SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-06-08, 03:09 PM   #1321
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowddy
can you run this MOD along with RFB_v1.52_102408 and RFB_v1.52_Patch_111608??

if i try that i get a warning saying that "Enabeling this MOD *may* have adverse effects on your game. Are you sure you wish to enable this MOD?? yes or NO??"

does this mean i gotta choose between 1 of them?

I get the same message with the Enviromental 5.0 MOD for that mather.
YES

from the first post of this thread

Quote:
RFB for SH4v15

Current Version

RSRDC_RFBv15_v396

Links:

http://files.filefront.com/RSRDC+RFB.../fileinfo.html

Install with JSGME in the following order

RFB_v152
RFB_patches (if required)
RSRDC_RFBv15_v396
Do "NOT" run "Enviromental 5.0 MOD" with RFB
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-08, 03:40 PM   #1322
Rowddy
Gunner

Downloads: 202
Uploads: 0

right thanks for the info i was reading but i couldn't figure it quite out. So the overwriting from the list of files with the warning should be ignored in this case.

Last edited by Rowddy; 12-06-08 at 03:41 PM.
Rowddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 05:36 PM   #1323
Hydra
Mate

Downloads: 149

I seem to have a conflict with RFB and RSRDC. I'm able to run RFB 1.52 and it's latest 11/16 patch fine. When I install RSRDC v.396 for RFB, every time I start a new career or single mission (haven't tried campaign) SH4 stops running after a very short interval. I've used SS, Gato and Tambor submarines from Surubayu and Pearl, in 1941, 1942, and 1944. When I remove RSRDC, SH4 runs fine. I ran RFB and RSRDC by themselves with no other mods and with other mods but it doesn't make a difference. Any idea what could be causing this? I really like the RSRDC mod but it won't work for me.
Old 12-08-08, 07:06 PM   #1324
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra
I seem to have a conflict with RFB and RSRDC. I'm able to run RFB 1.52 and it's latest 11/16 patch fine. When I install RSRDC v.396 for RFB, every time I start a new career or single mission (haven't tried campaign) SH4 stops running after a very short interval. I've used SS, Gato and Tambor submarines from Surubayu and Pearl, in 1941, 1942, and 1944. When I remove RSRDC, SH4 runs fine. I ran RFB and RSRDC by themselves with no other mods and with other mods but it doesn't make a difference. Any idea what could be causing this? I really like the RSRDC mod but it won't work for me.

Quote:
SH4 stops running after a very short interval.
Define the above statement, Provide "details"

Also what "other" mods do you have installed ?
Old 12-08-08, 07:29 PM   #1325
Hydra
Mate

These are my current mods:
RFB_v1.52_102408
RFB_v1.52_Patch_111608
Map Colour Original with terrain
Rel_SH4_BBC_1939_to_1945
MyMenu
OPCFv1_red_RFBv1.52
DeckGun3Zoom
DeckgunPos
DeckgunReloadHalf
3000 Yard S-18 Class Bearing Tool
TMOPlot Final

At one point, I only had RFB, its patch, and RSRDC v.396 without any mods, and I had the same problem.

As far as other details, what do you need? I can reload RSRDC again and do anything you would like. Let me know what details I need to report to you. With respect to the short interval, it usually occurred within 15 to 30 minutes game time with time compression. In real time, it would occurr within about a minute.
Old 12-08-08, 07:48 PM   #1326
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
These are my current mods:
RFB_v1.52_102408
RFB_v1.52_Patch_111608
Map Colour Original with terrain
Rel_SH4_BBC_1939_to_1945
MyMenu
OPCFv1_red_RFBv1.52
DeckGun3Zoom
DeckgunPos
DeckgunReloadHalf
3000 Yard S-18 Class Bearing Tool
TMOPlot Final

At one point, I only had RFB, its patch, and RSRDC v.396 without any mods, and I had the same problem.

As far as other details, what do you need? I can reload RSRDC again and do anything you would like. Let me know what details I need to report to you. With respect to the short interval, it usually occurred within 15 to 30 minutes game time with time compression. In real time, it would occurr within about a minute.
Remove all mods with JSGME

Reinstall RFB plus Patch and RSRDC in this order per the install instructions on the first post

Install with JSGME in the following order

RFB_v152
RFB_patches (if required)
RSRDC_RFBv15_v396

retest and report results

Since RSRDC v396 was used by the RFB test team for several months without error, I strongly suspect that one of these other mods you reported is the root cause of your problem.

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 12-08-08 at 08:09 PM.
Old 12-08-08, 08:48 PM   #1327
Hydra
Mate

Removed all mods, reinstalled RFB and patch and RSRDC. Only three mods.
Started a new career from Manila on 12/8/41 outside the harbor. Assignd USS Pollack - Porpoise. Ran at ahead standard (15 kts) at course 0 degrees north. Went 1x time compression for 5 minutes game time, 5 minutes game time at 2x, about 2 minutes at 4x and got program stopped working crash. Traveled less than 6000 yards.

Edit: Removed RSRDC and RFB patch 111608. Reinstalled RSRDC with RFB. New career 1/12/42 at Pearl Harbor with USS Triton - Tambor class. Started outside harbor, course due west - 270 degress. Ahead standard - 16 kts. Time 12.00. 4 min. game time at 1x time compression, 4 min game time at 2x, 4 minutes game time at 4x, about 2 minutes game time at 8x and game stopped working. Traveled about 7000 yards. Using Vista 32.

Last edited by Hydra; 12-08-08 at 09:10 PM.
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 09:03 PM   #1328
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Removed all mods, reinstalled RFB and patch and RSRDC. Only three mods.
Started a new career from Manila on 12/8/41 outside the harbor. Assignd USS Pollack - Porpoise. Ran at ahead standard (15 kts) at course 0 degrees north. Went 1x time compression for 5 minutes game time, 5 minutes game time at 2x, about 2 minutes at 4x and got program stopped working crash. Traveled less than 6000 yards.
I have no idea what to tell you. I will look into it, but I don't thing I'm going to find any thing. Are you starting a "new career" or are you using a "saved" career ?

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 12-08-08 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-08-08, 09:12 PM   #1329
Hydra
Mate

New careers, see my edited post above for more info. Thanks.
Old 12-08-08, 09:27 PM   #1330
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
New careers, see my edited post above for more info. Thanks.

As I stated before, I don't know what to tell you. Never seen or heard of a problem like this.
Old 12-08-08, 09:40 PM   #1331
Hydra
Mate

Lurker, I appreciate your time in trying to work out this problem. Computers are more than 1s and 0s, they're downright quirkey, frustrating and wonderful at the same time. I've enjoyed RSRD with TMO and maybe sometime in the fuure I will be able to use RSRDC with RFB. Thank you for creating RSRD.
Old 12-09-08, 01:08 AM   #1332
Rowddy
Gunner

Downloads: 202

wenn i start up i get the menu screen then i choose load mission and i crash to Desktop also wenn i deinstall RSRDC again, it and all runs well again.

i have the following MODS:

RFB_v1.52_102408
RFB_v1.52_Patch-111608
BBC 1939-1945
gramaphone one
Pre pearl Harbor start V2
Torpedocausticsfix34
RUIM v1.0
UBM missionpack
webster's fast time Compression near land
radio Station manager
and some skins

Last edited by Rowddy; 12-09-08 at 06:15 AM.
Rowddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-08, 05:52 AM   #1333
kwbgjh2
Bosun

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Lurker, I appreciate your time in trying to work out this problem. Computers are more than 1s and 0s, they're downright quirkey, frustrating and wonderful at the same time. I've enjoyed RSRD with TMO and maybe sometime in the fuure I will be able to use RSRDC with RFB. Thank you for creating RSRD.
To me it seems that you have nearly the same intention as me: maximal fun with maximal mods. :rotfl::rotfl:

My only advice to you is to have enough harddisk space. I killed several times my SH4 Installition with enabling and disabling mods. Once corrupted you have no chance to make it correct work again.

After all now i have 5 installations of SH4 on my HD. The first is the original SH4 installation with the U-Boat Missions Addon in my folder c:\programs\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific. THIS ONE I NEVER TOUCH.

My procedure for using mods:

I copy the folder "Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific" into my folder c:\games.

I rename the folder for the mod i want to install, ex. : RFB.
I copy into this folder JSGM and the program MultiSH4.exe (with the help of this program you can change the default name of the "Save folder" of SH4.). I once start JSGME to get the folder "Mods" created. I close JSGME und run MultiSH4 and give the "Save folder" the mod's name, here: RFB.
Then i copy into folder "Mods" all Mods i want to use with this installation and enable them with JSGME.

My installations are so far: clean one, TMO, RFB, OM500, Test (for mods i am not sure if i like them).

U must have a clean installation because the supermods like TMO or RFB do so extensive changes to the game that u can never be sure that this 100% disabled by JSGME.
And if you handle it this way it will be much easier to find out which mod is making troubles to your system.

kwbgjh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-08, 07:20 AM   #1334
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowddy
wenn i start up i get the menu screen then i choose load mission and i crash to Desktop also wenn i deinstall RSRDC again, it and all runs well again.

i have the following MODS:

RFB_v1.52_102408
RFB_v1.52_Patch-111608
BBC 1939-1945
gramaphone one
Torpedocausticsfix34
RUIM v1.0
UBM missionpack
webster's fast time Compression near land
radio Station manager
and some skins
This is the cause of your CTD

Quote:
From the first post of this thread

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...17&postcount=1

These files should NOT be installed if you're using any version of Run Silent Run Deep, The Campaign! You will lose some of the available choices from RSRD if you install this over it. I'm sorry, but I cannot create an RSRD version. This file only affects the American Career when using the SH4 U-Boat Add-on.

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 12-09-08 at 07:21 AM.
Old 12-09-08, 09:03 AM   #1335
Hydra
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwbgjh2
Quote:
To me it seems that you have nearly the same intention as me: maximal fun with maximal mods. :rotfl::rotfl:

My only advice to you is to have enough harddisk space. I killed several times my SH4 Installition with enabling and disabling mods. Once corrupted you have no chance to make it correct
work again.

After all now i have 5 installations of SH4 on my HD. The first is the original SH4 installation with the U-Boat Missions Addon in my folder c:\programs\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific. THIS ONE I NEVER TOUCH.

My procedure for using mods:

I copy the folder "Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific" into my folder c:\games.

I rename the folder for the mod i want to install, ex. : RFB.
I copy into this folder JSGM and the program MultiSH4.exe (with the help of this program you can change the default name of the "Save folder" of SH4.). I once start JSGME to get the folder "Mods" created. I close JSGME und run MultiSH4 and give the "Save folder" the mod's name, here: RFB.
Then i copy into folder "Mods" all Mods i want to use with this installation and enable them with JSGME.

My installations are so far: clean one, TMO, RFB, OM500, Test (for mods i am not sure if i like them).

U must have a clean installation because the supermods like TMO or RFB do so extensive changes to the game that u can never be sure that this 100% disabled by JSGME.
And if you handle it this way it will be much easier to find out which mod is making troubles to your system.

Thanks for your suggestion. Thing is, I recently reinstalled SH4 and ver. 1.5. Then I added RFB, its patch, and RSRDC. These were the only mods on my fresh reinstall. And I had this problem with only these three mods.