SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-01-10, 09:20 PM   #121
ShadowWolf Kell
Medic

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post
I assume that you going through the "Attack Scope", also are you "manual" trying to open more than one door at a time ?

Yes and yes, though it also happens with the Obs Scope and the UZO too. I don't see a switch flipping back with them, but the message log still says they're closing.
ShadowWolf Kell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-10, 10:39 PM   #122
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowWolf Kell View Post
Yes and yes, though it also happens with the Obs Scope and the UZO too. I don't see a switch flipping back with them, but the message log still says they're closing.
This is a known "stock" problem, and there nothing I can do about it
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-10, 07:58 AM   #123
ShadowWolf Kell
Medic

Alright no worries. I can get around it if I'm quick after putting in my solutions. It's just a little obnoxious.

OM + OMEGU's been running pretty flawless otherwise though, which I'm eternally greatful for. Been having fun with your RSRDC with TMO as well. It's hard to really appreciate some of the historical accuracy until you encounter it in game. And not just the typical "big" events. Rather some of those very same forces enroute to an area.
Old 04-02-10, 08:09 AM   #124
trebby
Medic

Downloads: 210

Thanks lurker,

This saved the uboat side for me. Great work, unbeatable imho in combi with KiUB

Cheers, trebb.
Old 04-04-10, 01:37 AM   #125
supposedtobeworking
XO

Downloads: 59

hmmm...I'm getting ghost crew members on the bridge - and I have a legal copy with 1.5 installed. Is this part of the DRM or do some graphics settings trigger it. I'm using a Geforce 9800gt card. Here are my mods:

OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch3
OMEGU_v300
OMEGU_v300_Patch5A
VIIB_v2_shaded
Poul-Sound for SH4

What gives?

p.s. I did accidentally click the preinstalled shortcut which started gu.exe and it did something, but I quit and made a new shortcut to sh4.exe -- could this be the problem? I hope I don't need to re-install.

On another note: The mod seems to be working otherwise except I get the jelly effect in the ocean which looks really silly. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
supposedtobeworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-10, 07:19 AM   #126
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by supposedtobeworking View Post
hmmm...I'm getting ghost crew members on the bridge - and I have a legal copy with 1.5 installed. Is this part of the DRM or do some graphics settings trigger it. I'm using a Geforce 9800gt card. Here are my mods:

OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch3
OMEGU_v300
OMEGU_v300_Patch5A
VIIB_v2_shaded
Poul-Sound for SH4

What gives?

p.s. I did accidentally click the preinstalled shortcut which started gu.exe and it did something, but I quit and made a new shortcut to sh4.exe -- could this be the problem? I hope I don't need to re-install.

On another note: The mod seems to be working otherwise except I get the jelly effect in the ocean which looks really silly. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

From the readme of OM/OMEGU

Quote:
WARNING

Any “non” OM/RSRDC mod that is installed “BEFORE or AFTER” OMv705, OMv705_to_v720, OMEGU, RSRDC or OMEGU v300 related mods and JSGME generates a “conflict” with any of the above mods and you continue to install the mod and RSRDC/OM/OMEGU no longer works correctly is “NOT” my problem.

This also applies to "any hand edits" to original OM/RSRDC files by users

WARNING
Old 04-04-10, 06:38 PM   #127
supposedtobeworking
XO

Downloads: 59

Yes I read that in the manual, but I don't understand how a sound mod and uboat skin mod would effect the ocean movement (to make it like jelly). Are you suggesting that the sound or uboat skin is creating a conflict that would cause this? My guess is that there is something else creating the jelly ocean, but I can certainly try disabling the mods (at least the uboat skin, though that mod only overwrites one file which is particular to the type VII uboat as far as I know). If it's not the two extra mods, any other idea what could be causing it?

edit: oh maybe I misunderstood - are you saying that the ghost crew members are caused by the extra two mods? Sorry I'm not sure which problem of mine you're addressing. Thanks.

Tried disabling the u-boat skin and for the moment it appears to have solved the ghost crew members problem. Left Sound enabled since it isn't related to any graphics. Now I still have the occasional jelly ocean so hopefully someone can offer a suggestion to stop that unless there isn't any way to do that.

Last edited by supposedtobeworking; 04-05-10 at 12:53 PM.
supposedtobeworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-10, 08:40 AM   #128
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowWolf Kell View Post
I've been having a bit of a problem.

For some odd reason, my torpedo doors keep closing right after opening them. I get a confirmation not only from the switch reverting back to closed, but the log interface as well. I'm not sure what's causing it. Never had this problem before.

My load order is this,

OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch2
OMEGU_v300
OMEGU_v300_Patch5A
KiUB_English

Current date in my game is March, 1941 though it's been happening since 1939.

Kiel and St. Nazair, 7th Flotilla. VIIB.
The best fix would be to also enable the SH3 Commands optional mod in OMEGU.

Otherwise, just edit the Commands.cfg and assign the Q key to "toggle_open_close..." and delete the key assignment of "close tube" and "close selected tube". That will fix your problem. I think Ducimus was the first person to figure this one out. It's also a problem in SH3. AND in Sh5 of course .
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-10, 03:10 PM   #129
ShadowWolf Kell
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
The best fix would be to also enable the SH3 Commands optional mod in OMEGU.

Otherwise, just edit the Commands.cfg and assign the Q key to "toggle_open_close..." and delete the key assignment of "close tube" and "close selected tube". That will fix your problem. I think Ducimus was the first person to figure this one out. It's also a problem in SH3. AND in Sh5 of course .

I checked the files and even the default commands.cfg for OM/OMEGU has it set up that way. In fact, OM and RFB aren't too different except in a few areas. R for Depth under Keel rather than raise/lower radar, etc.

I'll try the SH3 Command setup and see if that works. I've been playing with GWX3.0 anyway so the command layout's familiar. It's odd because I never had this problem with OM before. I'm not running any extra mods either.
Old 04-12-10, 07:31 PM   #130
dezertflyr
Watch

Downloads: 46
Default ENV Mod Fails

Hmm...I'm having no-joy installing the OMEGA mod even after a reinstall

RSDC_SH15_V550
RSDC_V5xx_Patch1
OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch3

This lineup works fine. SH4 fails to load if OMEGU_v300 is added.

Any helpmuch appreciated
dezertflyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-10, 06:46 AM   #131
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezertflyr View Post

RSDC_SH15_V550
RSDC_V5xx_Patch1
OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch3

Any helpmuch appreciated

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...38&postcount=1
Old 04-13-10, 03:00 PM   #132
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165

Quote:

RSDC_SH15_V550
RSDC_V5xx_Patch1
OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch3

Any helpmuch appreciated
This shouldn't happen mate. I would uninstall everything and try without RSDC. Also make sure that you copy the mods' content correctly (some are folders hidden within folders). There must have been some mistake, because many people can install these mods without problems.

Instead of trying to run RSDC and OM together I use different copies of the entire Silent Hunter Folder. One is used for Pacific mods, the other for OM. This makes the whole setup much less complicated and error prone.

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-10, 11:22 PM   #133
dezertflyr
Watch

Downloads: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalExplorer View Post
This shouldn't happen mate. I would uninstall everything and try without RSDC. Also make sure that you copy the mods' content correctly (some are folders hidden within folders). There must have been some mistake, because many people can install these mods without problems.

Instead of trying to run RSDC and OM together I use different copies of the entire Silent Hunter Folder. One is used for Pacific mods, the other for OM. This makes the whole setup much less complicated and error prone.

Thanks for the reply, GE..I complied with your suggestion and attempted to set up a pure OM+OMEGU..still fails to load past the initial black screen once OMEGU is enabled.

Thanks for your reply link to the same intructions to which I have repeatedly referred as well, lurker..I get OM installed okay and can play the sim but I'd really like to get OMEGU going too.
dezertflyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-10, 04:50 AM   #134
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165

I installed in the prescribed order and it always worked without problem.

What version do you have? You must have SH4 + UBM (v1.5).

Pergaps there is some problem with your system, for instance playing the video?

Otherwise there is not much I can suggest to you. Except a redownload, and check if you understand the folder structure the archive unpacks to (OMEGU is packed, may I say a bit unsoundly, in 1 path inside a folder together with several other mods, which has lead to a lot of people installing it wrong)

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-10, 10:52 AM   #135
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, GE..I complied with your suggestion and attempted to set up a pure OM+OMEGU..still fails to load past the initial black screen once OMEGU is enabled.

Thanks for your reply link to the same intructions to which I have repeatedly referred as well, lurker..I get OM installed okay and can play the sim but I'd really like to get OMEGU going too.
At this point I would suspect a hosed SH4 1.5 install. I just do not waste time trouble shooting installs, if its exhibiting that behaviour I delete the main folder and copy over the clean fresh one hidden away on the HD just for these instances.

Best of luck!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote