SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-21-13, 03:33 PM   #2506
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
idk if it's help but it's almost imposible to calculate the angel with that sextan cos u can't look enough up and u can calculate the horizontal angel only the vertical ... ( if the stars or moon are not to high if they are too high u can't calculate the angel cos u can't look up too high )
Yep. It's time to add a zoom power < 1 to the scopes
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 03:42 PM   #2507
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Yep. It's time to add a zoom power < 1 to the scopes
At low magnification levels most stars would disappear, and precision would get risible. If only we were allowed to align scope's horizontal line with the horizon, click to confirm, pan the scope vertically, align the line with the desired star, and click again for getting star elevation...
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 04:18 PM   #2508
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 0

@TDW past 100% the bearing but i can't mesure the angel cos the moon it's too high the moon angel must be +22 degree at 02. sep. 1939 in Danzing bay

Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 04:32 PM   #2509
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

good news TDW all past 100% angel and bearing

Old 07-21-13, 05:30 PM   #2510
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
good news TDW all past 100% angel and bearing
So it works ? I hope that's what you're telling me so I can quit digging around in the sh5.exe looking for the camera's view matrix.

What about the time, is it correct? Click in the middle of the digital clock to switch it into GMT time.

What does all that mean? How does one unfamiliar with all this know that the angle val in the sextant window is the correct value? I don't see it's value in your screenshot.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 07-21-13 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-21-13, 05:34 PM   #2511
chun
Helmsman

Downloads: 445

Hi, great job, I have an idea if you can do:
Manage the interior light red combat will, ie when attacking a target to put the red light while of day, as it was when they attacked the convoy. Do you could do?
TDW Thanks for your hard work and make a great simulator SH5
chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 05:37 PM   #2512
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chun View Post
Hi, great job, I have an idea if you can do:
Manage the interior light red combat will, ie when attacking a target to put the red light while of day, as it was when they attacked the convoy. Do you could do?
TDW Thanks for your hard work and make a great simulator SH5
This must be chunen from the 24th flotilla?

This is on my list of things to do. Actually I have many ideas for the lights
Old 07-21-13, 05:45 PM   #2513
chun
Helmsman

Downloads: 445

Quote:
This must be chunen from the 24th flotilla?

Thank you very much for answering and we encourage you to continue your excellent work.
chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 05:52 PM   #2514
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
At low magnification levels most stars would disappear, and precision would get risible. If only we were allowed to align scope's horizontal line with the horizon, click to confirm, pan the scope vertically, align the line with the desired star, and click again for getting star elevation...
That's basically what you're doing now when using the stadimeter as a sextant. You first place the scope centerline on the horizon, then you press the Enable sextant button, then you ensure TDC is on, then you press the stadimeter button and place the green line on the object you are wanting the angle of. Read out angle val.

I'm not saying we go to ridiculously low zoom levels. I'm going to try a 1.0X power and a 0.75X and 0.5X and see what happens.
Old 07-21-13, 05:55 PM   #2515
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

@Sjizzle: I'm going to make a special cameras.dat file for you so you can 'shoot' higher stars and the moon and verify if everything is still working correctly. I'll post a link when it's ready. Won't take long to do.
Old 07-21-13, 06:08 PM   #2516
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Here is a cameras.cam file that has the following zoom levels for the OBS scope:

0.75 (game calls it 0.8 - rounding)

http://www.mediafire.com/?n4rh25gl0cmeb9l

Unzip and place in \data\Library (backup your old one first!)

This was taken at Brest harbor using 0.5 zoom level:

You can see all the stars just fine They are much brighter in game.

Those marking lines annoy me. I know in the code where they get rendered and I'm going to add a new command to the game that will allow them to be switched on/off.

I'm thinking about adding a digital readout for the current scope heading. What do you think? I think you need this accuracy for shooting the stars. I'll have the digital readout show in the sextant window.

EDIT:

just checked the angle val at all the different zoom levels on a single star. The angle val reported the exact same reading at each zoom level. This is good!!!!

What other information should I display in the sextant window? Angle val, digital readout of heading, and ?

In case you weren't aware pressing either shift or ctrl (don't remember which one it is) while moving the sextant will give you more precision

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 07-21-13 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-21-13, 09:12 PM   #2517
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

That's a nice feature, but i agree with Gap about not using it with scopes
My idea would be of some more work though
It would be more cool to have an additional view for a kind of binocular (like a sextant lens) working only outside (on deck) with your new stadi feature...
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 10:41 PM   #2518
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Quote:
Here is a cameras.cam file that has the following zoom levels for the OBS scope:

0.75 (game calls it 0.8 - rounding)

http://www.mediafire.com/?n4rh25gl0cmeb9l

Unzip and place in \data\Library (backup your old one first!)

This was taken at Brest harbor using 0.5 zoom level:

You can see all the stars just fine They are much brighter in game.

Those marking lines annoy me. I know in the code where they get rendered and I'm going to add a new command to the game that will allow them to be switched on/off.

I'm thinking about adding a digital readout for the current scope heading. What do you think? I think you need this accuracy for shooting the stars. I'll have the digital readout show in the sextant window.

EDIT:

just checked the angle val at all the different zoom levels on a single star. The angle val reported the exact same reading at each zoom level. This is good!!!!

What other information should I display in the sextant window? Angle val, digital readout of heading, and ?

In case you weren't aware pressing either shift or ctrl (don't remember which one it is) while moving the sextant will give you more precision
in 3h i will make some test now i am at work here i can't cos this crap computers from work can't handel SH5
Old 07-21-13, 10:53 PM   #2519
Sgtmonkeynads
Ships Secretary

Downloads: 614

Hi guys , once again thanks for your work.

I've been trying to tweak my system lately and finally noticed that sh5 does not support crossfire? I had it going before though I had to rename the exe file to something like fear.exe

Once I remembered do do this , I thought crap, the patcher won't work because it looks for sh5 exe not anything else.

Is there anyway around this. It does enable the crossfire to Wouk? But then I loose all the functionality of the patcher.

Just asking for advise, is there a way to switch the name of the file the patcher looks for?
Old 07-21-13, 11:00 PM   #2520
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtmonkeynads View Post
Hi guys , once again thanks for your work.

I've been trying to tweak my system lately and finally noticed that sh5 does not support crossfire? I had it going before though I had to rename the exe file to something like fear.exe

Once I remembered do do this , I thought crap, the patcher won't work because it looks for sh5 exe not anything else.

Is there anyway around this. It does enable the crossfire to Wouk? But then I loose all the functionality of the patcher.

Just asking for advise, is there a way to switch the name of the file the patcher looks for?
I have a real simple solution for you:

Open up the \Patches\SH5\TDW_SH5_Patches.s5p file.

Find this at the beginning of the file:

; the file being patched
[FILE]
File=sh5.exe

change the File= to whatever you have called it.