SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-13, 10:28 PM   #2701
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

v1.0.147.0 released. See post #1

Starting with v1.0.147.0 fixed bug of new radio room and antenna zones not enabled in AI crew damage control patch. Now the AI crew is able to repair these zones (if they aren't damaged too much and/or flooded too much)

Tomorrow I will add code so that unit is able to signal other units if radio is disabled and other units are within visual/signaling range.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-13, 11:29 PM   #2702
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
... if radio is disabled and other units are within visual/signaling range.
Would be nice to have the light signal code a la SH4
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-13, 01:30 AM   #2703
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Generic Patcher manual Ru (1.0.134 test - 1.0.147) - http://www.4sync.com/archive/xhH4LnG...l_Ru__101.html

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-13, 09:29 AM   #2704
Captain73
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain73 View Post
You can get to 20mm Flak on orders Player (binoculars and space) opened fire on the enemy ship?

Don't understand the question.

My boys Flak 20 mm, shoot at enemy planes!
I can't force them to shoot at the enemy ship!
Old 08-06-13, 09:46 AM   #2705
Captain73
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain73 View Post
But ....
My gunners continue to independently identify targets?! You can make a player (captain), he pointed at the target, and thus gave the command to destroy the ship? (Eg I looked through the binoculars and pressed the space bar!) ....
In other words .... We need to remove all the initiative in the actions of people with 88mm guns!

With the patch enabled my gunners no longer shoot at targets on their own (unless I give them the order to shoot freely). Everything is working as designed. Did you give you crew the order to shoot freely? That would explain why they are attacking a unit when you press the spacebar.
My 88 mm gun shoots only after clicking on the icon interface!
Guys have guns 88 mm themselves choose whom to shoot!
I cannot specify the ship, which must be destroyed!
Old 08-06-13, 04:20 PM   #2706
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
The radio room box needs to extend all the way out to the sides of the ship (or out to the sides of the width of the biggest box it's part of). The max radius of the AP shell is 0.2 and I never incur any damage to the radio room even when I hit it square on the side (NLL). The radius from impact point to the radio room box is always around 0.37 thus it never incurs any damage (0.2 is max radius of AP shell) .

I widened the radio room box and finally got the impact radius to around 0.15 (AP shell). This resulted in damage to the radio room box of only 1.7 HPs. Clearly this is not 50% of it's HPs (30) so taking out the radio room with one shot is currently not possible.
I don't get it.

AP shell's MinEF is set to 8. How do you get a damage which is lesser than the set minimum?

There is more: going by my settings and by the explosion damage formula posted by you here (explosive damage applied only if random (MinEF, MaxEF) > 4 * ArmorLevel), the NLL shouldn't have incurred in any blast damage, since 16 (i.e. AP shell's MaxEF) is lesser than 4 * 15 (i.e. NLL's radio room ArmorLevel, taken from ship's collisionable object controller)
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-13, 05:29 PM   #2707
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Gabriele, are you going to edit OHII ships also? I ask because OHII convoys mostly contain imported .dat ships..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
Old 08-06-13, 06:07 PM   #2708
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Gabriele, are you going to edit OHII ships also? I ask because OHII convoys mostly contain imported .dat ships..
yes I will, and MTNS' ships too, if there is any interest on them

But before working on them, I want to finetune stock ship settings according to TDW's remarks. Right now I am going post a couple of adjusted zon files that I worked on today, just for testing purposes
Old 08-06-13, 06:30 PM   #2709
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
yes I will, and MTNS' ships too, if there is any interest on them
You think so?? I don't.. NewUIs + MTNS together are too hard for any machine.. I guess nobody use NASA computers here.. yet..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
But before working on them, I want to finetune stock ship settings according to TDW's remarks. Right now I am going post a couple of adjusted zon files that I worked on today, just for testing purposes
Unfortunately, Fifi and Sjizzle are the only testers here at the moment

Old 08-06-13, 06:56 PM   #2710
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
You think so?? I don't.. NewUIs + MTNS together are too hard for any machine.. I guess nobody use NASA computers here.. yet..
That is a real shame. I wonder if the problem with this mod is the huge number of ships itself, or the addition of too many campaign layers for handling them

Quote:
Unfortunately, Fifi and Sjizzle are the only testers here at the moment
sunny days, vacations, hot temperatures making our computers to blow up and our brains to go haywire, are an explosive mixture for our little community.

Unfortunately in this case I need for TDW, because using holly debug he can see what is actually going on in game whereas we should judge the results of our tests empirically, from (not so clear) game outcomes...
Old 08-07-13, 07:19 PM   #2711
gap
Navy Seal

Following the report by TDW, about the new radio patch, I have reworked RadioRooms's zone settings and rearranged the damage boxes of a couple of ships. Download link below:

Ship Radio Damage Patch Test 1

What I have done:

- RadioRoom zone settings:

based on the formulas that a while ago TDW has posted in this thread, I have created a spreadsheet for previewing the effect of different Armor Level and HitPoint settings on the damage made by U-boat's ordnance on different ship types. This is what we had so far:

Game settings on the right (RadioRoom settings marked in yellow), espected results on the left:

Legend:
  • zone armor: the armor level of the radio room, as determined by ships' main armor levels and by radio room's armor level setting.
  • piercing chance: percent chance that a shell will pierce radio room's armor, on a direct impact (color code: green - the shell has a 100% probability to penetrate the armor; red - the shell won't penetrate; orange - there is a random chance to penetrate the radio room).
  • blast effectiveness: the capability of a shell to cause damage to the radio room at different ranges from the impact point (color code: green - as far as the shell hits a point which is within its blast radius from the radioroom, the radio room will get damage; red - no matter how close the impact point is to the radio room, the shell is unable to damage it; orange - distance of the radio room from the impact point is critical [no damage done at the furtest damage radius]).
  • - number of round needed: max/min estimated number of shells hitting the radio room (or a point close enough to the radio room for it to take damage from blast explosion) required for radio equipment to be disabled. Double these numbers for getting an estimations of rounds required for the zone to be destroyed permanently.

As you can see, with previous settings (Armor Level: -1, HitPoints: 30) the only possible damage was from direct impact, with various piercing chances depending on the shell used (AP 88mm shell more advantageous) and on the armor level of the target ship; battleships and some destroyers invulnerable, no matter the ordnance used against them. In theory, disabling the radio equipment of the vunerable ships would have taken 1-2 88mm shells, but since their radio room was surrounded by other zones, a direct impact was impossible and their radio room practically indestructible.

The new settings now (Armor Level: -0.25, HitPoints: 50):

As you can see, for most ships a direct impact has a 100% chace of penetrating radio room's armor, no matter the ordnance used. The one exception are battleships which would require AP 88mm shells with only a 27% chance of success. For other ships the best ordnance selection is 88mm HE, due to their ability to cause blast damage on most ships. Another advantage of HE over AP shells, is that a smaller number of them is going to be required (1-3 vs. 2-4).
The only minus I can see, is that in my opinion 20mm shells are a bit too overpowered now, but addressing this flaw would require editing some other parameters which are not the focus of this mod.

If someone else wants to play with diffrent parameters, I can upload my spreadsheet here.

- Damage boxes

For testing purposes, I have worked on only two ships at the moment: the Appalachian, and the NLL that TDW had been playing with the last night.

I have made just minor changes to their radio room boxes, but I have made space around them, scaling down and/or moving other surrounding boxes. Now nothing is on the way between our muzzles and the radio rooms, so direct hits should be finally possible.

Moreover, I have added to both ships all the missing radio antennas. The Appalachian has now 2 transmitting radio antennas (one on each side of the horizontal element below the huge radar antenna), and 8 receiving antennas (i.e. one for each of the wires connecting the radar mast with the fore and the aft masts). As for the NLL, she got 1 transmit antenna (the horizontal element on the aft mast, just below the flag pole) and 2 receiving antennas (1 for each of the two halves composing the wire which connects the two masts). Getting rid of them in 1-2 shots is obviously impossible, but you can aim to the masts which they are linked to in order to remove them permanently

I am waiting for feed back, before applying the above changes to other ships

Last edited by gap; 10-06-13 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-08-13, 07:59 AM   #2712
Macardigan
Engineer

Downloads: 196

Thedarkwraith

Can you put the link to download v 1.0.121. genericpatcher.

i need it.

thanks.

greetings to all.
my mod:
RPM Hydrophone 2.2 (updated July/06/2013)
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=205625
Macardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-13, 08:31 AM   #2713
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macardigan View Post
Can you put the link to download v 1.0.121. genericpatcher.
I have v128 (the last version before rewriting/recoding the app) if you need it..

Old 08-08-13, 08:56 AM   #2714
Macardigan
Engineer

Downloads: 196

Quote:
I have v128 (the last version before rewriting/recoding the app) if you need it..
(translation from spanish)

v.1.0.121 ---> Used version to make "24flotilla UnterseebootMOD 3.01" sub-mod: 24parches

If I use later version to access, I have error.
my mod:
RPM Hydrophone 2.2 (updated July/06/2013)
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=205625
Macardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-13, 03:45 PM   #2715
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Unfortunately, i used to have very old versions of patcher...untill yesterday when i cleaned my hard drive...oldest i still have is .125 if needed.
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote