SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-07-09, 12:34 PM   #1261
ccruler
Nub

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

Thanks Sonicfire, I hadn't seen the part of having to modify a command in the Commands.cfg file to have it work in the original post, but found it now.
ccruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-09, 06:46 AM   #1262
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike12 View Post
noticed a problem,the game CTDs whenever i try to access the museum. I think there's something wrong with one of the ships.But other than that no problems.(this is on "clean"with OM 700 BTW)

Same here. Loading Bar full, you expect to see ships next, but you're transfered right to desktop. (Hope this is the "more information" you were asking for).

Noticed another thing: I can use decoys on my Type VIIB (current date is December 1940) although no decoylauncher installed. these phantom-decoys work pretty well. DDs circling above it, i'm miles away.

Someone said the DDs were too easy: they find me from about 6km distance. i'm not moving, silent running, depht 50m. Something to do with OM?

My current Mods:

TMO 1.7 + Maxoptics
RSRD + Patch 2A
OM V700 + Patch P3
Sonicfire1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-09, 07:11 PM   #1263
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
somehow i never have to spend reknown when upgrading crew/sub in port. Its all for free. this might have come up in this thread before, sorry for not reading the entire thing....

As designed

Quote:
2. I have trouble knowing which nation i am allowed to attack. Ran into a convoy yesterday and managed to sink some freighters of several nations before the DDs even noticed. I got the message that i attacked a neutral nation (dunno which one, was 200m submerged), so i figure this is an issue and i would get negative reknown. Is there any way to implement a chart or something where you can look up the good and evil nations? Or at least remove neutral merchants from enemy convoys?
As designed , you as Captain need to VID ( Visual ID ) your targets before you engage.

Quote:
3. If I understand the cfg files right The stations depend heavily on mechanic-skill and almost nothing else. On fleet-boats the skills influencing the stations efficiency were very different (and more logical to some extent). Is this right this way?
As designed. Crews are designed to reflect real Uboat crews

Quote:
4. The available seamen in port are very bad ones. A skillrating above 20 is a very rare occasion. Is this OMs "fault"? If so, what is the name of the file generating these seamen? I dont want "Ubersoldiers" but im used to keyskills of 30+ for good men and 40+ for excelent ones.
As designed

Quote:
Same here. Loading Bar full, you expect to see ships next, but you're transfered right to desktop. (Hope this is the "more information" you were asking for).
Node ID conflict will one of the units added by TMO. No problem with RSRDC / OM loaded at the same time. Trying to fix this CTD is a very "time" consuming and I don't have the time now or in the future to resolve this

Quote:
Noticed another thing: I can use decoys on my Type VIIB (current date is December 1940) although no decoylauncher installed. these phantom-decoys work pretty well. DDs circling above it, i'm miles away.
As designed

All uboats get a "basic" Bubble generator from the start of the war and are upgraded to more advance decoys later on
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-09, 10:56 PM   #1264
rubenandthejets
中国水兵

Downloads: 20

Hi!
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not.

I've done the right thing and reported contact with a task force and been ordered to "inflict heavy losses". OK, I'll try that-in huge seas with 3 torps left.

Not much luck (though I did get one hit on a Fiji class cruiser) so I sailed away, returned to base, reloaded and went out hunting again.

I aked for a new mission and got the "Proceed with current mission and maintain silence for 12 hours"....but, Uncle Karl, the taskforce is three days away, I don't think I could even find it let alone inflict heavy losses, I just fluked onto it! I completed my patrol and asked for a new assignment.....same deal.

Waited twelve hours, asked again, same result.

I might be wrong, but I think I used to get new missions when I blew an intercept mission.
I'm on TMO 1.7, RSRD and the latest patched OM.
Old 04-09-09, 02:21 PM   #1265
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post

somehow i never have to spend reknown when upgrading crew/sub in port.

As designed
Somehow i thought so. May I ask what considerations made you design it that way?

Quote:
Quote:
Is there any way to implement a chart or something where you can look up the good and evil nations? Or at least remove neutral merchants from enemy convoys?
As designed , you as Captain need to VID ( Visual ID ) your targets before you engage.
Sure thing. I know what a swedish flag looks like, a portugesian, a greek etc. But that does not tell me wether this ship is hostile or neutral.

Quote:
Quote:
3. If I understand the cfg files right The stations depend heavily on mechanic-skill and almost nothing else. On fleet-boats the skills influencing the stations efficiency were very different (and more logical to some extent). Is this right this way?
As designed. Crews are designed to reflect real Uboat crews
I'll try to understand what you mean.

Quote:
Quote:
The available seamen in port are very bad ones. A skillrating above 20 is a very rare occasion.
As designed
Hm. okay. Youre the boss-modder. Still, since i am running my own little crew-management-tool-project: where can i find the sailors currently offered in port? (dont want to tweak that file, no sir, would just like to be able to read it out and import the data into my tool.)

Quote:
Quote:
Museum: Loading Bar full, you expect to see ships next, but you're transfered right to desktop. (Hope this is the "more information" you were asking for).
Node ID conflict will one of the units added by TMO. No problem with RSRDC / OM loaded at the same time. Trying to fix this CTD is a very "time" consuming and I don't have the time now or in the future to resolve this
Sorry, but i dont think so:

Originally Posted by spike12
noticed a problem,the game CTDs whenever i try to access the museum. I think there's something wrong with one of the ships.But other than that no problems.(this is on "clean"with OM 700 BTW)

So no TM below spikes version of OM. But who needs a museum anyways. The Yamato is much more impressive in "real life".

Quote:
All uboats get a "basic" Bubble generator from the start of the war and are upgraded to more advance decoys later on
Didnt know that. Thx for lession.

Just out of curiosity: what would happen if a stock UBM-savegame would be loaded with the player-sub being a XVIII?

Last, not least, i cant stress enough how much i love this mod. u did great work.
Old 04-09-09, 07:17 PM   #1266
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicfire1981 View Post
Sorry, but i dont think so:

Originally Posted by spike12

I guess you didn't see my response to spike12 about 5 post down from the one you quoted

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1186

-----------------

My response was based on your comments:

Quote:
Plus your list of mods

Quote:
TMO 1.7 + Maxoptics
RSRD + Patch 2A
OM V700 + Patch P3
By the way you should be using Patch2B with RSRDC

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...do=file&id=976

FYI that CTD fixes corrects this problem, not your museum load problem

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1041

-----------------------

Quote:
Just out of curiosity: what would happen if a stock UBM-savegame would be loaded with the player-sub being a XVIII?
CTD
Old 04-11-09, 04:47 PM   #1267
etheberge
Watch Officer

Downloads: 614
Uploads: 10

Quote:
2. I have trouble knowing which nation i am allowed to attack. Ran into a convoy yesterday and managed to sink some freighters of several nations before the DDs even noticed. I got the message that i attacked a neutral nation (dunno which one, was 200m submerged), so i figure this is an issue and i would get negative reknown. Is there any way to implement a chart or something where you can look up the good and evil nations? Or at least remove neutral merchants from enemy convoys?
Quote:
Sure thing. I know what a swedish flag looks like, a portugesian, a greek etc. But that does not tell me wether this ship is hostile or neutral.
SonicFire,

I had the same question when I started playing with OM. Since then I've found the mod Enemies of Germany and it suits my needs. It shows you in the Help which countries Germany was at war with at a particular time. Check it out. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ies+of+germany

11 War Patrols / 56 ships sunk or damaged for 212,022 tons
Zero casualties throughout the war
Scuttled on 8 May, 1945 in Sonderburg Bay, after German surrender
etheberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-09, 03:35 PM   #1268
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

T H A T is exactly what i meant. awesome. thanks.

Havent tried it, am on RFB right now. but JSGM knows its there.
Old 04-22-09, 02:25 PM   #1269
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

WOW!

I didn't play SH4 until just recently, mainly because my crappy old computer plays it so poorly. I finally decided to go ahead anyway, because the basic platform is such an improvement on SH3. I ended up with RFB and RSRDC, but avoided OpsMonsun because the Pacific u-boat war seemed so limited to me. Then I downloaded it and found out I could run a Type II, Type VII or even a Type IX right at 1939! Awesome!

There are some things I'll miss from SH3, especially the GWX stuff in the harbors. But this is stable, hasn't crashed on me yet once (well, once, but that was because I put in a mod that didn't like another one. And with JSGME and SH4's fast loading times it's not really a problem anyway).

I was immediately turned off by the American voices, though, and since I did the DBSM conversion for SH3 I thought I'd pay Lurker and all back the favor of giving us this great mod by doing it for SH4 as well.

So if you love this mod and love the movie, here ya go!
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=150955
Old 05-01-09, 12:57 PM   #1270
captgeo
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 105

I just downloaded OP MONSON and the patch,.......I cant wait to play this MOD....I tried to find a copy of SH3 around town and could not, so I am looking forward to playing U-Boats with SH4..............A BIG THANK YOU to all for this contribution to an incomplete game.

Hopefully UBI will get it right with SH5.
captgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-09, 11:36 AM   #1271
CaptJodan
A-ganger

Downloads: 26

Ok, so here's one for you.

So for the past several days I've been enjoying this mod with great effect. (haven't had a working computer in over one and a half years now, so I'm trying to play catchup with all the new stuff) Really enjoying areas of operation that I've never seen before, like the Black Sea.

I tried to find my specific problem in this thread, but it's 64 pages and I think I got to about 10 or 12 before I decided that I must be unique.

1. CTD when starting any campaign with a Type VIIC (normal). No option to pick the Type VIIC in the single missions, and it really only shows up in the campaign. My Submarine folder doesn't have the VIIC listed. I downloaded the mod a second time, thinking somehow some files were missed, but with the same result. Any suggestions? Or did I miss something where the VIIC just isn't avaliable? There is mention in the first page about the Type VIIC so I thought it was in.

2. Type II interior is missing. Originally, I thought maybe it was just left out because I don't expect miricles (though that torpedo room thread is making me rethink that), but the Type 23 has an interior similar to the Type II, so now I'm questioning that. If it isn't in there, that's fine (after all, it plays without it), I was just questioning my assumption what with the missing VII and all that.
CaptJodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-09, 02:29 PM   #1272
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJodan View Post
Ok, so here's one for you.

So for the past several days I've been enjoying this mod with great effect. (haven't had a working computer in over one and a half years now, so I'm trying to play catchup with all the new stuff) Really enjoying areas of operation that I've never seen before, like the Black Sea.

I tried to find my specific problem in this thread, but it's 64 pages and I think I got to about 10 or 12 before I decided that I must be unique.

1. CTD when starting any campaign with a Type VIIC (normal). No option to pick the Type VIIC in the single missions, and it really only shows up in the campaign. My Submarine folder doesn't have the VIIC listed. I downloaded the mod a second time, thinking somehow some files were missed, but with the same result. Any suggestions? Or did I miss something where the VIIC just isn't avaliable? There is mention in the first page about the Type VIIC so I thought it was in.

2. Type II interior is missing. Originally, I thought maybe it was just left out because I don't expect miricles (though that torpedo room thread is making me rethink that), but the Type 23 has an interior similar to the Type II, so now I'm questioning that. If it isn't in there, that's fine (after all, it plays without it), I was just questioning my assumption what with the missing VII and all that.
You have a corrupted install.

You need to follow these steps to ensure a good install

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...5/m/5181035206
Old 05-03-09, 03:05 PM   #1273
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Lurker, I tried OM for the first time today. Nice work!! Made my first attack...I think I'm the only uboat that was struck by a circle runner

Need to find that German voice pack now
Old 05-03-09, 10:39 PM   #1274
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Default New Version of OM

There is a new version of OM up. Go to the first post for download links and info
Old 05-03-09, 11:08 PM   #1275
CaptJodan
A-ganger

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post
You have a corrupted install.

You need to follow these steps to ensure a good install

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...5/m/5181035206
That was pretty much it. More a product of the zip program not doing it's job than anything else. It's all working now. Thanks.

And NOW there's a new one.
CaptJodan is offline   Reply With Quote