 07:56 AM   #2396
Lapazeus
Watch

Downloads: 40

I'm relatively new to the whole idea of modding games for more realism, but when I tried GWX 1.3 I was instantly hooked. It improved gameplay, immersion, realism and it made the game for fun - at the same time! You guys must have really work yourselves to the bone to make a modification this massive - the amount of detail is amazing. And what I've read about the 2.0 version, you'll raise the bar to a whole new level.

EDIT: Removed some text

Last edited by Lapazeus; 12-13-07 at 08:08 AM.
Lapazeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-07, 08:04 AM   #2397
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapazeus
..........If this is the case, I wont' install the game until the 16th as a matter of principle.

I'm relatively new to the whole idea of modding games for more realism, but when I tried GWX 1.3 I was instantly hooked. It improved gameplay, immersion, realism and it made the game for fun - at the same time! You guys must have really work yourselves to the bone to make a modification this massive - the amount of detail is amazing. And what I've read about the 2.0 version, you'll raise the bar to a whole new level.
If you don't mind, could you remove the mention of the above site?

There are some very under handed & deceitful people in this community and they are cheapening the donations and support already offered. Some people carry a grudge for a long time.

Thank you for your support in this matter.

We are really glad you have enjoyed 1.03 and GWX v2.0 will be a whole new adventure. Please enjoy it.

EDIT - Thank you very much.

Last edited by danlisa; 12-13-07 at 08:36 AM.
danlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-07, 11:10 AM   #2398
5string74
Torpedoman

Downloads: 0
Default Do I have to uninstall SHIII if I have a clean copy?

Hello mates.

I have read that one has to uninstall SHIII and reinstall in order to properly dl GWX 2. I have a clean copy of SHIII patched to 1.4 on my hard drive. Could I just use that rather than go through uninstall/reinstall?

Thanks for all your efforts!
5string

Patrol Frigate 101 USS Greensboro
My uncle was aboard this Coast Guard vessel on convoy duty on the Murmansk Run as well as all over the Atlantic
5string74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-07, 11:36 AM   #2399
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5string74
Hello mates.

I have read that one has to uninstall SHIII and reinstall in order to properly dl GWX 2. I have a clean copy of SHIII patched to 1.4 on my hard drive. Could I just use that rather than go through uninstall/reinstall?
Yes, as long as it's clean & unmodded.

Oh, BTW it's not a requirement to download GWX, just to properly install it.
Old 12-13-07, 01:25 PM   #2400
5string74
Torpedoman

Downloads: 0

Thanks danlisa. You are always right there, aren't you?

5string74
5string74 is offline   Reply With Quote