SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-19-10, 02:42 PM   #466
Hotmanandre
Sparky

Downloads: 194
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhapprich View Post
some sample pics of the new Projekt 670 Skat/Charlie I and the juliett`s conning
Good work!
Old 12-23-10, 04:27 AM   #467
Electric Boat
Watch

Downloads: 53
Default Soviet surface ships

Hi guys,
would someone be interested to a soviet Kresta-II class cruiser?
I build all of them for Dangerous Waters, exploiting at my best the available geometry to model each part.
...Maybe it could join also to the SH4's mod.

Sincere congratulations to all of you that crated such fine models, perfect Id say. I am still modelling for DW everything of US and Soviet in the Cold War Era...maybe I can contribute with even my works to your mod project...other than mod DW...?
Electric Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-10, 08:18 AM   #468
Karle94
The Old Man

Downloads: 253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Boat View Post
Hi guys,
would someone be interested to a soviet Kresta-II class cruiser?
I build all of them for Dangerous Waters, exploiting at my best the available geometry to model each part.
...Maybe it could join also to the SH4's mod.

Sincere congratulations to all of you that crated such fine models, perfect Id say. I am still modelling for DW everything of US and Soviet in the Cold War Era...maybe I can contribute with even my works to your mod project...other than mod DW...?
Could you send me a list of ships you have? Maybe you have some ships I could use for my Cold War Modern Warfare Mod.

Find my mods here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/lzgciodldp58p/SH4_Mods
My SH4 blog here:
http://karle94.blogspot.com/
Karle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-10, 06:22 AM   #469
Electric Boat
Watch

Hi Karle, here it is the list:

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA:
Submarines:

Skipjack class: all units;
Tullibee class: USS Tullibee SSN-597;
Permit class: all units, divided in the two hull lenght launched and plus the unique USS Jack SSN-605 with twin tandem propellers and longer hull;
Sturgeon class: all units, divided into first short hull production and final long hull one;
USS Narwhal SSN-671;
USS Parche SSN-683 modified for special operations;
USS Glenard P. Lipscomb SSN-685;
USS Richard B. Russell SSN-687 with her peculiar fairings;
Los Angeles class: all units from SSN-688 to SSN-756 divided into the three flights produced and fitted with separate parts to animate for torpedo and VLS tubes doors;
Ohio class: all units;
Lafayette/James Madison/Benjamin Franklin/class + USS Kamehameha & Polk w/DDS: all units but meshes to correct for problems with discontinuities;

Surface vessels:
Virginia class: all units, but due to the loss of my previous external HD I've lost the originary .3ds files and some of the textures, I only retain now the output .j3d files and some of the textures. I've programmed the rebuilding of all unit in the class within the next days as soon I'll have finished all 9 Belknap class cruisers;
Belknap class: building in progress;
Floating target: do you remember the one towed by USS Ward in "Tora Tora Tora"? Just that.

Satellites:
KH-11 Keyhole

Weapons:...quite all...Even ICBMs and ABMs...At sure all SLBMs and UUMs.

USSR:
Submarines:
Bravo class
Charlie-I class
Charlie-II class
Delta-I class
Delta-II class
Delta-III class
Mike class
Oscar-I class
Oscar-II class
Papa class
Sierra-I class (included K-276 with rear-sail case)
Sierra-II class
Victor-I class
Victor-II class
Red October SSBN
Yankee-I class
Yankee-II conversion
Yankee Notch conversion
Yankee Sidecar conversion

Ships:
Kresta-II class CG
Poti class corvette (building in progress)

Weapons: modern torpedoes, all SLBMs, ICBMs, MRBMs and sublaunched missiles, included SS-N-26 Strobile, SS-N-19 Shipwreck, SS-N-24 Scorpion, SS-N-27 ASW/ASM and LAM.

Satellites:
Cosmos class RORSAT.
Old 12-28-10, 08:51 AM   #470
Karle94
The Old Man

Downloads: 253

Quote:

Submarines:

Permit class: all units, divided in the two hull lenght launched and plus the unique USS Jack SSN-605 with twin tandem propellers and longer hull;
Sturgeon class: all units, divided into first short hull production and final long hull one;
USS Narwhal SSN-671;
Los Angeles class: all units from SSN-688 to SSN-756 divided into the three flights produced and fitted with separate parts to animate for torpedo and VLS tubes doors;
Lafayette/James Madison/Benjamin Franklin/class + USS Kamehameha & Polk w/DDS: all units but meshes to correct for problems with discontinuities;

Surface vessels:
Virginia class: all units, but due to the loss of my previous external HD I've lost the originary .3ds files and some of the textures, I only retain now the output .j3d files and some of the textures. I've programmed the rebuilding of all unit in the class within the next days as soon I'll have finished all 9 Belknap class cruisers;
Floating target: do you remember the one towed by USS Ward in "Tora Tora Tora"? Just that.

Satellites:
KH-11 Keyhole

USSR:
Submarines:
Bravo class
Charlie-I class
Charlie-II class
Delta-I class
Delta-II class
Delta-III class
Mike class
Oscar-I class
Oscar-II class
Papa class
Sierra-II class
Victor-I class
Victor-II class
Red October SSBN
Yankee-I class
Yankee-II conversion
Yankee Notch conversion

Ships:
Kresta-II class CG

Weapons: modern torpedoes, all SLBMs, ICBMs, MRBMs and sublaunched missiles, included SS-N-26 Strobile, SS-N-19 Shipwreck, SS-N-24 Scorpion, SS-N-27 ASW/ASM and LAM.

Satellites:
Cosmos class RORSAT.
That`s quite a list. I am interested in the surface ships, epescially the Virginia and the Belknap.

Find my mods here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/lzgciodldp58p/SH4_Mods
My SH4 blog here:
http://karle94.blogspot.com/
Karle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-10, 10:25 AM   #471
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:

Submarines:

USS Narwhal SSN-671;

I would be particularly interested in these if you wouldn't mind.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-10, 06:23 PM   #472
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Projekt 670/Charlie I Refit

some shots of the test of the Charlie I Replacement for CWSS.I`ve added a damage model. texture isn`t done yet.this one will also be available as a standalone for stock SHIV.

Last edited by jhapprich; 12-28-10 at 06:39 PM.
Old 12-28-10, 06:44 PM   #473
Hotmanandre
Sparky

Downloads: 194
Quote:
some shots of the test of the Charlie I Replacement for CWSS.I`ve added a damage model. texture isn`t done yet.this one will also be available as a standalone for stock SHIV.
Beautiful boat
Old 12-28-10, 06:50 PM   #474
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmanandre View Post
Beautiful boat
What else could it be? It`s russian! ps hope youre satisfied with the shape of the launcher hatches now. thanks to your blueprint, man...
Old 12-29-10, 04:52 AM   #475
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Superb !

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-10, 05:04 AM   #476
Electric Boat
Watch

I agree with jhapprich: soviet/russian submarines, like as the rest everything else (ships, aircrafts, weapons...) are the best and most beautiful!

I also build my Charlie-I and -II subs but yours Jhapprich are wonderful! It's incredible how you could model almost everything!...Even the inner resistent hull and the parts of the missile tubes!!!

A question: with which 3D program you work? I with 3D studio max 3.01.
...And which limits of geometry gives SH4?

For the ones interested also to my models, even to have a look at'em and value if they could join your project, please give me the addresss where send the files I'll do it as soon as possible. For Virginia CGNs and Belknap CGs there will be a little to wait because works are in progress, however I'll keep you informed hereby.

Cheers to all.
Old 12-29-10, 05:31 AM   #477
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I use Milkshape 1.8.4. for the charlie, i had to divide the model into mainhull, details, pressure hull and launcher tubes and then import it into s3d,for milkshape cannot handle more than say 65.000 triangles properly.i am adding details and reshaping the launcher bay at this moment.cant say i am looking forward to texturing that thing...so far i havent encountered any limits of the game engine
Old 12-29-10, 06:35 AM   #478
Electric Boat
Watch

You lucky JHapprich! I had to limit myself because the models I've done are for Dangerous Waters and before for Sub Command where the geometry available is at maximum 32.000 vertexes and 32.000 polygons!!! **** of 3d engine.... SO every time I decided to build a new model I had to weight and count the geometry of each part. I encountered problems especially with soviet/russian vessels, which of course are extremely beautiful but also very complex and expensive geometrically speaking... In fact I am getting crazy by a little of time thinking how to match these limits with the building of the Kirov class cruisers where there is a lot of complex sensors distributed all around the superstructure and I have to count abnd plan everything accurately in order not to have worked for nothing at the end.... It's wonderful to listen you saying that in SH4 you still haven't encountered limits of geometry...practically you can do and add whatever you what detailed at will!!! Having the suitable material you could so even design the interior of a submarine and not only the outer shape...that is what till now I could limit to do...!
Old 01-11-11, 01:37 AM   #479
Schwieger
Commodore

Downloads: 62

Quote:

Submarines:

USS Narwhal SSN-671;

Surface vessels:

Satellites:
KH-11 Keyhole

USSR:
Submarines:
Bravo class
Charlie-I class
Charlie-II class
Delta-I class
Delta-II class
Delta-III class
Mike class
Oscar-I class
Oscar-II class
Papa class
Sierra-II class
Victor-I class
Victor-II class
Red October SSBN
Yankee-I class
Yankee-II conversion
Yankee Notch conversion

Ships:
Kresta-II class CG

Satellites:
Cosmos class RORSAT.
No November Class sub?

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.
Schwieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 10:03 AM   #480
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

I believe there is already a November and Foxtror made for Sh4.

Tags
modern, submarine