SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-08, 11:31 PM   #61
swdw
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 602Sqn_Puff
Need help folks, when I enable the mod I don't get any of the new missions showing up in game?? These are the mods I have enabled.
You need to know that you have quite a few conflicting mods installed. You even have mini-mods overwriting larger mods that include the minimod files with additional updates and improvements.

You're also losing out on some of the later developments by overwriting some of the changes with earlier mods too.

For example, the NSM4 realistic torpedo malfunctions are no where near as real or in depth as the changes in RFB 1.51

The John Hamm's uniform mod overwrites a more realistic and more in depth mod in RFB. Try the one he just released instead.

PE3 and environment 4.6 conflict with each other also.

There are others but you should start a separate thread and have people help you sort through the various mods you have listed.

"you wouldn't catch me on a ship that deliberately sinks itself"- comment to me from a surface sailor.

System:
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz | 32GB DDR3 | SATA 300 320GB HD, SATA III 1TB HD, SATA III 1.TB HD | ASUS Sonar DS sound card
NVIDIA 1660 Super OC | Windows 10

Last edited by swdw; 08-01-08 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-01-08, 12:27 AM   #62
Orion2012
Commodore

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pifer
Hi, excellent work lurker, im using only operation monsun beta version, when i go to start a patrol i change the torps, but the torps in the tubes always be the simply electric torp, if i put in a tube one a wet heather torp... i start in the tube one with a eletric torp`....

Whats wrong? sh4 1.5 om_v40x witht jsgme installation of the mod...

Any help? and sorry for my english

Thanks
Read this post

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=445

I'm aware of the problem. It may not get fix soon as it is a very hard problem to fix right now
Have a fix for this and it will be part of beta2, also will post a [TEC] thread with the fix so other mod makers can use it
Best News All Week. Awesome work.
Old 08-01-08, 04:53 AM   #63
AntEater
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0

Another small bug with the VII.
It has 4 internal reloads and three external for the bow tubes, while it should be 6 internal and one external.
Fixed this myself, fairly easy.
Old 08-01-08, 04:41 PM   #64
Herr_Pete
Commodore

Downloads: 102

i am unsure if this problem has been mentioned. The speed dial has appeared on the conning tower.

and alot of the ships have no textures.
Old 08-01-08, 06:36 PM   #65
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Both those problems have been fixed
Old 08-02-08, 02:53 AM   #66
leorfeo
Seaman

Downloads: 21

Hi all,

I'm using the OM V40X BetaX (the downloadlink is deactivated on the main page by the way, dont know if this is by purpose).

I started a carreer with a V IIB in Kiel (the very first one you can take). I did six missions. On the sixth mission i was told to do recon in freemantle!!! (:rotfl. Of course i couldnt make it. At the end of the 6th mission i was told, that my results where pretty bad and i was able to leave the navy for good ().

First: You shouldn't get a mission impossible with a IIB (Freemantle)

Second: i sunk approx. 2 ships each tour ( and thats though enough with a IIB) - is this regarded as a bad result? If yes the modder should ease the needed results on those small boats - please

Third: i hoped to get another submarine. Does this work in OM V40X BetaX? I mean lets say im really good, do i get a more modern one offered?

Fourth: Though i have been kicked of the navy for bad results and now cooking sausages on the eastern Front, is there really a continious campaign in OM V40X BetaX?

Thx
Old 08-02-08, 03:07 AM   #67
W4chund
Seaman

Downloads: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by leorfeo
Hi all,

I'm using the OM V40X BetaX (the downloadlink is deactivated on the main page by the way, dont know if this is by purpose).

I started a carreer with a V IIB in Kiel (the very first one you can take). I did six missions. On the sixth mission i was told to do recon in freemantle!!! (:rotfl. Of course i couldnt make it. At the end of the 6th mission i was told, that my results where pretty bad and i was able to leave the navy for good ().

Second: i sunk approx. 2 ships each tour ( and thats though enough with a IIB) - is this regarded as a bad result? If yes the modder should ease the needed results on those small boats - please

Third: i hoped to get another submarine. Does this work in OM V40X BetaX? I mean lets say im really good, do i get a more modern one offered?

Fourth: Though i have been kicked of the navy for bad results and now cooking sausages on the eastern Front, is there really a continious campaign in OM V40X BetaX?

Thx

It would be more Helpful if u posting more Details of ur Carreer ( Date, Location, etc..). Just things that will help Lurker to locate the Problem and fix it. By the Way this is an Open Beta Testing of this Modification. And he is doing a very well Job, but its a Job who need alot of Time and alot of testing before it is finished.
Old 08-02-08, 03:21 AM   #68
leorfeo
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4chund
Quote:
Hi all,

Thx
It would be more Helpful if u posting more Details of ur Carreer ( Date, Location, etc..). Just things that will help Lurker to locate the Problem and fix it. By the Way this is an Open Beta Testing of this Modification. And he is doing a very well Job, but its a Job who need alot of Time and alot of testing before it is finished.
Hi W4chhund,

my post wasn't ment to show any criticism of the work. Im well aware, that this is a beta.

From the "mechanial" point of view i cant complain. I have no graphical glitches so far. Well i only tried the IIB up to now.

So i can't give an positions, because the game works fine when im on a mission. It's only those gameplayfeatures i feel are important to look at (See points 1 to 4). Maybe everything is right with them...im just asking.

All i cann say further is, that i started a carreer in the first flotilla on September.
Old 08-02-08, 05:55 AM   #69
csengoi
A-ganger

Downloads: 12

I hardly can wait for Beta2!!! Keep up the great work!!!
Old 08-02-08, 06:20 AM   #70
shackman
Watch

Downloads: 49

Is there any specific reason why the downloadlink is deactivated?

I'd love to try that mod..
Old 08-02-08, 06:29 AM   #71
csengoi
A-ganger

Downloads: 12

There will be a new version to come out this weekend.
Old 08-02-08, 06:41 AM   #72
shackman
Watch

Downloads: 49

That's even better!!
Old 08-02-08, 09:13 AM   #73
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Hi all,

Thx
Thank you for your report

Quote:
Problem in the Flotilla.upc file which has been corrected

Quote:
Changes have been made

Quote:
You should

Quote:
Yes, try the Type VII / IX
Old 08-02-08, 09:31 AM   #74
leorfeo
Seaman

Quote:
Quote:
Hi all,

Thx
Thank you for your report

Quote:
Problem in the Flotilla.upc file which has been corrected

Quote:
Changes have been made

Quote:
You should

Quote:
Yes, try the Type VII / IX
Many Thxs Lurker,

I will start a campaign with the boats you suggested.

I'm happily awaiting the Beta 2

leorfeo
Old 08-02-08, 10:10 AM   #75
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Many Thxs Lurker,

I will start a campaign with the boats you suggested.

I'm happily awaiting the Beta 2

leorfeo
I would "strongly recommend" you wait 24 hours before starting a new campaign

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 08-02-08 at 01:04 PM.
Closed Thread