SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-11-11, 03:29 PM   #6001
pascal4541
Officer

Downloads: 434
Uploads: 0

Meilleurs voeux également pfeillant
Now that's good, I took my current campaign normally, without changing anything and I have more cuts

Rampage Formula X48+E8600@4600Mhz H24+Corsair H50+4X2Go GSkill Trident PC9600+Sapphire HD6870@ 960/4600Mhz+WD Raptor 74Go+WD CaviarBlack 500Gox2+Samsung F1 500Go+CoolerMaster M850W+7-64Bits
pascal4541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 03:37 PM   #6002
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgbaker@sympatico.ca View Post
I am faced with crashes when activating 6.3.0 and then patch 6.3.4....
which I feel relates to sequence and choosing options (True, false etc)

Help
Charles
Hi Charles and welcome aboard

Copy a fresh options.py from your original "patch4" download and paste into :-
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Scripts\Menu
Old 01-11-11, 04:38 PM   #6003
cgbaker@sympatico.ca
Nub

Downloads: 326
Default crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Hi Charles and welcome aboard

Copy a fresh options.py from your original "patch4" download and paste into :-
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Scripts\Menu
Thanks
I will do so

Charles
cgbaker@sympatico.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 05:00 PM   #6004
ustahl
Watch Officer

Downloads: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
Hi and thanks again for the life saving mods! There is one thing that bothers me still and it's the radio reports. I really like all other aspects of the radio, but the constant periscope sighted messages are too much. In a long patrol there must be hundreds or thousands of them! So I found this option on the UserOptions.py:

# when stalking or approaching a ship this is the range at which the possibility exists that the ship could spot the sub and send a radio report about it
# below is in meters
RangeShipSendingSubSightedMessage = 8000

If i put there "0" will it disable the "sub sighted" messages? Or is there another option for it? Thanks!
Terve! Kokeile ja kerro toimiiko.
= Try it and report back wether it works or not.
Old 01-11-11, 05:07 PM   #6005
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldric View Post
Hi!

I think in the patch the optionfile was included... maybe you overwrote yours?

ohh dont worry, iam the best friend of the options migrator

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 08:19 PM   #6006
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default Cannot fire stern tube

I am using version 6_0_0 as first in mod and a clutch of other mods. On two patrols I have been unable to use my stern torpedo.

It is there, visible, but I cannot select it in the periscope or uzo view and fire it. I can open the tube door.

Any thoughts, anyone. I realize it may have nothing to do with this mod, but someone else may have had this issue.
Old 01-11-11, 11:48 PM   #6007
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 7

Hi TheDarkWraith
Here is rus translation for your mod v6.3.4
Old 01-12-11, 06:20 AM   #6008
Gauthier
Watch

Downloads: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
Salut Gauthier

I think you should try to activate these Mods in the following order:

NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_Real_Navigation
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_6x_6x_7x_RAOBF_patch_stock_scope
MRP_4_3_ratio
MRP 16x9 ratio

Please note yoy must activate the MRP_4_3_ratio before you activate the. Otherwise it won't work.

I'm using these Mods in this order myself.

BTW, a very nice Mod worth trying.
Tks a lot.

If TDW could answer to this question, I'd be very happy! ;-)
Gauthier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 07:44 AM   #6009
Nufsed
Sparky

Downloads: 500

Hi TDW, I am using your Magnum Opus v0.0.1, but I like to keep updating the NewUIs with TDC for SH5. Is it okay to just install after MO v0.0.1?

Nufsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 09:44 AM   #6010
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nufsed View Post
Hi TDW, I am using your Magnum Opus v0.0.1, but I like to keep updating the NewUIs with TDC for SH5. Is it okay to just install after MO v0.0.1?
all changes made to my UIs mod are already incorporated in Magnum Opus. If I update one I update the other
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 09:50 AM   #6011
Gauthier
Watch

Downloads: 100

Hi TDW,
please help!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauthier View Post
I'd like a little help.
I want to use these mods, is the order correct and do I need the 3rd, knowing my resolution is 1920*1080 16/9?

NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith
MRP 16x9 ratio
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_6x_6x_7x_RAOBF_patch_stock_scope
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_Real_Navigation

Tks
Gauthier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 10:35 AM   #6012
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Quote:
If i put there "0" will it disable the "sub sighted" messages? Or is there another option for it? Thanks!
Quote:
Terve! Kokeile ja kerro toimiiko.
= Try it and report back wether it works or not.
Moikka ja tervehdys!

Yes, I need to test it soon. I'm in the middle of a exciting mission so can't do it now. Last night I was tring to abush a huge convoy in a thick fog, couldn't see anything, just fired all the torpedos where the sound was and I was sure it was a disasterous attack, but then two great booms! Sunk a big troop transportship! Couldn't see anything but the explosion were the proof! Woo And then surfaced and ran away to the fog fast as I could! That encounter really made me like the game again!

I switched back to my own mod collection (well I added a few, the list on the first page of the Megamod-thread is great! I used the same order too and no problems!) But now the bad thing is that I need to rip my mod collection open again if I need to change something...
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 03:44 PM   #6013
stratisg
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 53

Ηι, As a new player i need a little help from you....
I just have ''stolen'' the game from my son and downolading the latest 6_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith mod.
Please let me how i install the patch 4???

Sorry, dumb question.....

Last edited by stratisg; 01-12-11 at 05:12 PM.
stratisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 04:29 PM   #6014
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond6751 View Post
I am using version 6_0_0 as first in mod and a clutch of other mods. On two patrols I have been unable to use my stern torpedo.

It is there, visible, but I cannot select it in the periscope or uzo view and fire it. I can open the tube door.

Any thoughts, anyone. I realize it may have nothing to do with this mod, but someone else may have had this issue.
My apologies. I unloaded all mods, installed ONLY Magnus, restarted campaign and was able to fire stern torpedo.
Old 01-12-11, 07:12 PM   #6015
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200

A quick question - do we still need to use the patch above if we are using the mega mod

Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
NewUIs with TDC for SH5 by TheDarkWraith
version 6.3.4

YOU HAVE TO BE PATCHED TO v1.2 OF THE GAME!!!

COPYRIGHT NOTICE:
The code changes made to the .py files are the intellectual property of TheDarkWraith and may not be used, modified, or duplicated in whole, or in part, without the express written permission of TheDarkWraith. The code changes made to these files may not be used in any commercial application of any form without the express written permission of TheDarkWraith.

To install this mod correctly do the following:
Navigate to where you unzipped the mod to and open it up. Select the 'MODS' folder and right click on it. Select copy. Navigate to your '\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\' folder and open it up. Right click in an empty area and select paste. Enable 'NewUIs_TDC_6_3_4_ByTheDarkWraith' via JSGME FIRST then enable any additional add-on mods you want (this assumes you setup JSGME to use the 'MODS' folder as default)

NOTE: is this mod perfect? NO WAY. It will continue to evolve as I learn more about the files and the game itself. Does the mod contain any bugs or errors? I hope not but to say it doesn't would be foolish. I will address errors/bugs as users find them and post them in my UIs thread. If the automatic mast height function isn't working correctly please start the game with Admin rights (right click the SH5 icon and select RunAs-->Administrator)

This mod will bring the several new UIs to SH5. Currently the list of UIs are:
- SH3 style
- SH4 style
- SH5 Enhanced

SH3 style UI consists of:
- familiar 3 dials (throttle/speed, heading/rudder, depth25/depth260).
- Officer shortcut bar with commands for officers.
- TDC. Each scope's TDC mode can be set to: no TDC, minimal dials, all dials
- Fuel, CO2, O2, and battery levels bargraph. Used to monitor levels of each. Current level displayed on bar graph.

SH4 style UI consists of:
- familiar 3 dials (throttle/speed, heading/rudder, depth25/depth260).
- Fuel, CO2, O2, and battery levels bargraph. Used to monitor levels of each. Current level displayed on bar graph.

SH5 Enhanced UI consists of:
- Heading bar integrated into the speed bar. Clicking the heading bar readout will reveal a heading/rudder dial. The dial is switchable from heading mode to rudder mode by clicking on the button under the dial. Clicking on the heading bar readout again will hide the dial (it retains the mode it was in when revealed again). Mousing into the heading bar readout and pressing the appropriate keys will set the ordered heading. You can press and hold the appropriate keys to keep changing the ordered heading. The appropriate keys (and all options) can be changed by editing \MODS\NewUIs_TDC_6_3_4_TheDarkWraith\data\Scripts\ Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py). Mousing out of the heading bar readout with a new ordered heading will cause this ordered heading to take effect. The dial can also be used to set the ordered heading / rudder angle. A tooltip has been integrated to be shown when you mouse into the heading bar readout. It will either display the current heading or if you have requested a new ordered heading the current ordered heading. Once within 5 degrees of the ordered heading the tooltip will start to display the current heading. The heading/rudder dial can also be cycled on/off using a hotkey. The state of the dial (rudder or heading) can be switched via hotkey also.
- Officer shortcut bar with commands for officers.
- optional integrated levels that gives the user Fuel, CO2, O2, and battery levels bargraph. Used to monitor levels of each. Current level displayed on bar graph.

Common to all UIs:
- Option to enable heading display in Binocular view
- Added skwasjer's digital clock to top right

For those UIs that utilize the familiar 3 dials:
- The dials have two states.
- The first dial has the states of: engine order telegraph and speed.
- The second dial has states of heading and rudder angle (though angle displayed on dial doesn't match rudder deflection currently. Still sorting that out).
- The third dial has states of shallow depth and deep depth.
- To change states simply click on the button below the dial.
- The dials will expand when the mouse is inside them and they will contract when mouse is outside them (like zoom in/out). Individual zoom levels can be set for throttle, speed, heading, rudder, depth260, and depth25.
- User can lock out each individual dial (and each state of the dial) from zooming.
- The animation rate of the dials expanding/contracting can also be changed.
- The dials can be customized by using a different .dds file. See the readme.txt file in \Dials.

For those UIs that utilize the TDC:
- There are four versions of the TDC included - All dials, minimal dials, spread angle only, and no TDC
- All dials will take control of the functionality of the SH5 interface for a torpoedo solution (and associated controls in the SH5 stock UI are removed).
- Minimal dials just exposes the dials not exposed by the stock SH5 UI and also uses the stock UI.
- spread angle only just adds the spread angle dial to the TDC
- No TDC removes the TDC from the mod.
- The TDC interfaces have been included on the obs periscope, attack periscope, and UZO. User has option to disable TDC on each station mentioned.

There are four versions of the TDC included - All dials, minimal dials, spread angle only, and no TDC. All dials will take control of the functionality of the SH5 interface for a torpoedo solution (and associated controls in the SH5 stock UI are removed). Minimal dials just exposes the dials not exposed by the stock SH5 UI and also uses the stock UI. Spread angle only just adds the spread angle dial to the TDC. No TDC removes the TDC from the mod. The TDC interfaces have been included on the obs periscope, attack periscope, and UZO.
xxx = Attack, Obs, or UZO
To install All dials (for each scope):
In the options file set: xxxTDCMode = TDCAllDials
To install minimal dials (for each scope):
In the options file set: xxxTDCMode = TDCMinimalDials
To install spread angle only dial (for each scope):
In the options file set: xxxTDCMode = TDCSpreadAngle
To install No TDC (for each scope):
In the options file set: xxxTDCMode = NOTDCDials

All user configurable settings can be found in the file '\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_6_3_4_TheDarkWraith\data\Scripts \Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py'. NOTE: When editing this file ensure you save the file as Unicode encoding in order for non-ANSI characters to be displayed in game!

********** NOTE: ***********
In order to receive debug messages from the ship's journal feature of the mod you need to ensure the following is set like the below in your \Documents\SH5\data\cfg\main.cfg:
[DEVELOPING]
Modding=Yes
MenuEditor=No
DebugScripts=Yes

This mod also saves and restores position information of certain draggable items. Those draggable items that do not have dragging enabled via the options file will not be updated at game start - they will default to their default position information. The draggable items are:
- Officers
- SH5 Enhanced mode heading/rudder dial
- Clock
- XO TDC Dialog box
- Otto's integrated Chalkboard mod
- Messagebox
- Gramophone
- Radio
- Enhanced Recognition Manual add-on mod
The position information is stored in a file for each page. The files are located in your SH5 install path (...\Silent Hunter 5). The files are named as follows: pagex_Draggables.TDW. The information in the files is stored in binary form and can be viewed using a hex editor if one wishes. To erase all stored position information simply delete the pagex_Draggables.TDW files. Upon restart of the game new files will be created and the items will be at their stock default location.
NOTE: if you are having trouble with items not repositioning or the likes it is probably because Windows is enforcing a privilege level on the game. Simply start the game with Admin rights (right click the SH5 icon and select RunAs-->Administrator)

Automation has been added to this mod. Automation is exactly as it sounds - the automatic carrying out of orders defined by the user via scripts. All available commands are defined in \data\Automation\TDW_Automation.txt (this file can be opened with Notepad).

A BIG thanks to maerean_m for information and assistance he gave in helping me make the TDC come to life for the obs periscope, attack periscope, and UZO. Thanks again!!
The default text is English. There is a new folder called '\Text'. In it you will find folders of all the different languages I have for the mod. Navigate to you language and then copy the menu.txt file and paste in '\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_6_3_4_TheDarkWraith\data\Menu'. Then copy the 'MODS' folder to your '\Ubisoft\SilentHunter5\' folder (this assumes that you setup JSGME to use the MODS folder as default). Enable via JSGME.

The Attack Disc has been added to the mod. You can find documentation for it in \Documentation\Attack_Disc_Handbook.pdf

Current languages supported by this are:
English
German
French
Polish
Spanish
Russian
Italian

I urge you to play the game with the enhanced SH5 UI. I prefer this UI to even the SH3 UI (familiar 3 dials). I still haven't gotten around to fixing the problems with the SH4 UI command bar yet.
NOTE: The default RAOBF graticules for the scopes are calibrated for the attack, obs, and UZO. Calibrations are:
attack - 1x and 4x
obs - 1x and 4x
UZO - 7x
If you are using a mod that changes the zoom levels of these scopes (i.e. Arclight's periscope mod) then you'll need a patch to change the graticules to the correct 'value'. I've included a patch for periscope mods that change the attack to 1.5x and 6x, obs 1.5x and 6x, and UZO 7x.

NOTE: Teleporting is not perfect! If you find yourself 'outside' of the sub press shift+U to get back inside. Hopefully you never find yourself in this situation.....

See the included documentation for more information about the mod (\data\Documentation)

Change log (see the included documentation for complete change log):

v5.0.0 - added a mission settings box to the Historial missions. With this the user can change the mission settings (hour, minute, clouds, precipitation, etc.) before activating the historic mission
v5.1.0 - added 4 hotkeys to Automation. User can now assign scripts to those 4 hotkeys. The hotkeys are defined in the user options file
- fixed bug of if user defined hotkey had a shift requirement and that hotkey was pressed without shift the key would not be passed 'down the chain'
v5.1.1 - added 'Current hour' and 'Current minute' to the mission settings box
v5.1.2 - added support for Obelix's IO Strategic map mod
v5.1.3 - fixed the 'Error determining contact speed' problem that some users were experiencing
v5.2.0 - gave the in-game Ship's Journal a make-over. You now select entries to edit/add/remove by clicking on them. Fixed a few small bugs also.
- Mission settings box now checks to see if you've made any changes and whether or not you have applied them. If you haven't then a dialog box will appear reminding you when you mouse into 'Start'
- Mission settings box now checks to see if you changed the time. If you did then it will show a dialog box telling you what to do to have the change appear in game when you mouse into 'Start'
- Mission settngs box: anytime you restore a mission you'll need to press 'Back' and then 'Historic Missions' and select the mission again and then press 'Start' for the changes to appear in game
- fixed bug in ShipsJournalEditor app that when opened from the game by clicking the active ship's journal and user edited the journal in the app and then tried to save the changes in the app it would give an error
v5.3.0 - fixed graphical problems with XO TDC dialog box
- added new commands to the Tutorial feature
- fixed problem of torpedo icons in scopes being hidden by camera bar when camera bar is visible and isn't set to scroll
- fixed some problems with the Tutorial feature (internal coding wise)
- added a new tutorial to the mod. This tutorial covers using the speed finder feature (How to use speed finder). This tutorial includes a new single (Historic) mission named TDW_Torp_Tutorial
- added the ability to branch (jump) in tutorials based on gameplay setting values
- added the ability to define variables and pointers in the tutorial feature
- architectural change to the commands in the tutorial feature to accomodate use of variables and pointers
- all commands in the tutorial feature can now take variables/pointers (pointer arithmetic allowed but only + and -)/values for arguments
- fixed bug of python script error being thrown in attack or UZO periscope if ship type wasn't found in mastheights
- automation hotkeys now highlight black when moused over
- when Tutorials is clicked in the main menu a list of tutorials found is shown. An item in that list will not be able to be clicked and chosen (and it's background will not change to black) if the UI style is incorrect, the historic mission was not found, or the associated Automation file was not found
- fixed bug of message sometimes being shown in message box saying 'x (where x is a scope station) - key 'y' not found in mastheights'
- if a tutorial was selected in the main game menu then when the user accesses the Historic Missions page the required historic mission will be brought into view and highlighted with a white border (as long as the historic mission required for the tutorial isn't 'Any')
- fixed bug of Otto's integrated chalkboard mod not staying closed (hidden) when the 'X' is clicked
- added a new feature that will automatically set the TC level to a pre-determined level (TCxOnContactDistanceTCLevel) when a contact is within a pre-determined radius (TCxOnContactDistanceRadius) of the sub. This feature is activated when the current TC level is greater than or equal to a pre-determined level (TCxOnContactDistanceEnabledTCLevel)
- fixed bug of scopes 'dropping out of scroll' and other pages closing for no reason (crew page was one of these pages)
- added missing camera zoom levels to the add-on mod NewUIs_TDC_5_3_0_emtguf_rework_scopes
v5.4.0 - added an add-on mod named 'NewUIs_TDC_5_4_0_Real_Navigation'. When enabled this will enabled the real navigation feature of the mod
- added a new user option that defines the max error (in meters) for the Navigator's calculation of current sub's position (fix). Used only in real navigation. Default value is 8000. This value will be used as the max value in a random function (min value of random function is 0). Used only in real navigation. (NavCalcFixError)
- added a new user option that when enabled shows the Navigator's calculated position on the maps. Default value is False (disabled). Used only in real navigation. (NavShowPositionOnMapsAfterCalc)
- added a new user option that determines how long the navigator's calculated position is shown on the maps. Default value is 20 seconds. Used only in real navigation. (NavShowPositionOnMapsAfterCalcTime)
- fixed bug in CheckGUIDialValueInRange function of the tutorial feature
- fixed some bugs in Otto's chalkboard mod
- added some new commands to the tutorial feature
- added a new icon to the Navigator's reports order bar: Show last fix on maps. This is visible only if real navigation is enabled. When clicked it will show the last calculated fix on the maps
- added a new user option that sets the base time for the Navigator to calculate the current position (fix). Default value is 2700 seconds (45 minutes). Used only in real navigation. (NavCalcFixBaseTime)
- added a new user option that sets the minimum modifier for the Navigator's calculate position (fix) base time. This value is the minimum value in a random function. Default value is 75 (in game will be 0.75). Used only in real navigation. (NavCalcFixBaseTimeMinModifier)
- added a new user option that sets the maximum modifier for the Navigator's calculate position (fix) base time. This value is the maximum value in a random function. Default value is 125 (in game will be 1.25). Used only in real navigation. (NavCalcFixBaseTimeMaxModifier)
- fixed errors in the speed finder feature and in the Navigator's assist of calculating AOB, speed, and course from multiple range readings
- added a new user option that when enabled (True) will have the Navigator report current position (lat and long) in degrees vice meters from game origin (meters from game origin needed for Navigation scripts). Default value is Enabled (True). (NavReportFixAsDegrees)
- more error checking has been enabled for the Tutorials at game start. Now if the tutorial or it's Automation file is corrupt you will not be able to select it from the list of available tutorials from the main menu's Tutorials.
- Real navigation checks the Navigator's health status now. If he is wounded then he is unable to report current position. He will be able to report current position again when he is healthy (not wounded)
- if real navigation is enabled then the regular ships journal entry will not report current position (lat and long)
- added a new order category icon to the Navigator: Sextant. This icon controls the visibility of the Sextant
- added a Sextant tool to the game. The Sextant can be used horizontally or vertically by clicking the Sextant icon located next to the Sextant graduations (when displayed on screen)
- added a new entry to the mission settings box. You can now change your starting location by clicking on the indicated lat and long of the mission's starting position in the Player's sub settings Current location of the mission settings box. When clicked a HUGE world map will become visible. You pan the map by left mouse click and hold and drag. When the map is in the vicinity of where you want your new starting location press the 'Tab' key to take the map out of scroll mode and into click mode. Click where you want your new starting location to be. Once you click on the map it will hide. Press 'Shift' to exit the world map and not select a new starting location. A red X will appear on the world map denoting your current starting location (and the tooltip for it will state the positon in lat and long).
- fixed bug of when no hydrophone on surface is enabled the sonar's hydrophone orders were available. They are now disabled when surfaced and no hydrohpone on surface is enabled
- added a new add-on mod that removes all references to any contacts (NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_No_contact_shapes_or_colors). i.e. NO contacts will be displayed on the maps. It is up to you to plot their positions
- added a new add-on mod that removes all references to any contacts and makes the hydrophone contact line dashed (NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_No_contact_shapes_or_colors_dash ed_contact_line). i.e. NO contacts will be displayed on the maps. It is up to you to plot their positions
- added a new add-on mod that removes all references to any contacts and removes the hydrophone contact line (NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_No_contact_shapes_or_colors_no_c ontact_line). i.e. NO contacts will be displayed on the maps. It is up to you to plot their positions
v5.5.0 - added the 'Ships Of All Nations' (SOAN) ship's reference manual to the mod (a reference recognition manual)
- removed Reaper7's altered sil ship images as not needed anymore with SOAN
v5.6.0 - added filter bar to SOAN
- added more documentation on real navigation. Can be found in \data\Documentation (see also the real nav add-on mod's \data\Documentation folder)
v5.7.0 - clock is now adjusted for timezone (map location)
- clock has been moved from system time to game time for updating of it
- fixed background color problem with SOAN's filter toolbar
- added countries and entry and exit dates to SOAN for the ships
- added another filter to SOAN - you can now filter all ships or only ships that are in service (in service means their entry and exit dates are within the current game date. All ships will show all ships no matter what the entry and exit dates are)
- added Illyustrator's world map (used when selecting new location from the mission settings box)
- if real navigation is enabled fixed game bug of being able to press Ctrl and click on map to reveal location. Now doing this will center you on your last calculated position
- regular ship's journal entry moved from system time to game time for updating of it
- fixed bug created in Reaper7's ERM when I removed his included sil images (bug was ship image clipped in top of ERM) (fixed other visual bugs also)
- ship's journal entries now reflect the correct time (adjusted for timezone)
- added a new user option that specifies whether SOAN is enabled or not. Default value is Enabled (True) (SOANEnabled)
- added the ability to define navigation fixes on the navigation map. You also have the ability to reposition, delete, and edit the text contained in the navigation fixes (real navigation only)
- added a new tool to the map tools - it looks like the marker tool except it has an 'N' in the middle of it. This tool allows you to set navigation fixes on the navigation map by clicking on the map (real navigation only)
- fixed error in in-game Ship's Journal add entry function
- fixed errors in game time calculations for some items (some entries in messagebox would show incorrect times - not adjusted to current timezone)
- if SOAN is enabled, it's visibility is controlled through the show charts button on the top right side bar
- fixed bug of lattitude and longitude identifiers reversed (lattitude was saying W or E and longitude was saying N or S)
- above bug fixed in Otto's integrated chalkboard mod also
- added a new dial to the TDC - Track angle. Track angle shows the angle the torpedo will impact the target
- if an error is encountered while parsing a navigation script command then a dialog box will be shown to user telling them which command is in error and in which file (provided user has modding and debugging scripts enabled in their \documents\SH5\data\cfg\main.cfg file)
- fixed bug where some user's Navigator order category bar wouldn't show after clicking Navigator officer icon
v5.7.1 - fixed bug of navigation fixes not cleared (reset) at game end
- fixed bug of navigation fixes visible on navigation map while receiving new mission orders
- fixed possible game hang when setting new navigation fix close to actual boat's position
- fixed game crash that happens when in campaign and you do a mission then return to base and request a new mission
- added a new Automation command - Report_position. When invoked will cause the Navigator to calculate and report current position (weather and health dependent). For use in real navigation only.
v5.7.2 - fixed intermittent error (with resulting python error) of 'Can't determine current station!' dialog box being shown when teleporting to stations
- added estimated torpedo impact time to scopes. This is a rough estimate of the projected torpedo impact time to target (in mins and seconds) based on current TDC settings. This is useful for convoy attacks
- fixed squashed looking rec manual picture in Reaper7's ERM add-on mod
v5.8.0 - fixed bug of parallel course and/or intercept course buttons enabled and contact is destroyed buttons would still be visible
- fixed bug of when nav fix text edit box visible and user presses 'Escape' the box remained visible on screen
- added super marks to the Navigation map. Super marks are almost identical to navigation fixes except that user defines all text when they are placed
- when adding additional navigation fixes or super marks to the nav map user will be prompted for the text for it once the map is clicked for the location wanted
- if no ship's journal is selected at game start then when mission is over the journal (messagebox) will be cleared so next mission can have 'clean slate'
- fixed bug of python error thrown at start of multiplayer game
- fixed bug of location indicator (top right bar circle) not visible in multiplayer game
- added the ability to change the digital clock readout from local time and GMT time. To toggle click where the time is shown
- added a new user option that specifies whether the digital clock shows local time or GMT time at game start. Default is Enabled (True - local time) (DigitalClockStartsInLocalTime)
v5.9.0 - changed the updating of the digital clock from real-time to nautical time. The clock will be updated every 15 degrees change in longitude
- changed the readout in the digital clock. You can now select to view either GMT (GMT time) or Naut (Nautical time)
- added dead-reckoning to real navigation
- if Navigator is unable to calculate position due to weather or being submerged then he will calculate a dead-reckoning fix (real nav only)
- when repositioning a navigation fix all the fixes after (higher number) than the fix repositioned will reposition by the same amount
- Navigator will calculate current position when submerged using dead-reckoning when asked to calculate current position
- when Navigator calculates position using dead-reckoning it can take him anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 mintues to do so
- fixed bug in GetAngle command of the tutorial feature
- changed format of all lat and long readings. They will now be shown as deg° min'
- changed how sunk ship's timestamp is recorded. It was using local time and now it's using GMT time to avoid a potential bug
- fixed game bug of when submerged and you order crash dive nothing happens (now ahead flank will be ordered and crash depth will be ordered)
- revised the Estimated Torp impact time function of the scopes to Antar's new formula for calculating it
- fixed bug of when multiple navigation fixes and/or multiple supermarks are in close proximity of each other and you mouse into one of them it was possible to 'see' the others through the black background of the one you were viewing
- added a new order to the Navigator's report's orders: report fix by dead-reckoning. Does exactly as it sounds.
- You can now select multiple entries in the Ship's Journal (for deleting entries)
- by clicking the date in the top right corner of the Ship's Journal the journal will 'open' to the current game date
- Ship's Journal now starts at the current game date at game start
- fixed bugs of SOAN and next journal entry time not working correctly if real navigation not enabled
v5.9.1 - fixed bug of TC not dropping to 1 if the user option TC1OnAnyMessageBoxText is enabled (True) and the message for the messagebox didn't come from the game
- revamped the user options for real navigation
- changed calculation of dead-reckoning fix from time based to distance based (real navigation only)
v5.9.2 - fixed bug in high precision timer dealing with looping. This bug could have been causing performance problems on some users computers due to timers being updated every frame (if set to loop) vice their update interval
- changed how the regular ship's journal entry was being called due to a user reporting a crash from it
- changed Automation command Report_position to Report_position_celestial for a celestial fix
- added a new Automation command Report_position_deadreckoning. This will have the navigator calculate a dead-reckoning fix
v5.9.3 - fixed divide by zero error in CalcTorpImpactTime function
v6.0.0 - disabled Navigator's ability to calculate position celestially when at Battlestations
- added a new Automation command - Wait_for_time
- fixed bug of if submerged and Navigator was asked for a celestial fix nothing would happen. Now he will take a dead-reckoning fix if this happens (real navigation only)
- fixed bug of if conditions for a celestial fix weren't satisfied nothing would happen. Now a dead-reckoning fix will be called for if the conditions for a celestial fix aren't satisfied (real navigation only)
- added the ability to save supermarks and navigation fixes to the ship's journal
- some changes to the ship's journal save and import functions
- updated Ship's Journal Editor app with new changes
v6.1.0 - added radio messages to the game. The radio messages are located in \data\RadioMessages\language (where language = language to use - specified in options file!). Currently there is only one language and that is English.
- added a new user option that controls the language of the radio messages. Default value is English (RadioMessageLanguage)
- radio messages are available in historical missions and career. You can not save the radio messages when doing a historical mission. The radio messages will be automatically saved and restored with your career. New radio messages are signified by the radio messages icon in the top right lower bar flashing. When the radio messages UI is opened all new radio messages (and those that haven't been 'read') will be highlighted with a grey background. Click the radio message to acknowledge it and flag it as read thus removing the grey background. Now you have the option to delete the radio message by clicking delete.
v6.1.1 - changed how the mod processes hotkey presses
- fixed errors in the radio messages feature for users whose OS isn't set to en-us region/locale
- fixed error when trying to save radio messages in career at game end
v6.2.0 - fixed some errors in the radio messages
- added BDU asking you to report in and possibility of sending a contact report back when you send in a status report
- added support for enigma messages in the radio messages
- added a new user option that defines the maximum radius a contact can be from your sub to be considered for a contact report (contact must be less than this distance). Default value is 45000m (RadioMessagesContactReportMaxRadius)
- added a new user option that defines the minimum radius a contact can be from your sub to be considered for a contact report (contact must be greater than this distance). Default value is 15000m (RadioMessagesContactReportMinRadius)
- added a new user option that defines the chance that when you send a status report to BDU they will send a contact report back. Default value is 20 (meaning 20%). (RadioMessagesContactReportChance)
- added a new user option that defines whether travel mode is enabled at game start or not. Default value is enabled (True). (TravelModeEnabled)
- added a new Automation command - Set_travel_mode. When enabled it will activate travel mode.
- Radioman's 'Send patrol report' icon is now limited to use every 2 hours (i.e. if clicked you won't be able to click it again for another 2 hours)
- removed stock radio message display and replaced it with new radio message
- every radio message that comes 'in' from the new radio message feature will now also have an entry in the messagebox saying "New message received"
v6.2.1 - fixed python error that can sometimes occur when the mod generates a report to BDU radio message
- squelched stock 'Radio Message Received' and added my own for the new radio message feature (this prevents the immediate radio message received when sending a status report)
- added my own version of the radio message received message for the messagebox
- added a new user option that lets the user define the color and opacity of the supermarks (in RGBA format). Default value is 0xFFFFFFFF which is white with 100% opacity (SuperMarksColor)
- added a new user option that lets the user define the color and opacity of the navigation fixes (in RGBA format). Default value is 0xFFFFFFFF which is white with 100% opacity (NavFixesColor)
v6.3.0 - added filters to the scopes. The filter color and opacity is user-defined by clicking the HUD button on the torpedo box in the scopes
- added crosshair highlights to the scopes. The highlight color and opacity is user-defined by clicking the HUD button on the torpedo box in the scopes
- added ability to change RAOBF graticule color. This is done by clicking the HUD button on the torpedo box in the scopes and editing the entries for RAOBF
- swapped SO and RO icon graphics in main mod
- added longam's clock graphics to mod to replace stock clock/chrono
- updated lengths of many ships used in the game
- added a new user option that when enabled (True) sets TC to 1 on new radio message received. Default value is disabled (False) (TC1OnNewRadioMessage)

TheDarkWraith

v6.3.0 available here: http://www.filefront.com/17751745/Ne...DarkWraith.7z/

The following patch EVERYONE needs even if you are just downloading the mod for the first time!
v6.3.0 patch 4: http://www.filefront.com/17773696/Ne...-0-Patch-4.7z/

Patch 4 fixes the following problems/bugs:
- fixed bug of clicking X in new scope settings box (to close it) didn't uncheck 'HUD' button in associated scope's torpedo box
- fixed bug of any user option that set TC to some value when enabled could cause multiple radio messages of the same message to appear in the radio messages box
- fixed problem with 5:8 (standard) emtguf cameras.cam file (incorrect angular angle for the scopes)
- changed encoding of options file from ANSI to Unicode. When editing this file ensure you save the file as Unicode encoding in order for non-ANSI characters to be displayed in game
- fixed bug of not showing the highlighted mission for the selected tutorial when the main page's Historical Missions is clicked
- fixed bug of when scope filter or crosshair is enabled in the file it wasn't being enabled at game start (it would finally enable when you opened the scope settings box)
- fixed bug of celestial fix icon of Navigator's report not available when real navigation not enabled
- fixed bug of crash dive only working once and then locking out until game restart
- fixed bug of not being able to move mission map when requesting new mission after returning from previous mission
- fixed bug of timers not working correctly after requesting new mission after returning from previous mission
- fixed some other errors dealing with campaign
- fixed bug of TAI map, heading bar, and messagebox not starting in expanded modes if set in user options in campaign mode
- fixed bug of messagebox not remembering it's status (expanded or collapsed) when TC level causes it to change state
- added the ability for ships to send out radio messages when they have spotted a sub/periscope
- added the ability for ships to send out radio messages when they are destroyed/sinking
- added a new user option that specifies the maximum distance at which a ship can start looking for you for purposes of firing off a radio message. Default value is 8000m (RangeShipSendingSubSightedMessage)
- updated scope mods with information/files from Trevally and toniloCoyote

Ensure to check out all the included tutorials. They have changed from previous versions.

Krauter's automation scripts updated by me (for compatibility purposes): http://www.filefront.com/17510032/Kr...ted-by-TDW.7z/

Note: if you are upgrading from a previous version of the mod or are applying a patch that changes the user options file then don't forget to use the OptionsMigrater app to migrate your old options file to your new options file (\data\Applications)
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui