SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-28-08, 07:16 PM   #106
Lynx2069
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

[/quote] Thank you for the kind comments. Unfortunately the bug is still there. [/quote]

I figured as much, thanks.
Old 06-30-08, 04:10 PM   #107
NeonsStyle
Chief

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 0

Hi,

I love this mod. Great idea. I downloaded the 1944 music files, and there's no readme or info in there on how to setup the radio.ini. As a new user to SH4 I have no idea how to do this, and I'm assuming you've made one. I assume also all the files needed to be entered somewhere in there one by one. Could you post the info or readme that's supposed to be with them, or let me know how its supposed to be done?

Thanks

V
NeonsStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-08, 05:51 AM   #108
kylesplanet
Commodore

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus
Hi,

I love this mod. Great idea. I downloaded the 1944 music files, and there's no readme or info in there on how to setup the radio.ini. As a new user to SH4 I have no idea how to do this, and I'm assuming you've made one. I assume also all the files needed to be entered somewhere in there one by one. Could you post the info or readme that's supposed to be with them, or let me know how its supposed to be done?

Thanks

V
Music doesn't have to be scripted into the ini file, it just goes into the folder.

For example, if your using the stock Washington station, it would be:
Data/Sound/Radio/Washington You will then see Events, noise.ogg. Just copy your files there. (Not in the events folder, just right there next to it.)
Old 07-01-08, 07:11 AM   #109
NeonsStyle
Chief

Downloads: 187

[quote=kylesplanet]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus
Hi,
Music doesn't have to be scripted into the ini file, it just goes into the folder.

For example, if your using the stock Washington station, it would be:
Data/Sound/Radio/Washington You will then see Events, noise.ogg. Just copy your files there. (Not in the events folder, just right there next to it.)
Ahh I see... is that the same for the Gramophone? Just drop them all into the gramophone folder? I guess I'll find out, I put them there... if it doesn't work, I'll dump them into the washington folder in radio

Thanks heaps

Venus
NeonsStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-08, 10:17 AM   #110
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Yes, just put them in Gramophone folder if that's where you want to play them from. Note that the Gramophone doesn't randomize the music like the radio does. See the first post in this thread for a program that will randomize the Gramophone before playing SH4.

Also, a reminder that if you're using one of my stations subdivided by year the music has to go in the year folder, not the station folder.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-08, 11:49 PM   #111
virtualpender
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 281
Thread hijack

Fred, what happens if you put a radio station on the International Date Line (set the longitude at 180 degrees)? Would it get around the issue with broadcast range or would it not be heard anywhere?

I would try this myself but I'm away from my gaming computer...

Just curious, thanks again.
virtualpender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-08, 09:03 AM   #112
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualpender
Fred, what happens if you put a radio station on the International Date Line (set the longitude at 180 degrees)? Would it get around the issue with broadcast range or would it not be heard anywhere?

I would try this myself but I'm away from my gaming computer...

Just curious, thanks again.
Good question! I've never tried it myself, but my guess is it would still only be heard on one side or the other depending on whether you used a minus sign with the longitude. If you do, it would only be heard on the east side of the line. If you don't, only on the west side.
Old 07-20-08, 04:31 PM   #113
Tegerian
Nub

Downloads: 0

Stupid Question, but how do I get the radio/gramophone to come up in SH4?
Old 07-20-08, 05:11 PM   #114
Effigy
Gunner

Just wanted to express my gratitude to you for taking the time to assemble all this and make it available to everyone. I've only downloaded the music collection from 40-45 so far, but looking forward to getting the rest.

Not only is this a nice touch of atmosphere while sailing in the game, but it's also an excellent collection of period music in general. My music library I salute you. Danke.
Effigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-08, 05:14 PM   #115
Effigy
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegerian
Stupid Question, but how do I get the radio/gramophone to come up in SH4?
Gram and radio are both located under the menu button for freecamera (Second to last on right? Or last, depending if you use 1.5 and have that hero's menu button).

Why put em there... I have no idea. lol. But that's where they currently are.
Effigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-08, 05:26 PM   #116
Tegerian
Nub

Thanks, haven't played SH4 for a a few and couldn't remember it for the life of me and that was the one button I didn't check.
Old 07-24-08, 01:33 PM   #117
stufer
Watch

Downloads: 88

Hello Fred

I too would like to express my gratitude to you for this amazing collection of music and programmes. It really adds a lot to the game.

I do have a question though, regarding the music files.

Now, I have the NBC radio mod installed and it is split up into different folders for the years 41 - 45.

If I put the music files into those folders - 41 music in the 41 folder, 42 music in the 42 folder etc..., does that preclude the 42 music from being played in 41? And, conversely, the 41 music from being played in 42?

If so, (and assuming I want a cumulative amount of music throughout the campaign) would I have to install say the 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940, 1941 music into the 41 folder. Then all of those plus 42 music in the 42 file. Then all of those plus the 43 music in the 43 file etc...?

Does that even make sense?

I am a little confused about it!

Many thanks
Stu.
stufer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-08, 05:12 PM   #118
fred8615
Saint of the seas

The answer to all your questions is yes.

I did consider that dividing the station up by year would make setup a little hard, and mean using extra HD space if anyone wanted to do as you asked. But it was the only way to prevent a song from being heard before it was actually available. And that was, and still is, very important to me. These stations were originally created for my personal use, and so were designed the way I wanted them to be. And unfortunately, that can create other problems. However, you still have to put the music in each individual station folder anyway in order to hear it on that station. So while my setup makes the problem a bit worse, but it would still be there.

Personally, I don't use the music in the way you asked about. The 1940 files I put in the gramophone, the other years in only their respective year folders, and the "oldies" in the Washington station, for now (more about that at a later date).

So, I am sorry if my system is a bit of a pain to setup and eats HD space, but as Jimmy Durante once said, "Dose are da conditions dat prevail!"
Old 07-25-08, 12:59 AM   #119
sckallst
Bosun

Downloads: 115

My first post on this forum just had to be in this thread. I've got your NBC station and the yearly music loaded up and, as someone who values immersion about as much as anything in games of this kind, I have to say that you've singlehandedly at least doubled the value of my recent SH4 purchase. Very many thanks.
sckallst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-08, 01:30 AM   #120
Rip
Commodore

Downloads: 39

Will it let you use shortcuts, I wonder? Then at least you could get by with only one copy of the music itself and all later instances where you need it you could create a shortcut to it.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music, radio, radio stations