SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-04-08, 04:54 PM   #31
U100
Swabbie

Downloads: 140
Uploads: 0
Default SH4 ATO Screenshots???

Now that we got the Espana to English issue worked out, can someone be so kind as to provide some screenshots of the 'new mod.'

Danke,
U100
U100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-08, 09:04 PM   #32
owner20071963
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default I Say Well Done

Well?We purchased the add on,Now its 1.5 With No German Missions?So as UBI Forget? you guys do a Great Job,To the GWX CREW,WE SALUTE YOU,Now lets make it simple,for those who love the Game,I ask and not a Flotilla Group,nor a sub group,Lets make this Game enjoyable for All,Can? what is rushed in a game to Make a quick buck be saved??Lets hope so,To me and others, This game was made too cartoonish,Maybe I'm wrong,But hey its a game,UBI SH4 ONLINE SERVER IS THE QUIETEST SERVER EVER,With very Few ONLINE PLAYERS,Will this revive it?Lets Hope,AS FOR ONLINE PLAYERS? SEE US HERE'
http://www.ComSubsPac.spruz.com
Happy Hunting.

Old 08-05-08, 05:27 AM   #33
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Yike, what was that last post all about and where did it come from?:rotfl:

Let's make one thing clear here. Some seem to be under the impression that Spanish people are somewhere on the fringes and that a Spanish mod is somehow beyond the pale. Lets set that straight. According to Alexia, and they're not perfect but pretty darn good, here is the rank of countries represented in SUBSIM traffic.

Subsim.com users come from these countries:
United States34.0%
Switzerland10.1%
Germany8.9%
Russia6.3%
Spain5.1%
United Kingdom3.1%
Poland3.0%
Netherlands2.8%
Argentina2.2%
Albania2.2%
Finland2.1%
Canada1.7%
Australia1.5%
Czech Republic1.0%
Brazil1.0%
Belgium1.0%
Greece0.9%
Mexico0.9%
France0.8%
Indonesia0.7%
Romania0.6%
Croatia0.5%
Other countries9.6%

Where is Spain compared to Great Britain? Australia? Finland? France? In all the nations of the world, Spain is #5 on SUBSIM! Yet CA-24F is the first Spanish mod to be represented here. If you add Argentina and Mexico, over 8.2% of the people in SUBSIM speak spanish (Mexican is sort of spanish, heck if they count, Brazil counts because they can understand each other). I'd say more spanish language translations of mods would be extremely appropriate.

And what's that with Switzerland as #2? What a total surprise! Where in hades are the Swiss mods???? Bring 'em on!

From an American viewpoint, although the first settlement in what later became the US was French at Fort Caroline, the second, and first permanent settlement was St Augustine, Florida in 1565. The first St Augustine settlers were grandfathers and grandmothers before the settlement of Jamestown in 1607. Did I mention that they spoke Spanish?

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 08-05-08 at 05:39 AM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-08, 07:33 AM   #34
juanchez
Seaman

Downloads: 36

Mikhayl, why don't you try a different approach to this mod:

There's a guy that spent many, many hours to bring you guys the Atlantic Campaign for free.

The translation is on its way, just wait a few days.

There are many non English speaker people out there that never complain when they download mods lacking a simple notice "English language only" on the read me.

Just enjoy it and give them the well deserved credit for their hard work.

Your suggestion is fair and it would have been better if they had just included the notice, no doubt, but all the same, we should still be grateful to Richi.

PS Rockin, you're what we call a "caballero" over here, thanks a lot.
juanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-08, 07:59 AM   #35
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

I was just amazed at the number of Spanish speaking (and Portugese, a very close relative) people were on SUBSIM and amazed that although nobody complains about the German language in the game, almost as many people whose first language is Spanish visit here and we have complaints about spanish. I just think we should support all languages that we can, while making mods able to supply the desired language.

I don't think the mods conform to that goal yet, but I think its something we could all work toward. I was shocked that the Swiss were #2. Where are our Italian mods? One of our greatest modders is Brazilian and speaks Portugese. Let's have Portugese conversions for at least the popular mods!

Back in the dark ages, when I was an outboard motor mechanic a wise man told me that just about anybody could do 90% of the job, but that last 10% was the difference between a customer who paid his money and never returned and a satisfied customer who would return for all his future work. That has proved to be true in all my pursuits through life. It's not enough to serve the 90%. We need to respect the last 10%. Just my opinion, but I'm right!

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 08-05-08 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-05-08, 08:40 AM   #36
martes86
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
So that's potentially 92% of subsimers downloading a mod in a language they don't understand, for the lack of a simple notice "spanish language only" in the first post
Well, the mod can be enjoyed anyways, even if it was in chinese... you won't be able to read some stuff, but it's still playable. It's not that much of a problem, and there's no need to create a prejudice about the mod or later releases, because being initially in Spanish, people will sure think that it's gonna stay that way forever, so they get the pack, they notice, they ask, we answer, and they patiently expect a language patch, there's no need to put any drama (or a glowing panel) to the fact that it's in Spanish when it's a temporary situation.
And, the mod being made by spanish people, it's logic that the creator's first concern would be that his comrades can understand it (a concern that goes after the mod being well made, of course), just as it's understandable that a USA guy doesn't even care about his mod being in Spanish (or whatever language you choose).

Cheers
martes86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-08, 10:28 AM   #37
Peto
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 4

I'm going to take issue with Rockin Robbins here for a moment . My Spanish is OK (Puedo defenderme en Espanol). But I'm completely lost when confronted with Portugese . So--for me--the only real sinilarity lies in that they are both Romance Languages (which actually is regarding Roman roots and not the gift of love :hmm.

Otherwise--I agree completely with what he's said . My German is horrible but I prefer u-boats with German voices and text. After a while I begin to actually pick up a few words.

A lesson I've learned through my travels and life is never let a language stand in the way of communicating. It's amazing how well people without a common language can still communicate if they really want to.

My only question to the 24th is, ?Donde son los submarinos espanoles?

Cheers!

Peto
Old 08-05-08, 11:38 AM   #38
juanchez
Seaman

Quote:
Yeah well it's not a rhetoric problem nor a respect problem and neither a mod problem, it's just common sense, but whatever
Well, nobody is perfect, you know.

They had enough common sense to improve the game for you though.

I usually say thanks first and then I make suggestions...but, you're right, whatever.
Old 08-05-08, 01:12 PM   #39
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

I'm just downloading the 5th and final part of this MOD. Are you fellas saying you have to speak Spanish to play this? I don't see why that would be the case?
Old 08-05-08, 01:15 PM   #40
Atlantis
Mate

Downloads: 0

Hey! Atlantic mods are great, I've got some questions though. I've looked through the posts here, and all I'm positive of is that this mod is in Spanish, ((which is cool, I don't speak it, but I'm not new to bumbling through games in languages I don't understand. )) But is this mod just like Operation Monsoon, only in Spanish? Can some one give me some details about it please?
Atlantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-08, 03:42 PM   #41
The General
The Old Man

Right, I've successfully downloaded this. How do I install it? It's just composed of 5 WinRAR Compressed Folders.
Old 08-05-08, 04:06 PM   #42
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Don't be too hard on Mikhayl. He's from France, but has no mods in French. That could make anybody irritable.
Old 08-05-08, 04:20 PM   #43
The General
The Old Man

Default Viva Espagna!!

Don't worry, I worked it out. This is fantastic! Great work!!
Old 08-05-08, 04:32 PM   #44
juanchez
Seaman

Quote:
I apologize, I didn't realize that my simple suggestion was so rude and counter productive. And thank you for the mod Juanchez.
Hi Mikhayl, no need to apologize, seriously.

I was just trying to let you know that the mod is great although it lacks the notice you were talking about, which, of course, should have been in.

I'm sure the translation will be released soon and the mod will be even improved. But it is already a huge step, along with Lurkers work on OM.

Don't say thanks to me, I did not participate at all, it was just Richi.

In any case, I thank YOU for your last post.

Merci Beaucoup

Best regards from your Southern neighbors.
Old 08-05-08, 04:42 PM   #45
The General
The Old Man

Default Allow me to be the first...

...to post an image from this amazing MOD: