SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-03-18, 03:33 PM   #1261
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

OK, so now even The Syrian leader Assad wants to meet KJU.

Looks like KJU is the popular guy in the world of politics, which everyone like to meet.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-18, 05:26 AM   #1262
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

He does not want to meet him, but he must, if he wants Korean missile technology and nuke technology that Russia does not deliver.
Old 06-04-18, 03:15 PM   #1263
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
RUSSIA'S Vladimir Putin has invited North Korea's dictator Kim Jong-un to visit his country, despite having no plans to meet US President Donald Trump amid simmering tensions between Moscow and Washington.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...un-latest-news

NEXT!!

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-18, 03:16 PM   #1264
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

What's going on ??

Markus
Old 06-04-18, 03:42 PM   #1265
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

My guess would be that those who oppose the US see her pretty much weakened on the world stage and the ongoing political situation within and are taking their opportunity to add to the mayhem/chaos as perceived by them.

Old 06-04-18, 03:48 PM   #1266
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Slim kim, Assad, Putin all birds of a feather. Its not like North Korea developed their weapons without help . And there are links which suggest North Korea had a hand in Syrian chemical weapons development. Maybe they are concerned what tales he may tell.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-04-18 at 03:58 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-18, 03:58 PM   #1267
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
My guess would be that those who oppose the US see her pretty much weakened on the world stage and the ongoing political situation within and are taking their opportunity to add to the mayhem/chaos as perceived by them.

Sounds about right to me. RUS and CHN are fully taking advantage of the domestic and international mess the US has gotten itself into under Rump and are reaping benefits they didn't hope to get under previous administrations; Assad, Kim, Iran, and others are tagging along with the two bigger powers, like remora on sharks. As the Rump administration flails about with its throw everything at the wall approach and no cohesive policies, other nations who feel they may be left in the lurch by the current US situation may be increasingly turning to RUS and CHN if only as a means of securing some semblance of stability in their own economies; its a deal wit the devil, but when the angel is spiraling downward out of control, they can either follow that spiral or save themselves...

<O>
Old 06-04-18, 07:39 PM   #1268
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Don't worry about what those one trick ponies always go on about.

The US remains committed to ensuring free and open transit in the Indo-Pacific region, which is beset by overlapping claims from China and several of its neighbors including India, Vietnam and the Philippines.

After 65 years of hostilities there is planned a summit between the leaders of North Korea and the United States. If it doesn't happen or if nothing evolves from it we will still remain committed to South Korea. Personally I think we may be seeing Assad and Putin sweat a little bit.

As a member of NATO, the U.S. through the Atlantic Resolve demonstrates its commitment to the security of NATO allies. Poland invited us to permanently station a brigade over there. Which I'm sure Germans who, having an innate fear of Russia and us leaving NATO will be glad to hear.

We backed out of the JCPOA for a reason. It failed to turn down the heat on a wide range of conflicts. Many of which began in earnest after the Iran deal lifted sanctions on Iran. Iran proxies have been escalating conflicts in Yemen, Syria, and Saudi Arabia. Unfortunately Europe thinks its a bad idea to back out of the JCPOA because that would mean the dove of peace and tranquility wouldn't have a chance to bear fruit. LOL not really if they backed out it would mean they cant do business and profit with terrorist states. And some think our image is bad?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-04-18 at 08:44 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-18, 11:53 AM   #1269
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Guess who's limo this is?

Quote:
“Rather than using a public restroom, the leader of North Korea has a personal toilet that follows him around when he travels,” Lee said. “The leader’s excretions contain information about his health status so they can’t be left behind.”
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-18, 12:11 PM   #1270
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post

Guess who's limo this is?
Soooo... a good reason then not to be invited to hitch a ride in his limo. "How do you like these seats? Made in China, you know, finest quality... mind my potty there".
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-18, 12:15 PM   #1271
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
“Rather than using a public restroom, the leader of North Korea has a personal toilet that follows him around when he travels,” Lee said. “The leader’s excretions contain information about his health status so they can’t be left behind.”

Maybe Rocket Man has worms too!
Old 06-11-18, 01:22 PM   #1272
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Due View Post
Soooo... a good reason then not to be invited to hitch a ride in his limo. "How do you like these seats? Made in China, you know, finest quality... mind my potty there".

Old 06-11-18, 01:26 PM   #1273
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Can this be true ?

Yesterday I read in a comment saying

In fact it is China Mr. Trump is negotiating with, NK is a, what did he call it ?
China's backyard.

And I who thought that NK was a sovereign state and China was their best allied/their big brother.

Markus
Old 06-11-18, 01:37 PM   #1274
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Can this be true ?

Yesterday I read in a comment saying

In fact it is China Mr. Trump is negotiating with, NK is a, what did he call it ?
China's backyard.

And I who thought that NK was a sovereign state and China was their best allied/their big brother.

Markus
China may well be behind the scenes yanking the NK puppet strings but to all intents and purposes it is direct negotiations between NK and the US.

Old 06-11-18, 02:34 PM   #1275
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I woul.d not have imagined that they would indeed meet - but then, that wa sbecasue I do not imagine one moment that NK wouilöd ever give up their nukes. So, they now meet for only one of two possible rteasons: either due to a massive misunderstanding by Donald who seriously thinks he could talk them out of the valley of nukes, or because he wants to come to deal by accepting NK as s nuclear major power now. The first reason I had not on my radar, the second I did not imagine to be possible.

Anyhow, the winner already now is Kim. Its an immense gain in reputation and a big victory for his propaganda machine. Without giving up any of his nukey ambitions.

Of course they will wrap it all in kind, candy-sweet wordings. I dont care for the gift wrapping, what I see is a poisoned gambit pawn handed over as a present. And Trump took it.

Okay Donald, I want to see the plan behgind the gambit - show me where my reasoning is wrong.

I hate being offered gambits in chess.

Tags
korea, north korea