SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-09-11, 09:06 PM   #991
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church SUBSIM View Post
Hey - question for you ... can I add MightyFineCrew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards on top of MO (patched)? I know there are a lot of overwrites but I am assuming that they are from your incorporation of the default version.

Thanks
don't believe so. Something has to be updated in it to work correctly.

Was too excited about the possibility of being able to finally tell if the map zoomed in or out so I had to code it and test:

Works perfectly One major obstacle overcome

Now I can make the bearing overlay scale with zoom level and .....?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 09:18 PM   #992
Church SUBSIM
Weps

Downloads: 120
Uploads: 4

Thanks for the quick response.

You know ... you are setting the bar pretty damn high ... grats on your new discovery! Like everyone here - looking forward to it's release!

Church SUBSIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 09:21 PM   #993
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200
Uploads: 0

Well here goes one last time - is there an eta re the next incarnation of the Mega Mod - surly a simply yes or no is good, and if yes can we get an idea when
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 09:26 PM   #994
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
You know ... you are setting the bar pretty damn high ... grats on your new discovery! Like everyone here - looking forward to it's release!
the bar has pretty much been pushed out of reach of about 99% of the people here . Unless you can write code in C# (or C++) and python, make custom .dlls, know how to extract data from running processes, familiar with DirectX and DirectInput and DirectSound, and familiar with reverse engineering, there isn't much one can do except change textures, create menu items for the gui, and alter the .cfg and .txt files. I gotta tell you though I'm having a total ball with SH5
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 10:26 PM   #995
Church SUBSIM
Weps

Downloads: 120
Uploads: 4

Yes, it's evident that you are having a good time with it. There is nothing like the satisfaction that comes with problem solving.

This community here in regards to modding has been pretty incredible - there are a ton of very creative people. I was trying to explain it to a friend of mine ... he's going to take a look at picking up the sim based on the concept of mods.

btw ... shift_I for the Chalkboard ... you have got to be kidding me ... how cool is that!

Church SUBSIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-11, 12:03 AM   #996
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

After surmounting the mountain of stupidity on my part i got TDW's mega mod beta working. I have to hand it, I was really impressed. Lots of functionality. Haven't really played it yet, just clicking on all the options and exploring things within the game. All very impressive.

Unfortunately, all SH5 did was inspire me to go back and fix a couple things in SH4 that were bugging me, but was too lazy to do anything about. I think there's something to the sheen of the SH5, (post processing filter?) or some bits that were laggy (hardware issue) that were putting me off. Can't quite figure it out, but I'll give it another go later.

At any rate, i see my vote for subsims Modder of the year was not misplaced.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-11, 02:06 AM   #997
Michal788
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
the bar has pretty much been pushed out of reach of about 99% of the people here . Unless you can write code in C# (or C++) and python, make custom .dlls, know how to extract data from running processes, familiar with DirectX and DirectInput and DirectSound, and familiar with reverse engineering, there isn't much one can do except change textures, create menu items for the gui, and alter the .cfg and .txt files. I gotta tell you though I'm having a total ball with SH5
The only thing what we not can do is change the fysic 3d model, because its a granny model.
Old 02-10-11, 09:55 AM   #998
ustahl
Watch Officer

Downloads: 156

Quote:
Hey - question for you ... can I add MightyFineCrew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards on top of MO (patched)? I know there are a lot of overwrites but I am assuming that they are from your incorporation of the default version.

Thanks
I'm not TDW, far from it, but I've been running MightyFineCrew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards on top of MO with Patch 2 with no problems, and recently also with NewUIs_TDC_6_3_7 on top of patched MO.
So I propose you go ahead and try it.
Old 02-10-11, 09:59 AM   #999
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustahl View Post
I'm not TDW, far from it, but I've been running MightyFineCrew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards on top of MO with Patch 2 with no problems, and recently also with NewUIs_TDC_6_3_7 on top of patched MO.
you have NewUIs_TDC_6_3_7 on top of patched MO? - that means that you are using the version of NewUIs_TDC by TDW that is included in MO. When you instal MO after, the files are overwrited so you are not using in fact the NewUIs_TDC_6_3_7 in this way
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-11, 10:27 AM   #1000
marleymen
Planesman

Downloads: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
you have NewUIs_TDC_6_3_7 on top of patched MO? - that means that you are using the version of NewUIs_TDC by TDW that is included in MO. When you instal MO after, the files are overwrited so you are not using in fact the NewUIs_TDC_6_3_7 in this way
I think TDW UI in MO is 6.3.0. TDW changed mods list a few days ago because of he was going to release the new version (0.0.5) but it´s stopped at the moment till a few mods are completed (icebergs, mines, subnets layers in campaign) and other new investment he is doing with DLL´s.

I saw TDW said in his TDW UI post you can use 6.3.7 over MO without problems.

PS. @TDW, maybe you should put all those mods incoming in new version and the changelog apart from 0.0.2.
marleymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-11, 10:41 AM   #1001
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustahl View Post
Good to know that!

But is it possible, that you post an screenshot from "Alt w beards" please ?

Best regards,
Magic
Old 02-10-11, 10:54 AM   #1002
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by marleymen View Post
I think TDW UI in MO is 6.3.0. TDW changed mods list a few days ago because of he was going to release the new version (0.0.5) but it´s stopped at the moment till a few mods are completed (icebergs, mines, subnets layers in campaign) and other new investment he is doing with DLL´s.

I saw TDW said in his TDW UI post you can use 6.3.7 over MO without problems.

PS. @TDW, maybe you should put all those mods incoming in new version and the changelog apart from 0.0.2.
i agree with you - over yes - but not in front read here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church SUBSIM

Thanks

Sounds strange because the MO overwritte these 2 mods that he said he enabled in front of it.

Last edited by stoianm; 02-10-11 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-11-11, 04:26 AM   #1003
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

"MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards" in combination with "MO"

Hi Folks !

For me it works perfectly, I´ve did these things:

I delete the Folder "Submarine" from the MOD "MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards" before I enable the MOD after MO, the other Folder / Files in the MOD can overrite the Files from MO, because there are only Files that change Crew Faces / Beards. I´ve checked this before I enabled with "WinMerge" (look: http://winmerge.org/?lang=en !) So it´s no problem !!!!

EDIT: And another thing is, with these version has the watchofficer "Dieter Epp" a hat on !

Best regards,
Magic

Last edited by Magic1111; 02-11-11 at 04:47 AM.
Magic1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 04:31 AM   #1004
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Hi Folks !

For me it works perfectly, I´ve did these things:

I delete the Folder "Submarine" from the MOD "MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards" before I enable the MOD after MO, the other Folder / Files in the MOD can overrite the Files from MO, because there are only Files that change Crew Faces / Beards. I´ve checked this before I enabled with "WinMerge" (look: http://winmerge.org/?lang=en !) So it´s no problem !!!!

Best regards,
Magic
Thanks magic1111

Sounds great - now we can choose betwen beards or not beards and we will be not tieds anymore to the version that is used by default in MO.

Good observation!

best regards
Old 02-11-11, 04:37 AM   #1005
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
Thanks magic1111

Sounds great - now we can choose betwen beards or not beards and we will be not tieds anymore to the version that is used by default in MO.

Good observation!

best regards
My pleasure my Friend !

But another good thing is in my opinion, the Watchofficer "Dieter Epp" has with this version now a Hat on !

Best regards,
Magic