SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: How would you prefer?
All in a single mod (only 1 Big Mod) 42 52.50%
Just the way it is (in parts) 38 47.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-12, 12:12 PM   #121
Newinger
A-ganger

Downloads: 246
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobas View Post
IŽve done it in mine. IŽll explain in post 1, when have some time, what my TDW UI options and commands cfg does. In the meanwhile you can edit your own.
Changing TDW UI style is not a problem -- the problem is that the keybindings in your mod collection don't fit the included keybinding help files. So perhaps include a list of the keybindings of your mod, then everything is good.
Newinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 06:15 PM   #122
Typhaon
Sailor man

Downloads: 24

Well I just got SH5 (patched) and installed this mod... but I won't work for me...

I can activate parts 1-4 without problems, but when I try to activate part 5, the game freezes just after the loading bar and I never get into the game...

Specs:

AMD Phenom 9750 Quadcore
Nvidia Geforce GTS 250
2 GB RAM

Is it possible, that my system is simply not capable of running these mods, or is it something else?
As I said its all about part 5... which I want most...
Typhaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 06:21 PM   #123
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhaon View Post
Well I just got SH5 (patched) and installed this mod... but I won't work for me...

I can activate parts 1-4 without problems, but when I try to activate part 5, the game freezes just after the loading bar and I never get into the game...

Specs:

AMD Phenom 9750 Quadcore
Nvidia Geforce GTS 250
2 GB RAM

Is it possible, that my system is simply not capable of running these mods, or is it something else?
As I said its all about part 5... which I want most...
From first post:

First thing you notice using this part is that the game loading time is quite longer. In my machine it takes about 7 minutes to load a "New campaign". Not big issue, (just take a coffee, OR THREE , in between). Once started , to load a "saved game" takes less than 2 minutes.
Sometimes it takes 10 minutes to load, so just give it time.

Edit: Sorry i saw now your 2 GB of Ram , i think you simply canŽt load part 5 with so few Ram. Even with 4 GB there are issues. Good luck.

Last edited by pedrobas; 02-11-12 at 06:41 PM.
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-12, 12:34 AM   #124
Typhaon
Sailor man

And that does show before actually starting a game already? I thought I should at least get to the main menu no matter what....
Old 02-12-12, 02:04 AM   #125
youpi
Watch

Downloads: 67

Waow exactly what I'm trying to do yesterday...I had not seen your post before ! Great works so many thanks...

Just a few question do I need these mods and where can I put them in that case ?

-Historical Ship Equipment 1.3
-AirTorpedoes
-A Fistful of Emblems v1.51
-Black_Skin_albrecht
-Church's NavMap v1.0
-Icebergs v2.4
-Officers skin by Naights
-Old Style Explosions V1.1
-SteelViking&Community's Underwater Mod
-SD_MapCourseLine_tiny_arrows_ocred
-SD_MapLocationNameFix_v1_2
-Emtgufs Aspect ratio 16_9
-SAS special abilities simplified
-AOB slide ruller for TDW UIs and MO by stoianm
-Kriegsmarine Grid Map for MO and TDW UIs by stoianm
-sobers realistic hydrophone operator SH5

There is a translation FR for the Open Horizon 2 where can I put it ? (yes I'm french).

Thank you
youpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-12, 02:18 AM   #126
Tolkemec
Torpedoman

Downloads: 131

Typhaon, imaybe you could try to install only OHII instead of all p5... Mtns is really demanding. Mtns is the cherry on top of the cake, but I would call OHII the cake. And be pation on the loading screen. Getting to the main menu can take some time, and the screen will be black, have faith. THEN, when you select a new campaign, you will have to wait the 7 minutes pedro is talking about. For me, getting to my sub usually takes me 15 minuts! Good luck!
Tolkemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-12, 02:36 AM   #127
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael13 View Post
L button for clock is from SDBSM mod (as many other buttons, which wasn't used in vanilla game).
Also, "L" is defined to hide/show message box in TDW's UI.

So TDW's ..\data\Scripts\Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py should be changed to be compatible with SDBSM mod, pedrobas, if you still didn't it. There quite much conflicting hotkeys.
not shure if my options files for TDW NewUI`s 6.9.0 is part of MMM but i highly recommend using it, maybe also just as a base for customizing, because it spare much work then (Message box hotkey should have allready another combination with this, but isnt needed anyway because of auto hiding menue elements...)

Download Stormy`s options files for NewUi`s 6.9.0 and SDBSM
(Helpful config files for TDW`s NewUI`s 6.9.0 and SDBSM)
http://subsim.armedassault.eu/Stormy...ions_files.rar

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-12, 07:08 AM   #128
Newinger
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhaon View Post
the game freezes just after the loading bar and I never get into the game...
Maybe the game only seems as if it would freeze. With 4 GB RAM, after the loading bar, it takes about 1 minute where there's only a black screen and a strangely looped sound, but after that the main menu appears. Perhaps with 2GB you just need to wait even a little longer?
Old 02-12-12, 12:57 PM   #129
Typhaon
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newinger View Post
Maybe the game only seems as if it would freeze. With 4 GB RAM, after the loading bar, it takes about 1 minute where there's only a black screen and a strangely looped sound, but after that the main menu appears. Perhaps with 2GB you just need to wait even a little longer?
Yeah, I think a must train my patience... I thought the looping sound indicated a freeze... but eventually I get into the menu...
I also messed around with the mods included and discovered some strange things... I tried to load those single mods which I thought might be best for gameplay experience from this mod pack and the following things happened:

1. Loading OHII (even light) causes graphic glitches (strange texture overlays or blinding bloom) in the submarine bunker... getting into the sub when starting a mission solves this issue... even if I go on deck in the bunker again... strange.

2. Loading my favourite mod loadout (OHII with MTNS and several other small mods) make the game CTD when loading a new champaign.

3. Strange enough using this mega mod, which includes all these mods along with several more mods does not cause a CTD...

This is very strange indeed, since I though that using the single mods (and less mods overall) would improve things...

Well I will just try on till I find my solution...
Old 02-12-12, 01:20 PM   #130
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

From the first post:
Quote:
As TheDarkWraith said in his thread of "Magnum Opus" (which was my first inspiration):
"Realize that I have to edit some of these mods to make them compatible with the others. I also have edited some of them to my liking thus they may appear just slightly different from their stand-alone mod." So is not a matter of copy one mod after another to make a "one big mod".
If you want to use mnts+OHII you should read this: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192061
Old 02-12-12, 03:53 PM   #131
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Im working now on version 0.2 of MMM after the new OHII v1.7 (thanks Trevally) and the new update of mnts for OHII (many thanks to Uekel, who did almost all my work for part 5). This night iŽll start the tedious process of uploading, due to my crap connection.
Old 02-12-12, 08:08 PM   #132
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Included "Compatible Conus00's Graphic Mod+SV's work" in part 2
Old 02-12-12, 09:15 PM   #133
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

And also included in part 2 is "Pascal-sh5-Crew-Uniforms. 12.2011"
Old 02-13-12, 07:19 AM   #134
Newinger
A-ganger

Quote:
Im working now on version 0.2 of MMM after the new OHII v1.7 (thanks Trevally) and the new update of mnts for OHII (many thanks to Uekel, who did almost all my work for part 5). This night iŽll start the tedious process of uploading, due to my crap connection.
Thanks for your work! Already looking forward to updating.
Old 02-13-12, 08:37 AM   #135
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

After have been testing with silenotto, iŽve found several problems that iŽm trying to correct, so v0.2 will be uploaded when everything is ok. Sorry.