SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-22-09, 08:50 PM   #76
theluckyone17
Captain

Downloads: 103
Uploads: 0

Ubi Dev's: We/I love you. Keep doin' what you're doing.

Ubi Marketing Suits: Give the dev's enough time to do what they need to do.

I hereby promise not to whine before SH5 is released. Assuming everybody follows the above, I won't need to whine afterwards .

Personally, I'd love to see some sort of preorder... send my money in, support the dev's, and don't worry about when it's released, just worry about the condition it's in when it's released.
theluckyone17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-09, 09:09 PM   #77
Oberst Oswald
Swabbie

Downloads: 2

I'm buying the game as soon as it comes out...maybe two... for my 80 year old father (his birthday is in March)
Oberst Oswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-09, 11:07 PM   #78
gdogghenrikson
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 5

I promise to play SH5 if ubisoft promises not use starforce and make the game vista 64 bit compatible!
Old 08-23-09, 02:58 AM   #79
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

There are few games I have spent more time on then the Silent Hunter series, and few forums I spend more time on then Subsim. I will be purchasing it from here on the first day it becomes available.
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-09, 01:36 PM   #80
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29
Ohhh... Another interesting question...

Will the code be optimized for multicore processors?

Captain Haplo
CaptainHaplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-09, 05:46 PM   #81
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
There are few games I have spent more time on then the Silent Hunter series, and few forums I spend more time on then Subsim. I will be purchasing it from here on the first day it becomes available.
Excellent post.
TDK1044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-09, 07:01 PM   #82
U-96
Mate

Downloads: 388

I for one second the call for common sense. However I lack the patience to wait so long. Not only that but such games become hard to find a few months after release.

I have learned to give UbiSoft a leap of faith, SH4 was not finished upon release but at least they did work to patch it well enough to make it a worthy sim. I do pray that they've learned the lessons of SH4 and be a little more patient with their release date in order to give a complete game, At least put together well enough for loyal Subsimmers such as us to enjoy enough to make the wait for subsequent patches very bareable.

However the need for a commercial success with SH5 cannot be denied, And I for one will pre-order via subsim and worst case scenario will shelf it until it is patched properly, I'll still have the game ready until said patch arrives. However I am quite confident that the game will be enjoyable enough until then. Let us not forget what the point of games, yes even detailed simulations, are. To have fun, If I'm able to have fun Playing SH5 then the asking price for the title will be quite justified, and any subsequent patch will be gravy from that point on.

Unlike most game companies, UbiSoft at the very least tends to listen to fans and do try to correct mistakes. The responsibility is not solely on them, It's shared by all of us to have patience, to be constructive, and most of all, to enjoy the experience. SH2 was a disappointing installment, but great efforts were made to salvage the game and make it enjoyable. The result was SH3 which blew most of us away. I believe our patience and support will reward us in kind with a lovely experience with SH5. They already have a foundation to work on from SH3 with it's large success and universal praise. Ubisoft can't claim ignorance with what the masses want. I have faith that they'll use that knowledge constructively.

Silent Hunter 5 will be fun, Even if it's not perfect upon release. That's good enough to tide me over until the patches are released.
Old 08-23-09, 07:43 PM   #83
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119

oki read the post and i respect it for what it is. But why did this have to put on the subsim main page?? I thought there were some juicy screenshots or a good review! Please Neal only post the good stuff!!!!!

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-09, 08:07 PM   #84
XLjedi
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 53
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar19681 View Post
oki read the post and i respect it for what it is. But why did this have to put on the subsim main page?? I thought there were some juicy screenshots or a good review! Please Neal only post the good stuff!!!!!
Agreed, I'm toggling off my thread subscription now.
Old 08-23-09, 09:17 PM   #85
Elder-Pirate
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
I see only one bug in this game. Watch the trailer one more time. The cook...he is thin....I do not eat were the cook is thin. Get this changed to a fat jolly old fellow.
Well this one is not fat but I sure hope they don't put this guy on our U-Boats.
Watching hin chop away he may add a thumb to the food.

Old 08-23-09, 10:22 PM   #86
dbf574
Mate

Downloads: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK1044 View Post
That's a deal, Neal. I'll buy it up front through subsim. I'm just "patchaphobic" now after SH3 and SH4. I think SH5 will be fantastic once finished though.
Though not as bad, I fully agree
Old 08-24-09, 12:14 AM   #87
MaciejK
Torpedoman

Downloads: 45

i am going to get this game on the day of it's release, if possible via preorder. But if it has some serious bugs, plus some ridiculous resolution problems or other simly STUPID bugs, I will whine. If it is free from those - I will not, I will praise it. Simple as that. As I do not know what will come out of it - no reason to bitch about it. I'm very happy that UBI is continuing the series, and I'm hoping for a great game. The devs could use some ideas from the GWX IMHO...

Where can I preorder SH5?
Old 08-24-09, 12:20 AM   #88
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar19681 View Post

Hi Oscar, you don't think this topic is good subject matter for a news link?
Old 08-24-09, 07:18 AM   #89
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79

Some hopeful signs and words of encouragement form Ubi CEO Yves Gulliemot in a recent interview with GamesIndustry.biz...

"That's why we believe it's time to invest, because it's the right time to continue to expand the brands we're creating, and to make better games. Because we wanted to come here this year with another level of quality.

On some products last year we were not as happy as we wanted, so this time we've been investing more to make sure that everybody will be happy with the games that we launch."
Old 08-24-09, 07:25 AM   #90
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarman View Post
some hopeful signs and words of encouragement form ubi ceo yves gulliemot in a recent interview with gamesindustry.biz...

"that's why we believe it's time to invest, because it's the right time to continue to expand the brands we're creating, and to make better games. Because we wanted to come here this year with another level of quality.

on some products last year we were not as happy as we wanted, so this time we've been investing more to make sure that everybody will be happy with the games that we launch."

yes we can!!!!!!!
TDK1044 is offline   Reply With Quote