SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-23-17, 01:09 PM   #121
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Unfortunately, given the state of judicial systems world-wide, he'll probably be found guilty of negligent manslaughter and sentenced to 30 days WITHOUT TELEVISION, but released for time served. He will write a book, sign on for a movie and retire a rich man.

It would take a skilled butcher a half hour to do the work he did. He probably took two hours. That's inconsistent with "panic" or innocent motives. His lies since he was plucked out of the water double the probability of cold-blooded murder, not an accident. Watch his demeanor in the first interview: controlled, calm, calculating, assured. Murderer of the slimiest variety, I'm afraid.

Could you work for a couple of grisly hours hacking a body to pieces and with complete calm assurance say what he said? I couldn't do the deed, much less cover up for it in such a cold-blooded manner. He doesn't deserve to live, but he will.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 01:19 PM   #122
Rip
Commodore

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0

For me if it is obvious you have done numerous things to destroy evidence then you have made your own bed. I'm going to assume that evidence was very damning to you.

If any of that evidence would have supported claiming some type of accident you have no one but yourself to blame for your predicament. No matter rules of the jury or whatever I couldn't look myself in the mirror if I let such a man ever walk free again. Just couldn't do it.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 01:27 PM   #123
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

The guilty flee when no one pursues. --Isaac Asimov
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 02:38 PM   #124
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Like most of us,especially those of us who have met him during these fantastic days in Sept. 2009 I think we feel different about this case. I feel emptiness. I also have the same thoughts as Carotio. It was great to meet him, he looked like a real good guy. It was an inspiration.

There is absolutely no excuse what he have done to Kim Wall.

If I was the prosecutor or the Danish police I would after the DNA-Match Require a complete psychological profile on Peter M.

About this he have panicked and buried her at sea, or she was hit by the propellers after she have been dropped in the water.

There was damage to the torso, in such a way that the person who did it would prevent gases in the body from causing the body to float to the surface and there was a mark for metal. In such a way that the perpetrator would have prevented the body from reaching the surface - And I doubt that a propeller may apply so precisely(from Todays press conference at the Police's headquarter in Copenhagen).

Edit: Forgot something while writing my comments: Kim Wall's arms and legs have been deliberately removed
Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 08-23-17 at 03:34 PM.
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 04:37 PM   #125
Te Kaha
Navy Dude

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 2

I'm horrified by this crime, I am sad, and I am angry. Like many others who are posting here in this thread I was there in 2009 and met Peter Madsen and had the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to hitch a ride in a submarine.

Now my memory of this event changed - aside from meeting other fellow submarine enthusiasts, which will always remain a positive memory, I've been on a vessel which later became a crime-scene, and I've met a man who later became a ******** criminal.

And I feel sad for Kim Wall and her relatives and friends. Her young life has been senselessly taken away by another human being.

I trust the Danish justice system to issue the sentence this man deserves.
Te Kaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 05:22 PM   #126
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Another thing which you may not have heard about-It have been mentioned on Danish and Swedish news program.

Copied from Swedish teletext. and I have used google translate.

"
Danish police looks at unresolved murder cases
The investigation by the Swedish journalist Kim Wall's fate has led the police in Denmark to take a new look at old unresolved murder cases.
-Actually, we have a case from
1986 when a Japanese tourist's torso
Found in the port of Copenhagen,
Told Jens Möller Jensen, preliminary investigation
Leaders in the submarine case, at a conference
on Wednesday.
In the fall of 1986, equals were found by a woman whose identity could be clarified only eight months later, like a 22-year-old Japanese woman. The murder of the Japanese woman remained unclear "

Markus
Old 08-23-17, 05:57 PM   #127
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Another important thing about how things work in Denmark when it comes to solve crimes

They have found the torso of Kim Wall, they have found blood in Peters Submarine-That ain't enough. The police have to without any doubt prove it was Peter who has killed her either on purpose or as he claim by accident and the police has to prove that it was Peter who cut her into pieces.

Markus
Old 08-23-17, 06:32 PM   #128
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

What a tragedy. My heart goes out to this womans family. It's hard to believe.

Sad indeed.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 07:06 PM   #129
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

While he is, of course, presumed innocent until proven guilty, the facts being reported do not look so good for him.

Innocent people don't change their story drastically and certainly don't change it twice like that.

The evidence seems to contradict his story significantly with little room for interpretation. One does not bury someone at sea by removing their limbs and venting the body.

My question is motive. Was this a spur of the moment rape/homicide? Did this guy know the reporter before this trip? Unless this guy is especially stupid it does not look like a premeditated murder.

Strange story but it looks like he is pretty guilty.
Old 08-23-17, 07:29 PM   #130
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Assuming the worst, there could have been a bloody mess inside the boat which may be a reason he opened it up to the sea.
You called it.
Old 08-23-17, 07:33 PM   #131
FlatRook
Nub

Downloads: 17

This is one crazy story. I have even more questions now that they have found the chopped up body. Such a sad event for the family of the lost.
FlatRook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-17, 08:18 AM   #132
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Another important thing about how things work in Denmark when it comes to solve crimes

They have found the torso of Kim Wall, they have found blood in Peters Submarine-That ain't enough. The police have to without any doubt prove it was Peter who has killed her either on purpose or as he claim by accident and the police has to prove that it was Peter who cut her into pieces.

Markus
I don't have any doubt. Seriously, Peter did this.
Old 08-24-17, 08:34 AM   #133
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

Markus
I'm obviously no expert of the judicial system in Denmark but here in the UK there would already be sufficient evidence both material and circumstantial for the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) to go to trial with.

You state 'without any doubt'. Surely that should be 'beyond reasonable doubt', otherwise there would need to be a first hand witness present or video evidence or something of that nature during the actual event before a conviction could be obtained?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-17, 08:47 AM   #134
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I don't have any doubt. Seriously, Peter did this.
Nor do I. None of what has transpired or proposed to have transpired makes any sense.
Old 08-24-17, 08:50 AM   #135
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I'm obviously no expert of the judicial system in Denmark but here in the UK there would already be sufficient evidence both material and circumstantial for the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) to go to trial with.

You state 'without any doubt'. Surely that should be 'beyond reasonable doubt', otherwise there would need to be a first hand witness present or video evidence or something of that nature during the actual event before a conviction could be obtained?
Without a good solid explanation would any jury not see this was a crime and not a simple accident. Accidents are reported and explained. The coverer up started from the first questioning. The story has changed several times. The most damning is a dismembered body.

Sadly, parents are not to have to see their children taken from them no matter the circumstances. My heart goes out to her family.

Tags
madsen, murder, nautilus, wall