SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-02-10, 07:52 PM   #1456
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonarman View Post
The UZO stadimeter readings seem way off, by about 700m when aligned with top of masts, readings with the scopes seem ok.

When using the stadimeter in conjunction with the notepad the angle value is showing correctly as you use the stadimeter. If however you then click the range button again the range is shown in the angle field.

The new system in the SH5 TDC box allows for the user to type the numeric values in directly perhaps this would be good to add to the notepad too.

Noticed that the draggable compasses jump a fair distance when you flip them, it might be better if they stayed in the same location.

Going to try and get my poor crew injured now... it's all in the line of duty!
I was actually getting very good readings with the UZO and all scopes in fact.

Don't think I'll be able to add the ability to type in the numerical values for the notepad.

Each draggable compass is a seperate entity thus they each act independent of each other. You want that behavior changed to one slaves to the other?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-10, 08:01 PM   #1457
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Default Sonar Station UI

Thank you for fixing the Sonar Station View.

Any chance of getting "Esitmate Range" and "Precise Range" to Target buttons added to the UI?

Thanks!

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-10, 08:04 PM   #1458
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Each draggable compass is a seperate entity thus they each act independent of each other. You want that behavior changed to one slaves to the other?
No, I see that now that should be fine.

Not sure it's anything to do with the mod, but noticed a large slowdown now after coming out of high TC and some graphical anomalies... as you turn your head in the bridge the lighting on the sea disappears all of a sudden. Also standing at the aft end of the bridge and turing your head you can see occasional flashes of crewmen floating above the stern area of the sub.
Old 05-02-10, 08:06 PM   #1459
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
No, I see that now that should be fine.

Not sure it's anything to do with the mod, but noticed a large slowdown after coming out of high TC and some graphical anomalies... as you turn your head in the bridge the lighting on the sea disappears all of a sudden. Also standing at the aft end of the bridge and turing your head you can see occasional flashes of crewmen floating above the stern area of the sub.
wouldn't think it being the mod as it's only doing 2D rendering. What video card are you using and how much memory does it have? How much system memory do you have?
Old 05-02-10, 08:13 PM   #1460
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

added a button to the nav map that will control the showing of the TDC dials on it. As you can see the TDC dials will 'layout' according to the TDC mode user has selected (just like in the UZO, attack, and obs views)
Old 05-02-10, 08:14 PM   #1461
Sonarman
The Old Man

Quote:
wouldn't think it being the mod as it's only doing 2D rendering. What video card are you using and how much memory does it have? How much system memory do you have?
its a 1GB Ati 4670 with 2GB system memory. Although it's a fairly old card it's been running everything fine so far. What I'll do is try the same mission with the previous version of the mod to see what happens, Thanks.
Old 05-02-10, 08:15 PM   #1462
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
its a 1GB Ati 4670 with 2GB system memory. Although it's a fairly old card it's been running everything fine so far.
that seems more than adequate. Who knows. I haven't experienced that anomoly yet but I have an nVidia GTX 280.
Old 05-02-10, 08:38 PM   #1463
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Thank you for fixing the Sonar Station View.

Any chance of getting "Esitmate Range" and "Precise Range" to Target buttons added to the UI?

Thanks!
They are in the sonar officer's orders under hydrophone or sonar I believe.

EDIT:

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 05-02-10 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-02-10, 08:43 PM   #1464
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
The UZO stadimeter readings seem way off, by about 700m when aligned with top of masts, readings with the scopes seem ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Notepad display hidden behind Crew Warning Text Box and SHIII dials in all view.
Just tried the stadimeter again in UZO. Target was 8000m away. Took a stadimeter reading and got 8205 and 7910 on the tries. Seems to be working good

Fixed the problem of the notepad being hidden by the SH3/4 dials when you're in that UI mode.

Nobody has commented about the officer's orders and order bar categories flashing twice on selection....don't like it? I thought it was pretty cool feedback letting you know it was doing something.

Old 05-02-10, 09:02 PM   #1465
Sonarman
The Old Man

Quote:
Nobody has commented about the officer's orders and order bar categories flashing twice on selection....don't like it? I thought it was pretty cool feedback letting you know it was doing something.
I think it's a very nice feature. Just put my crew through hell to test the new "injured icons" they work really well too !!

Tried the same PQ-17 mission on v2.00 of the mod the graphic problems were indeed still there, must be stock issues. I didn't think it slowed down much if at all this time after coming out of high TC though.
Old 05-02-10, 09:20 PM   #1466
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I think it's a very nice feature. Just put my crew through hell to test the new "injured icons" they work really well too !!

Tried the same PQ-17 mission on v2.00 of the mod the graphic problems were indeed still there, must be stock issues. I didn't think it slowed down much if at all this time after coming out of high TC though.
going to add notepad entries for when they change state (healthy, wounded, and dead) and I think I'll make them flash 3 times when they change state to grab your attention to it.
Old 05-02-10, 10:34 PM   #1467
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

now that we have notepads available for the UZO, attack, and Obs scopes we are also running out of screen real estate for everything, especially when TDC dials are involved. To help alleviate the Gyroangle being in the way of the notepads in the scopes I've made it draggable so you can reposition it out of the way
Old 05-03-10, 03:24 AM   #1468
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

What do you think about integrating all TDC modes in one mode?
Is it possible?
OFF/MIN/FULL - no dials / minimal / full dials

(Paint.NET)

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-10, 07:13 AM   #1469
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antar View Post
What do you think about integrating all TDC modes in one mode?
Is it possible?
OFF/MIN/FULL - no dials / minimal / full dials
yes it is possible. It will be a lot of work for me to do though I like the idea because then I can take items related to TDC out of the options file
Old 05-03-10, 07:45 AM   #1470
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42

very nice work, dude!!!

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui