SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-27-12, 12:36 PM   #1306
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

I saw one retex for the dragonplate that had removed the...er... "codpiece" portion of the cuirass. Completely. And whoever did the screenshot was also using a nude mod so the guy wearing the armor was... er... let's just the package was being delivered in its entirety.

Who would go into battle like that? "Well, my legs and chest and arms and brain are all protected and my junk's hanging out... no, I don't see a problem here. Let's go kill some bandits!"

Also: does Odahviing just hang out at the TotW after you finish the main quest? I went back up there to say wassup to Paarthurnax (and to assure everybody that I wasn't gonna kill him) and while climbing the path saw another dragon flying circles around the mountaintop. Assumed it was the P-daddy but when I got up there he's just chillin' on the Word Wall as usual. Climbed all the way up to the top to do some mining cuz it had been a while and got a close up look at the other dragon, it looks like Odahviing. Anyway he was just flying around in circles up there roaring at me when he went by. Did a couple of very close fly-bys too, it was awesome. I got some screenies but didn't get a chance to review them because it was so late.

Also: it's very sad when you have to do "removeallitems" on your spouse to rid of him extra hidden inventory after reacquiring him as a follower, and then see him in his undies and realize that you really should've married another Nord.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-12, 12:38 PM   #1307
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Yeap its Odahviing. Kind of cool to be walking around at somewhere like Riverwood and looking up to the TotW and seeing a dragon circling it.
Old 02-27-12, 12:50 PM   #1308
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Yeap its Odahviing. Kind of cool to be walking around at somewhere like Riverwood and looking up to the TotW and seeing a dragon circling it.
They should've made a thing where he periodically shows up to bring you messages from Paarthurnax. "Paarthurnax says hi and next time you visit could you bring him a sweetroll from that inn over in Dragonbridge. And a dead elk if it's not too much trouble. He doesn't get those up there and he's really getting sick of goat stew. Also it wouldn't kill you to get a haircut."
Old 02-27-12, 02:45 PM   #1309
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Given absolute crap like this, or this, and this, i find there is a to be asked.

I say again, I hate anime. It's Japan's sexually repressed social quirks and fetish's bleeding into places it doesn't belong. Yes I know i don't have to install it, but dammit, i sure as hell hate seeing it, over , and over, and over, and over again. Scuse me while i go puke now.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-12, 02:52 PM   #1310
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

On another note, anyone had any amusing, amazing, or *truly* unexpected results from using the Wabbajack?

I only just started carrying it around all the time instead of leaving it on a rack, and it hasn't been as much fun as I expected.

The crazy woman who follows you around shouting "Wabbajack wabbajack wabbajack" showed up again. It turned her into a bunny rabbit. Well, she asked for it.

Since then I've used it on 3-4 hostile human NPCs. They all turned into mudcrabs.

Later on I was about to ford a river when I saw a big mudcrab on the other side. Alrighty, I thought, let's see what happens to a mudcrab when it's Wabbajacked.

It turned into a smaller mudcrab.

Color me not impressed so far.
Old 02-27-12, 02:59 PM   #1311
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Should have Wabbajacked my bloody horse before it got killed. Chances are it would have turned into something actually usefull.

Wonder what it does to that multiplying fellow outside Whiterun...

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-12, 03:20 PM   #1312
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

I should've used it on Deep-in-his-Cups, who keeps showing up wanting a buttload of gold as payoff on a bet we supposedly made the night I went drinking with Sanguine.

The first time I talked him down to a much more reasonable amount (despite having the full amount on me, several times over, cuz I'm ornery like that).

The second time I just paid the full amount he demanded right off, in the hopes that he'd stop bothering me. Really, bro, how can I miss you if you won't go away?

The third time I just ended the conversation and went about my business. Considering that my "business" at the moment was defending myself against a bandit ambush on some backwoods trail, it seemed like a wise move. He went hostile and I killed him. Or maybe the bandits killed him. It was kinda hard to tell. Can't remember if Argis was there, if so then it's a safe bet that Argis killed him because: Argis.

Fourth time - also killed him. Killed him dead and stripped him of everything but his stanky Fruit o' the Looms.

AND YET HE KEEPS COMING BACK. Was accosted for the fifth time last night, and killed him for the third time. Maybe if I turn him into a mudcrab he'll stay away? Or will I just be accosted by some angry mudcrab in a few days, waving its little claws at me and chittter-chattering in Mudcrabese about stealing some bandit's hat? Inquiring minds want to know, except when they don't, which would definitely be the case here.
Old 02-27-12, 04:53 PM   #1313
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Given absolute crap like this, or this, and this, i find there is a to be asked.

I say again, I hate anime. It's Japan's sexually repressed social quirks and fetish's bleeding into places it doesn't belong. Yes I know i don't have to install it, but dammit, i sure as hell hate seeing it, over , and over, and over, and over again. Scuse me while i go puke now.
Agreed. I have no idea why there's even a demand for it. If someone's got a hardon for anime so bad, why are they playing Skyrim, which has absolutely nothing to do with anime? Why shoehorn this crap into a setting where it's so painfully out of place?

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-12, 04:56 PM   #1314
Drewcifer
Commodore

Downloads: 38

Ducimus your personalized version of skyrim is ready and waiting for you...

Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-12, 05:03 PM   #1315
soopaman2
Der Alte

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
Agreed. I have no idea why there's even a demand for it. If someone's got a hardon for anime so bad, why are they playing Skyrim, which has absolutely nothing to do with anime? Why shoehorn this crap into a setting where it's so painfully out of place?

I agree with the both of you, but in the same sense it is a testament to the modability of the game, which is not really a bad thing.

Look at the last few total war installments, if you want to see a mod friendly developer turn around and kick its fanbase in the nuts.

We can still make fun of the people who download crap like this though.

-Winston Churchill-

The most fascinating man in the world.
soopaman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-12, 05:33 PM   #1316
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopaman2 View Post
We can still make fun of the people who download crap like this though.
I know, they're just silly. Personally I'm holding out for Hello Kitty armor.
Old 02-27-12, 05:45 PM   #1317
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
I know, they're just silly. Personally I'm holding out for Hello Kitty armor.
*cough*

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=5921

0rpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-12, 05:54 PM   #1318
soopaman2
Der Alte

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rpheus View Post
*gag*

I bet the enchantments on them are winners.

-500% damage.
90% chance of turning dremoras into a kitten.
Automatic level 100 calm effect.

Oh and when you talk to Paarthunax he calls you a pansy ass.

-Winston Churchill-

The most fascinating man in the world.
soopaman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-12, 05:59 PM   #1319
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rpheus View Post
No no no NO. What I had in mind was something really classy. You know, like...

Old 02-27-12, 06:10 PM   #1320
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
As a whole, I have a problem with people who try to mod our magnificent western RPGs into one of those silly and perverse eastern RPGs. Mowing down trolls, sabrecats, the NCR and the Enclave should have nothing to do with some Japanese schoolgirl fetish. Same goes with that My Little Pony stuff. Sorry to you guys with that sig but.....damn.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote