SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-24-17, 08:36 PM   #76
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

@Skybird. I'm not trying to convince others of how transcended I'm. I can demonstrate that on daily basis to people closest to me (the potentiality of omnipresence and omniscience). I'm merely stating that transcendence CAN be demonstrated and thus, proven.

By demonstrating transcendence on daily basis I'm inviting others to rethink their individuality, their egoic identities. That's all.

Thank you for all your suggestions but frankly, I do not need them, not at this stage, maybe 10 years ago. I have my own way and it involves no meditation at all. I still need help but I can get that from others who have gone beyond my own stage. I know where to look for that guidance.

It's one thing to know transcendence or write a thesis about it, it's another thing to experience it on a continual basis. Transcendence is NOT an altered state of consciousness. It is THE NATURAL state of consciousness.
Old 04-24-17, 08:51 PM   #77
Castout
Silent Hunter

@Skybird, the ego cannot be wholly annihilated. If someone told you that was possible he was lying or didn't know better.

The ego can be weakened though, to the point where a person no longer identifies with his ego. So, the person becomes merely a witnessing consciousness.

But the ego is still there, the personal identification is still there but it no longer controls the person meaning his intentions, desires, and anger are no longer caused by personal egoic reasons but they stem from the collective well-being of the whole.

An egoic person may become angry at a jerk who's harassing him. A more enlightened person may become angry to a jerk who's harassing another or he may get angry at a person who's also harassing him but only because that person is going to repeat that behavior to others. The anger isn't personal though so it doesn't linger and there's no thought of 'revenge'. To the eyes of the ignorant, they may seem the same.
That's all the difference.

The only way for the ego to be truly annihilated is in a deep meditation or dreamless sleep where there's no recollection of being. There's awareness without objects. Time passes unnoticed since there is nothing but the Self. One forgets his egoic existence (himself) in that state. There's awareness but not being. But this is temporary as the ego resurfaces in waking state. Well, unless one dies.

A fuller enlightenment is signified by a state of fearlessness and peace. They stem from the weakening of the ego and from knowing one's true nature. That this is all just an interactive movie. A dream of sort where nothing real can be imparted by us and to us. It's only real in being a flow of experience. The experience is real but everything else isn't. Just like in a dream.
Old 04-24-17, 09:18 PM   #78
Castout
Silent Hunter

@Skybird, in the middle of enlightenment process, the mind becomes quiets then it progressively becomes very quiet. One no longer jumps from one recollection to another. One no longer relives the past when recollecting past events.

This is due to detachment from one's own thought. That the person no longer identifies with his mind.

From that point, one begins to realize that he can take refuge in being. The result is peace when one pulls back from life into being...into pure awareness. One can't pull back into full awareness unless one's mind has been made quiet.

From that point, one begins to realize a distinct sense of fearlessness. There's much less worry of life. Partly because one operates from love. His intentions, desires are no longer self-centric so his 'good will' helps form this sense of fearlessness. However, primarily, this sense of fearlessness is formed through knowing the true nature of life. A dream doesn't scare the dreamer when he knows he's in one. One can may fear some things as the ego can't be fully annihilated such as Jesus being afraid of dying in the cross but aside from those extreme circumstances, one is generally fearless. Ideally speaking, an enlightened man would probably fight either like a Gurkha or a log. Meaning he would either be fighting fearlessly or he would be a total pacifist. It's his choice. If a pacifist then a fearless pacifist, LOL.
Old 04-25-17, 06:00 AM   #79
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
It seems you still need to carry your ego a bit longer.
Old 04-25-17, 06:27 AM   #80
Castout
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Thank you. I'll go check.

Quote:
it's interesting that you judged me without knowing me at all.

I thought you should know that.

Thesis on transcendence huh? You sure?
I'll go check to see if I'm still transcendent. Will report back within a week.

I suggest you check too. Just in case.

Quote:
I'm still transcendent, at least so 5 minutes ago. Please address me as 'The One' from now on. Thank you.

Last edited by Jimbuna; 04-25-17 at 10:33 AM.
Castout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-17, 07:06 AM   #81
Skybird
Soaring

[Sigh.]

While he entered the assembly hall with the monks, Huang-Po said: "The possession of many kinds of knowledge does not compare to giving up the search for them - that is the best of all things. There are no different kinds of mind, and there are no teachings that could be expressed in words. Since there is nothing to say, the assembly is hereby closed."

Said it, raised, and left.

-----

For somebody saying he transcended his ego, it nevertheless throws a long shadow on your life.
Old 04-25-17, 07:47 AM   #82
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

If you are transcendent, then you would know that Chairman Mao tried your moneyless idea. It was called "The Great Leap Forward." China suffers to this day and millions, perhaps tens of millions were murdered by foreseeable consequences. Your "transcendent" wish would kill BILLIONS. There is no good in your transcendence, so therefore it is not a goal worth pursuing or a skill worth teaching. It is pure garbage. It is a dangerous psychosis, not wisdom.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 04-25-17 at 08:10 AM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-17, 06:30 PM   #83
Castout
Silent Hunter

Quote:
[Sigh.]
For somebody saying he transcended his ego, it nevertheless throws a long shadow on your life.
What an arrogance to say that when you don't know anything about my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
If you are transcendent, then you would know that Chairman Mao tried your moneyless idea. It was called "The Great Leap Forward." China suffers to this day and millions, perhaps tens of millions were murdered by foreseeable consequences. Your "transcendent" wish would kill BILLIONS. There is no good in your transcendence, so therefore it is not a goal worth pursuing or a skill worth teaching. It is pure garbage. It is a dangerous psychosis, not wisdom.
Dangerous psychosis, LOL. So, Maslow's transcendence is a psychosis, and the field of transpersonal psychology is studiying psychosis, LOL. You have a lot of fear, LOL.

Yes, it is so dangerous it made me unable to kill a bee today after knowing it is sentient and intelligent, LOL. Perhaps it is only dangerous to you. Back in 2009/10 I was tailed by an assassin in the Pluit area. A young man of Chinese descent (I suspect he was working for the Singapore's regime). His clothes were expensive looking and it was obvious that he lifted weights regularly. He was addicted to murdering people. He quickly veered to the left as soon as I turned my head towards him. A messed-up regime employing a messed-up man.
I don't know what would happen if I were not transcendent.

Obviously you don't understand transcendence. God is infinite potentiality being manifested in the finite: men, animals, the unseen, ET (though I haven't glimpsed an ET). How much of that infinite potentiality is realized in the finite is up to the individuals themselves.

So men may realize some degree of that infinite potentiality, the most notable is the potentiality of omnipresence and omniscience across space-time but it doesn't mean that those who do have infinite potential...

In a perfectly enlightened man perhaps there could be infinite omnipresence and omniscience (but then the omniscience is just another side of the same coin, it depends on information gained from the potentiality of omnipresence). In short, I haven't met a perfectly enlightened man with a fully realized infinite potentiality of God.

This transcendence or Self-remembrance is usually gained and lost right away. It may happen on a continual basis but it is transient. So, there is a limit to it due to the potentiality not being fully realized.

A moneyless society requires a world government. It cannot be applied to single countries. Otherwise, those countries would end up bartering with one another which is not a resource-based economy is.

Last edited by Castout; 04-25-17 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-25-17, 08:11 PM   #84
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castout View Post
Back in 2009/10 I was tailed by an assassin in the Pluit area. A young man of Chinese descent (I suspect he was working for the Singapore's regime).

Old 04-25-17, 09:06 PM   #85
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
What an arrogance to say that when you don't know anything about my life.
Sorry dude, but I have seen and had many spiritually searching people like you - people who endlessly let their oh so spiritually aware ego babble about how ego-less they are, while the mere fact that they endlessly talk about their ego shows that their ego not only is not gone like they claim, but enjoys formidable health and size, and truly parties while setting up its show.

There is a name for this. False prophets. And they are legions. And since I see them doing real damage and leading people astray with all their intellectual super-dooper laserlight show and esoteric practicing, I am neither very patient nor forgiving in calling them out as what they are. I had to learn a lot from theory and practice just to learn that I must unlearn all this ballast - you mistake monitoring physiology with satori and and claim you could prove enlightenment in a laboratory. Sorry man - no way.

You fish for attention and applaus, that simple it is. And unfortunately, very many half-baken wannabe-messiahs, false prophets do like that. To the disadvantage of those who fall for them.

You know what the following is from, do you.

The One Essence that could be known,
Is not the Essence of the Unknowable.
The idea that could be imagined,
Is not the image of the Eternal.
Nameless is All-One, is inner essence.
Known by names is the All-Many, is outer form.
Resting without desires means to learn the infinite inside.
Acting with desires means to stay by the limited outside.
All-the-One and All-the-Many are of the same origin,
different only in appearance and in name.
What they have in common is the wonder of being.
The secret of this wonder
Is the gate to all understanding

The name of God is unpronouncable, say the Jews - so now stop making a fool of yourself by endlessly mounting words on words on words about your transcendence. Your ego still casts shadows as dark and undeniable as things can cast shadows. And the brighter you set the light of your transcendence to burn, the more contrasting this shadow will appear on the floor.

There is nothing to gain and nothing to acchieve in enlightenment. Nothing changes when you have enlightenment. More to know is not needed.

Sorry for being maybe rudely open, but you really ask for it.
Old 04-25-17, 09:33 PM   #86
Castout
Silent Hunter

Many people like me huh? Yet you don't even know me but claimed to have known me? One ignorant statement after another. Did I bruise your ego?
I never claimed about being ego-less. In fact, I wrote that it is impossible to annihilate the ego except in dreamless sleep or deep meditation where one forgets one's ego and time.

Wasn't it you who mentioned about egoless spirituality?

No, I didn't know that poem. It's beautiful.

Sorry for being rudely open? You have from a long time ago near the beginning tof this thread and well before...Don't be sorry, you're not sorry. I'm just reflecting your attitude here. You are not sorry and I'm not sorry...Well, I'm sorry for you but I'm not sorry for whatever I wrote here. You have no respect for me and I don't have any respect for you. So, the feeling is mutual although I don't share your condescending attitude. I don't desire the respect of anyone I have no respect for. So, no sorry is ever needed.

Last edited by Castout; 04-25-17 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-26-17, 07:01 AM   #87
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Many people like me huh? Yet you don't even know me but claimed to have known me? One ignorant statement after another. Did I bruise your ego?
I never claimed about being ego-less. In fact, I wrote that it is impossible to annihilate the ego except in dreamless sleep or deep meditation where one forgets one's ego and time.
Many people like you I have known who did the same thign like you: endlessly trying to cionvnce others how enlighted/satori-satisfied/transcended they are, ofteh in a bid to be accepted as kind of an authority on spiritual things - yes, many people I learnt like this, and you absolutely remind me of many of these. Some were students of mine, some where clients in other contexts, some were peope with whom i studied at university.

Quote:
No, I didn't know that poem. It's beautiful.
No? Its the very first part of the Tao Te King, reworded in my own (German) words. I have many German and English translations, and millions, literally, are available via the internet, I happened to not really have liked any of these from A to Z, some things all of them seem to do wrong here and there, so I did it again and did it up to my taste. Chinese cannot be easily translated lineraly like French into English. Its a very different thing. I had help by a sineologist, of course.

Quote:
Sorry for being rudely open? You have from a long time ago near the beginning tof this thread and well before...Don't be sorry, you're not sorry. I'm just reflecting your attitude here. You are not sorry and I'm not sorry...Well, I'm sorry for you but I'm not sorry for whatever I wrote here. You have no respect for me and I don't have any respect for you. So, the feeling is mutual although I don't share your condescending attitude. I don't desire the respect of anyone I have no respect for. So, no sorry is ever needed.
You were preaching, both on the economic argument, and on your transcendence thing. Sorry man, if somebody so stubbornly insists on himself being transcended, this is best evidence that he is not, and if he claims he can prove it under laboratory conditions, mistaking the monitoring of physiological variables with transcendence, this revelas a seriosu lack of understanding for the rules of scientifc work and interpretation, and experimental methodology.

For somebody claiming he transcended himself, you simply are too eager to make people believe you and applaude your deep insight and authority on things. I can assure you as a former psychologist: dont worry your ego, its strong and steaming with power. But ego and transcendence are mutually exclusive. Because transcendence means much more than altering physiological variables under lab conditions, nor do these "prove" anything more than just what they are: a display of altering physiological variables, the rest is just subjective interpretation, hear-say, wishful thinking at times. Maslow btw had little illusions about this, he would not agree with some of the claims you have made in here. Thats why it is so hard for science to actually prove "spiritualty"-related things and claims and observations. I have serious doubts that it can be done, but I still believe that it should be tried, religion must be an object of scientific examination, due to the enormous power it has over people and due to the poltical authority that is claimed on its grounds - if something has so much power to influence your life for the good or worse, you better have a very very very sharp look at it and leading it on a very short line.

Not favouring the noble,
And people do have no envy.
Not calling possessions a precious,
And people do have no greed.
Not holding what is desired in high esteem,
And people’s hearts stay unattached.

Therefore the wise man:
What people need, he gives.
What people desire, he refuses.
When people’s desires dwindle,
Their true inner strength appears.
Resting with a contented heart
Leaves intelligence innocent.
The deed is well-done,
When it’s wisdom has no ambition.
Acting without ambition,
And all good is caused all by itself

Too many too strong ambitions at your end, buddy.
Old 04-26-17, 09:24 AM   #88
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

If one were transcendent, he would not espouse an idea which necessarily would result in murdering billions of people, condemning them to life without reliable food supply, without medical care, without decent swelling places, without human rights. The dead would be the fortunate ones. That's a transcendent quote from Robert Lewis Stephenson's Treasure Island.

Therefore you are a dangerous poseur, if anyone were foolish enough to be convinced by you, which is unlikely. It's not even necessary to disagree with you. Your own rants discredit your message, making actual disagreement unnecessary. The worst thing for you would be for a couple of people to encourage you and agree with you. You would convince everyone you're off the reservation then. Skybird and I are actually doing you a favor by exposing flaws in your reasoning.

Just like a nation's first obligation is the safety of its people, the individual's first obligation is to act in his own self-interest. You're not.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 04-26-17 at 09:36 AM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-17, 09:19 PM   #89
Castout
Silent Hunter

@Skybird

Eager? another ignorant statement born out of prejudice...I don't even bother to read the rest.
I see you're living in a fantasy land of your mind.

Judging by how you write stuff out of prejudices, you are exhibiting psychopathic traits. No educated man can write that BS and call it an honest opinion.

Eager how? I was merely stating what I know.

Last edited by Castout; 04-26-17 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-26-17, 09:23 PM   #90
Castout
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
If one were transcendent, he would not espouse an idea which necessarily would result in murdering billions of people, condemning them to life without reliable food supply, without medical care, without decent swelling places, without human rights. The dead would be the fortunate ones. That's a transcendent quote from Robert Lewis Stephenson's Treasure Island.

Therefore you are a dangerous poseur, if anyone were foolish enough to be convinced by you, which is unlikely. It's not even necessary to disagree with you. Your own rants discredit your message, making actual disagreement unnecessary. The worst thing for you would be for a couple of people to encourage you and agree with you. You would convince everyone you're off the reservation then. Skybird and I are actually doing you a favor by exposing flaws in your reasoning.

Just like a nation's first obligation is the safety of its people, the individual's first obligation is to act in his own self-interest. You're not.

My intention was to open this for a healthy discussion but instead most people are hostile. I guess many here just can't have a healthy exchange of ideas.

I espouse the murdering of billions? without human rights, medical care, reliable food supply?

And you talk about the flaws in my arguments. I was merely presenting an idea and to have exchanges of ideas.

You guys need to grow up.

Quote:
Therefore you are a dangerous poseur, if anyone were foolish enough to be convinced by you, which is unlikely.
That statement is contradictory.....First you mention I am a dangerous poseur then you say it is unlikely for anyone to be convinced by me.
So what is so dangerous about me again?

If I were to say to the world: People, We need to abolish our technological advancement and live purely out of nature, would I be dangerous? Unlikely as it doesn't make sense to abandon technological advancement. The application could be aimed for more sustainability but certainly not abandonment.

You write for just the sake to argue? Like little spoiled children because you're not making any sense. Either you're dishonest or just plain stupid. Your pick.

Last edited by Castout; 04-26-17 at 09:35 PM.