SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-09-12, 01:52 AM   #121
Gargamel
Lucky Sailor

Downloads: 81
Uploads: 0

I would like to see a bistable server for this. Where each of a few players are responsible for a certain section of a space station and then put it into orbit. Kinda like having a different country add their part to a space station.

Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-12, 08:49 AM   #122
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
I guess that my question got missed so I will ask again more clearly.

When I add in more than one mod and they happen to have the exact same file what do I do?

For example the Kosmos mods have a plugin file named MuMechLib.dll MechJeb also has a plugin with the exact same name.According to the D/L page the Kosmos mods require that you also have Mechjeb how do I do this if they both share a plugin file with the same name?

Change the names of the files or keep both files or what?Or maybe you stack them with the required one on top..confused I cant seem to find a clear answer anywhere.

EDIT: Never mind each Kosmos pack comes with the .dll for MechJeb and electrical energy but they each came with rather useless read mes I figured it out by hovering the .dlls.
Nice that they included the needed files if only they'd have explained this.Actually they do have tow rad mes one basic one that tells you little and then a second one that tells of the included .dlls it just is not right in your face.
Its okay, it happens, I tent to find that KSP mods come without much in the way of instruction manuals.
Old 12-09-12, 08:54 AM   #123
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Some mods have the needed plugins, like MuMech (that´s MechJeb), inside for user convinience, but often they are out-dated. Be sure to use the plugins from the mod itself, in that case a fresh DL from MechJeb.

I once did that mistake and went a version down on MJ, resulting in tons of errors. Took me some time to figure that out.

Casey, I also noted that. You often DL a more complicated mod and there is not the slightest instruction - oh how I hate that!
Since SpacePort opened, this bad habit seem to change though...
Old 12-09-12, 10:07 AM   #124
Hene
Watch

Downloads: 25

Been working on planes as launching rockets around gets boring after a while. Managed to build a plane capable of flying around kerbin, called SSTP IB. Short for supasekrettestplein. Modified from IA by adding two extra ram intakes to the front and by remembering to add the fuel lines.

27 minutes into the flight, plenty of fuel left. Looking good.

This CANNOT end well

and KABOO- wait, it didn't explode? something strange is going on.

Yup, all around. and lots of fuel left. seems a bit too easy considering this plane was literally thrown together in three minutes.

Modified this into IC by moving the wings back a bit to give it a better center of lift for when the plane has consumed the frontmost tanks. As you can see, the test flight was a success.

and my KSP album for pics for the other parts of the flight and some other random stuff
http://s1049.photobucket.com/albums/s385/Hene900/KSP/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargamel View Post
I would like to see a bistable server for this. Where each of a few players are responsible for a certain section of a space station and then put it into orbit. Kinda like having a different country add their part to a space station.
Wouldn't this be doable by passing around a persistence file? First someone uploads a file with the core module, then someone adds his own module to it and uploads the new one and then someone adds his own to it and so on until we end up with this ridiculously big station that no ones computer can run and we have start all over again. Could be interesting. Although we would have to decide whose turn it is next so we don't end up with 485 different stations.
Hene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-12, 12:24 PM   #125
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
Some mods have the needed plugins, like MuMech (that´s MechJeb), inside for user convinience, but often they are out-dated. Be sure to use the plugins from the mod itself, in that case a fresh DL from MechJeb.

I once did that mistake and went a version down on MJ, resulting in tons of errors. Took me some time to figure that out.

Casey, I also noted that. You often DL a more complicated mod and there is not the slightest instruction - oh how I hate that!
Since SpacePort opened, this bad habit seem to change though...
What I did was use the most recent version of MechJeb and it worked fine.I had also mistakenly added both the most recent set for Kosmos and the 0.17 set which made things a little screwy once i corrected that the Kosmos stuff worked well.I think most of the problems where being caused by the old Kosmos parts.

It really confused MechJeb made for some very funny flights.Needless to say though with Kosmos parts you can create some insanely massive rockets.

Now my only little problem is that I have been getting a crash sometimes when I save in the assembly building luckily the files gets saved before the crash.I am building some rather large rockets though around 88 parts and it is a memory related crash it spikes for some reason after the save file is created.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-12, 12:43 PM   #126
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Given that attempts to get a lander to the Mun with the current Kerblas design have hit some technical flaws:

I designed to have a play with the spaceplanes, and created what I've called the 'Tin Triangle', bet you can't guess why!

Ignore Donald Rumsfeld in the background, that was the prototypes flight...

Beauty shot

I then returned for landing and smashed it all over the runway....but I have had one successful landing in the thing, unfortunately the retarding parachutes don't work and so I run out of runway every time.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-12, 01:04 PM   #127
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

88 parts is still very OK, Ive seen way crazier rockets. Maybe it is a mod you use that causes the trouble?
Old 12-09-12, 01:21 PM   #128
Stealhead
Navy Seal

I only have the Kosmos stuff Mechjeb,Electroenrgy and Power tech.Maybe something is wacky with Kosmos still.

Another problem I seem to be having is with Kosmos when I make a separate stage and then mount a coupler under the engines of a stage it is a wobbly mess at that point in flight so I must not be properly connecting them or maybe I need to use a specific connector but there are no Kosmos specific ones short of the one for the capsule.

I can build a solid capsule and even add the cargo deal the RCS tanks and the solar arrays no problem that stays together fine and so does a single stage rocket.But when I try to make a stage it is never secure so with Kosmos I can only make a single stage main rocket with boosters.

What am doing wrong with staging the Kosmos stuff how do I make it secure?
Old 12-09-12, 01:28 PM   #129
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 36

Electroengery and powertech are outdated.

Also, what part of Florida do you live in?
Old 12-09-12, 01:37 PM   #130
Stealhead
Navy Seal

North central nearest large city is Daytona.
Old 12-09-12, 01:40 PM   #131
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 36

I've noticed a lot of KSP users seem to be from Florida. Wonder if watching the shuttle launches as kids influenced us.
Old 12-09-12, 02:22 PM   #132
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

On a side note, I was always jealous about that!
I would have loved it to see a launch with my own eyes.... and now the STS program is over
Old 12-09-12, 02:36 PM   #133
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Something is wrong again I added a MechJeb part and then closed the menu now it wont seem to open again even after restarting the game.What key makes it open if there is one.Used to be upon part attachment it came up now it does not.Nor does it appear on the right hand side in missions.Also seems like some of the Kosmos ships that can be loaded up are missing from the list.

I am just going to re-install and try again without ever placing anything out of date in.I am also going to only use the Kosmos set that is up to date with 0.18(why they don't update them all at once rather then all patchy like is beyond me)

Last edited by Stealhead; 12-09-12 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-09-12, 02:54 PM   #134
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Stealhead, I suggest you re-download KSP completely and install the mods of your choice again to get a clean KSP. Be extra careful if they are compatible with .18.1 already.

To me it simply sounds like a modded-to-death game. Since KSP is small, its a quick thing to do.

I suggest you rename your current KSP folder into "KSP_win_bkp" and copy the "patcher.exe" into a new created "KSP_win" folder and run it. This way, you wont lose any old stuff, just in case.

After that, you may want to check my mods list, they all work fine and offer all you need to blow up some Kerbals

Quote:
Mods I use:
  • [0.18.1] KW RocketryOverhauled*
  • ISA MapSat 3.3.4
  • Kosmos TKS Pack [0.18]*
  • RemoteTech 0.4.0.1*
  • Anatid Robotics / MuMech – MechJeb – Autopilot – v1.9.5
  • Mini/Mega Sepratrons [0.18] – Robau’s Warehouse*
  • Crew Tank Command Pod [0.18] – Robau’s Warehouse*
  • Cupola Space Station Module
  • SN Service Module*
  • ExPI Space Stations 0.4*

*Modified by myself for convenience and/or realism and/or efficiency
Old 12-09-12, 03:23 PM   #135
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Yeah I am going to try that because none of the Kosmos parts are showing up at all and MechJeb is dead.