SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-04-10, 02:56 PM   #1411
Tweety
Planesman

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 0
Hello makman94,

I am going to try the second method of install that you mention. that should do the trick.

Quote:
MaGui
FM30_UpDown
DFa_UpDnRot_Flags_final
SH4StyleFlags
DD_OH_V3.09_20091209162038
DD_OH_V3.09_Fix_for_Anvart_FM30_UpDown
DD_OH_V3.09_ConningDeckCam_Fix_20091216221109
DD_OH v3.9 'fix' for MaGui

or

FM30_UpDown
DFa_UpDnRot_Flags_final
SH4StyleFlags
DD_OH_V3.09_20091209162038
DD_OH_V3.09_Fix_for_Anvart_FM30_UpDown
DD_OH_V3.09_ConningDeckCam_Fix_20091216221109
MaGui
DD_OH v3.9 'fix' for MaGui
by makman94

Thank you makman94 for your help

Tweety
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 10:40 AM   #1412
=FI=Ghost
Gunner

Downloads: 93

Hello!

I have come across a problem. I've been trying to make the two mods work together (ACMOLCcombi and this mod) since the patch provided by the author of this great mod didn't work for me.

I have been successful with making things look right (in periscope views) but now I have lost the ability to move periscopes, both attack and observation one. They go up and down normally, but when I enter periscope view I cannot move the view, neither with mouse nor keyboard. Could someone tell me where in commands_eng and/or cameras.dat files are the commands that control the periscope movement? (I don't know what I have done wrong)

=FI=Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 12:34 PM   #1413
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1

Moin =FI=Ghost,

can you post a screenie of JSGME please?

The cameras.dat is not the file to examine when it comes to periscope controls. You´d better check the commands.cfg and menu1024.ini files. Unfortunately I can´t tell you much about where to search as my knowledge of these files is very limited. But I can assure you that I did not apply any changes to the menu1024.ini.

This however is something you might want to try:
  • enable OH on top of ACMOLC
  • copy the commands.cfg and cameras.dat of ACMOLC to the approriate folders
  • open commands.cfg with any text editor and ad/alter the entries as described on page #4 of this DD_OH_V3.09_InstallationManual.

Regards,
DD
DivingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 01:51 PM   #1414
=FI=Ghost
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivingDuck View Post
Moin =FI=Ghost,

can you post a screenie of JSGME please?

The cameras.dat is not the file to examine when it comes to periscope controls. You´d better check the commands.cfg and menu1024.ini files. Unfortunately I can´t tell you much about where to search as my knowledge of these files is very limited. But I can assure you that I did not apply any changes to the menu1024.ini.

This however is something you might want to try:
  • enable OH on top of ACMOLC
  • copy the commands.cfg and cameras.dat of ACMOLC to the approriate folders
  • open commands.cfg with any text editor and ad/alter the entries as described on page #4 of this DD_OH_V3.09_InstallationManual.
Regards,
DD
Thank you for your quick reply DD!

I did what you told me to - installed ACMOLCcombi, copied it's commands.cfg and camera.dat into your OH mod folder, edited commands.cfg as stated in the manual and then installed your OH and now it works fine.

Here's a screenshot of my JSGME:

Old 01-05-10, 04:54 PM   #1415
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1

Glad it worked. But I forgot to tell you that there is a downside you have to cope with. Some of the features related to cameras.dat will not work any more. But I guess that´s not a problem that really bothers you.

Regards,
DD
DivingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 03:46 PM   #1416
=FI=Ghost
Gunner

Quote:
Glad it worked. But I forgot to tell you that there is a downside you have to cope with. Some of the features related to cameras.dat will not work any more. But I guess that´s not a problem that really bothers you.

Regards,
DD
You were right, when I used cameras.dat from the ACM/OLC mod, the free camera in the submarine didn't work anymore. So I edited the camera.dat file from your mod and used it instead of the above, and now everything seems to work well. No more problems with the periscopes, and I have the free roaming camera again.

Thanx for this excellent mod!

Old 01-06-10, 09:51 PM   #1417
sabretwo
Frogman

Downloads: 69

Quote:
Hey Rhodes,

I don´t use SH3 Commander. So I can´t tell what the problem is. Is there a way to save your patrol and use another type for testing, with SH3 Commander? TypeVII/C is the type I´m doing all tests with. So, I´m really perplexed to see you reporting this one is THE one to have problems.

Regards,
DD
I also have been having trouble with the hatch opening or closing when running SH3 Commander. I tested it both ways (with and without Commander) and its definitely Sh3 Commander modifying the Commands_en.cfg.

I posted a question to JScones in hope that this can be easily fixed. Hopefully, he'll be able to shed more light on what Commander is doing.
sabretwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 04:01 AM   #1418
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Isn't your problem answered a few times back on page 56 (keep reading after the post you've quoted)?
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 04:51 AM   #1419
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabretwo View Post
I also have been having trouble with the hatch opening or closing when running SH3 Commander. I tested it both ways (with and without Commander) and its definitely Sh3 Commander modifying the Commands_en.cfg.

I posted a question to JScones in hope that this can be easily fixed. Hopefully, he'll be able to shed more light on what Commander is doing.
Hello !

I play in a multi-installation GWX3.0, WAC 4.1 and LSH v5, all in connection with the SH3 Commander and DD's OH-MOD 3.09. And everything works perfectly, I have no problems!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 01-07-10, 08:44 AM   #1420
Kimmers
Bosun

Downloads: 32

ah, so its commander? what a shame
Old 01-07-10, 09:54 AM   #1421
sabretwo
Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones View Post
Isn't your problem answered a few times back on page 56 (keep reading after the post you've quoted)?
Perhaps, but I don't think so. If your referring to the Malfunctions option, I have malfinctions deactivated and I still have the problem.

The only items that I have selected from options at the moment are randomize crush depth, randomize days in base, and randomize gramaphone tracks.
Old 01-07-10, 06:00 PM   #1422
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176

@ DD;

Check your personal messages. I think we now have a patch for ACM as well.

Cheers

/GOZO

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....
GOZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 07:48 PM   #1423
Tarnsman
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 48

So should extended freecam 1.2 be installed before or after OH 3.09 or is it not needed?
Tarnsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 01:02 AM   #1424
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabretwo View Post
Perhaps, but I don't think so. If your referring to the Malfunctions option, I have malfinctions deactivated and I still have the problem.

The only items that I have selected from options at the moment are randomize crush depth, randomize days in base, and randomize gramaphone tracks.
Well, you stated above that "its definitely Sh3 Commander modifying the Commands_en.cfg", so perhaps as a start you could post the differences that you noticed that SH3Cmdr made to "Commands_en.cfg" that led you to that definite conclusion? Because such changes must have been manually introduced to SH3Cmdr (ie through you installing a mod into SH3Cmdr that modifies "Static settings.cfg" or "Randomised events.cfg"). So posting the changes you observed may help someone point you in the right direction.

Beyond that, as others appear to be happily running this mod with SH3Cmdr (recognising the non-SH3Cmdr based problem mentioned on page 56), you may want to review the integrity of your SH3 installation - have you got automatic rollback selected in SH3Cmdr, etc etc...
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 03:18 AM   #1425
sabretwo
Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones View Post
Well, you stated above that "its definitely Sh3 Commander modifying the Commands_en.cfg", so perhaps as a start you could post the differences that you noticed that SH3Cmdr made to "Commands_en.cfg" that led you to that definite conclusion? Because such changes must have been manually introduced to SH3Cmdr (ie through you installing a mod into SH3Cmdr that modifies "Static settings.cfg" or "Randomised events.cfg"). So posting the changes you observed may help someone point you in the right direction.

Beyond that, as others appear to be happily running this mod with SH3Cmdr (recognising the non-SH3Cmdr based problem mentioned on page 56), you may want to review the integrity of your SH3 installation - have you got automatic rollback selected in SH3Cmdr, etc etc...
I am somewhat mystified by this problem. I have tried it both ways (with and without Commander) several times now and get the same consistent results.

Normally I do rollbacks automatically.

The version I am using of SH3 Commander is unaltered with the exception of adding the GWX and OLC Commander files. I wonder if this might be the problem?

I am going to try some experiements and start unchecking items to see if it isolates the problem. I'll also look at the Commands_en.cfg when the game is running with SH3 Commander and see if DD's commands are there as described in his PDF readme.

Thanks for the input.