Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-03-18, 07:53 PM   #331
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by komi View Post
Long story :P Living in an EU country at the moment.
You should have been a little more upfront with that. Whole different world over there when it comes to firearms.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-18, 08:32 PM   #332
komi
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
You should have been a little more upfront with that. Whole different world over there when it comes to firearms.
Didn't realise people would automatically assume I was American
komi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-18, 01:19 AM   #333
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by komi View Post
Never heard of them, I'll have a look. Thanks.
They're Mausers rebarreled for .308. They were a sort of stop gap until Spain's Cetme versions of the German G3s got into full production. You'll probably want a nice cushion on the end of the buttstock though.
Old 01-04-18, 09:53 AM   #334
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

I heard from a friend that the most feared a weapon in Iraq was a recoilless 12 gauge shotgun ... so I looked it up.

Yep, it looks awesome and they even say that it never needs cleaning.

The Auto Assault-12 (AA-12) is an automatic 12-gauge shotgun that can fire 300 rounds per minute and is recoilless. Basically, it's incredibly powerful

We take a look inside the AA-12 machinegun (full auto shotgun)

or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-18, 10:12 AM   #335
Murph89
Watch

Downloads: 15

I figured many here will get a kick out of this; Here's my US Model of 1917 .30-06. Its in really excellent shape for an almost 100 year old rifle.
Murph89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-18, 03:32 PM   #336
komi
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph89 View Post
I figured many here will get a kick out of this; Here's my US Model of 1917 .30-06. Its in really excellent shape for an almost 100 year old rifle.
Nice. All matching components?
komi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-18, 07:12 PM   #337
Murph89
Watch

Unfortunately no. The receiver and barrel is Winchester and some of the smaller components are Remington. Still, its a very solid rifle and kicks like a mule!
Old 01-06-18, 03:32 PM   #338
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Mosin Nagant M91/30's can be had very cheap and are great shooters. Easily one of my favorite rifles ever made.

------

Little bit late, but the gunsmith took their sweet time torquing my upper receiver.

Took the Grendel out in the yard for the break-in procedure and went to test some cheap airsoft iron sights I had lying around

Rifle ran perfectly. I have a VG6 Precision GAMMA 65 muzzle brake on the end and there was nearly zero felt recoil and zero muzzle rise. Towards the end of the break-in, I was putting multiple rounds down with minimal adjustment for recoil.

ASC 25 round mag ran without any stops, brass and steel case. Lot of times I see reviews online of the ASC mags that are questionable but I didn't see any issues so far. I see a lot of stuff out there about people having issues with steel case ammo but the rifle took it like a champ and asked for seconds.

Set up the airsoft sights at mechanical zero and it was dead center, but a foot too high. So went to adjust them and got it down to 6 inches high, but then the front sight pin snapped off. Cheap airsoft sights work great, until you try to get them dead on i guess.

In the market for an optic or iron sights now. Leaning toward some fixed iron sights (Not made of plastic this time).

Overall, I'm extremely happy with the performance of the build so far. It's satisfying to go from a stripped lower to a functioning rifle. Will update with pictures soon.
Old 01-06-18, 04:37 PM   #339
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph89 View Post
Unfortunately no. The receiver and barrel is Winchester and some of the smaller components are Remington. Still, its a very solid rifle and kicks like a mule!
Maybe you should be Alvin York instead of Audie Murph89.
Old 01-06-18, 08:25 PM   #340
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Throughout the film, Sergeant York, York is seen using the M1903 Springfield, which was the standard issue rifle of US forces during WWI. However, in reality, York was issued a 1917 Enfield rifle
Quote:
When the United States entered World War I in 1917, the M1903 Springfield was the standard-issue battle rifle of the US Army and US Marine Corps. However, only 840,000 had been produced, and the United States desperately needed an alternative to arm the American Expeditionary Force. The Pattern 14 rifle, then in production for the British Army, was found to be easily converted to the US .30-06 service cartridge. All production of the P14 was ceased, and Winchester, Remington, and Eddystone began manufacturing the new U.S. Rifle, Caliber .30, Model of 1917. From 1917-1918, 2,193,429 rifles were produced, far outnumbering M1903 production. By the end of the war, roughly 75% of the American Expeditionary Force was armed with the M1917. Like the British troops, American soldiers disliked the rifle for its length and weight; with its 17" bayonet it was usually taller than the man carrying it.
Additionally a little cinematic 'poetic license' was incorporated into the film: In the Argonne Campaign, York actually carried a Model 1911 .45 caliber APC semi-automatic pistol, the same one those who served in the U.S. Army, or Marines remember firing in training. The problem was that Hawks could not find any .45 caliber APC blank ammunition when it came time to film the battle scenes for "Sergeant York". So Gary Cooper used the 9mm Luger instead. atleast the artist, Frank Schoonover, got it right with a 1911 Colt

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-18, 11:40 PM   #341
Murph89
Watch

Yes the 1903 Springfield was mainly used stateside and by early arriving units. It wasn't long after arriving to the front that doughboys either had the model 1917 or British Enfield's, depending on unit and AO.
Old 12-05-18, 06:43 PM   #342
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Its IN! My Hatsan 135 .30 caliber Carnivore arrived today! Hopefully I didn't make a mistake, that I'm grown-up enough to take care of the beautiful walnut stock. Really thought about the synthetic but wanted something sophisticated.

Chose the .30 caliber just because its the largest caliber available in a break barrel. Chose a break barrel because of its self sufficiency. Very suited for small to medium sized game inside 25 yards. Got a tin of 44.75 grain Predator Polymags cant wait.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-18, 06:55 PM   #343
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

More suited for my Air Gun thread.

However! Being a BIG Hatsan Fan myself?
Congrats!! You have a very nice, hard hitting, Gun there!
(Not the video. I've seen that before)

When you want to learn more?
https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org

I promise, as a Moderator there, I won't hold Subsim against you.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-18, 08:54 PM   #344
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Oh, oh did you say a 'gateway' to airguns? Sounds like if I'm not careful I could develop an addiction.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 01:35 PM   #345
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

The SAP-6 shotgun is a magazine-fed short-barrel shotgun manufactured by Dagger in Turkey and imported to Canada by Tactical Imports.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firearms, gun, guns, rifles