SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-12-11, 09:26 PM   #1216
SovietWolf
Nub

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castout View Post
Here

http://ra-dwx.narod.ru/download.htm

Gimme a message if you want some MP
Thank you comrade!! Installed correctly this time. Game is up and running, no problems so far.
SovietWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-11, 03:10 AM   #1217
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietWolf View Post
Thank you comrade!! Installed correctly this time. Game is up and running, no problems so far.
My pleasure
Old 06-19-11, 04:02 AM   #1218
Electric Boat
Watch

Downloads: 53
Default ABUSE ON OTHERS PROPERTY

Hi to all guys.
This is Electric Boat, from the italian Alfa Tau mod team.
I have to make it public a denounce to express against the russian mod Reinforce Alert (RA).

As all you well know, even if the stuff elaborated by modder teams and their members is shared free on the web, this doesn't lift anybody to have respect of the others' job, specifically if one wants to employ or modify and then employ again in his own mod project the property of another (such as 3d models, textures etc..)., but he must ask before permission to the author of these properties if he wants to proceede and be a correct person.

In this case Mr. Jaf and Crazy Ivan (aka Gray Owl) from RA are actually very incorrect characters, in what they have unauthorizedly continued to employ in the last releases of their mod, a ship of mine: the soviet Kresta-II class ASW cruiser, even after my express revocation to do that.

They completely ignored for moths my repeated written advices.

This happened as extreme measure after several months because they continued to take advantage of my ship in their project but never citing me as her right author, like if she would be a property of them.
With each new release there's a Readme.txt file where are described the new features and listed the credits to the persons who contributed to build it...well: in their ones they never credited me as author of my ship.

Further they have unauthorizedly modified and haltered at their will my original files without asking me any kind of permission and never giving me any sort of information, to model another ship: the cruiser Kara, and at present day they still refuse (by months!) to send me back the files they modified.

This serious abuse couldn't remain hidden longer.

Behind their mods, some of the members of Reinforce Alert are really and only that: very incorrect characters.

The goal is this: when you'll see the Kresta-II cruiser in RA, and soon in the new Alfa Tau release, know that she's mine. Not of RA.

Thanks for the attention.
Electric Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-11, 05:01 AM   #1219
Theta Sigma
Seabed Comber

Downloads: 99
I missed it at first, since the cleanup.bat removed it, but 1.32 has this readme:

Quote:
Special Thanks By:
-Bellman-
-Denis Dolgushev-
-Dr.Sid-
-Dushman-
-Goldorak-
-IB-
-KotVasja-
-Kyte-
-Oxygen Spear-
-Roman.V.Oginsky-
-Shipwreck-
-Wingman-

And other not named here people.

================================================== ==========================
Due to whom was held special:

Database Edit Tool - "DWEdit" by Ludger Stura, "DWEdit" by -JSteed-

Utilite AudioRepacker - Dr.Sid

3D wire preparations models Udaloy, Lada ,Tu-142, KA-27, by -Aaken-.

Models finally 3D created, edited, mapping and repainting: -Jaf- -KPV_1974- -Roman.V.Oginsky-.

Splash Screen: -Kyte-

Doctrines: -KPV_1974-, -Crazy Ivan- (aka GrayOwl).

USNI remastering: -Crazy Ivan-, ( the given extended data, new photos: -Jaf-, -Dushman- )

Database,Interfaces,coordinator project: -Crazy Ivan-

Elimination of the hardcoded bugs in executable files: -Krabb- , -Jaf- , -CrazyIvan- .

Also gratitude guys from SCX-II - some base doctrines, and many graphic models came from those far happy times.

Some the borrowed models from -NWP- Fleet Command Project: respect for -NWP- modders.

French Virtual Naval Community

Italian Virtual Naval Community - www.betasom.it

John Smith, Vice President Naval Historical Society of Australia.

-Hitman- mod for Kilo Periscope Graghic Scale included

-Kegetys- mod for Helo Sonobuoy Station included (Assembled Anew and bug fixed for v 1.04 compatible), and bottom textures added.

============================================
SOLID DWX TEAM:
-Jaf-
-Crazy:Ivan-
-KPV_1974-
-Krabb-
Site: http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/
============================================
Rel: may 2011

Last edited by Theta Sigma; 06-19-11 at 05:17 AM.
Theta Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-11, 07:16 AM   #1220
Krabb
Navy Dude

Downloads: 32

It is not my business, but if you're talking about Alfa Tau, you need to remember thanks to whom new managed platforms were added, etc. There is no thanks or whatever in Alfa Tau readme. And now you demand something.
Krabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-11, 04:55 AM   #1221
Electric Boat
Watch

In answer to the last two replys:

Theta Sigma's message: as can be read there is no mention of "Electric Boat" (me) in the text, about the addition of my Kresta-II, while & whilst for other people this has been done.

Krabb's message: even if I am member of Alfa Tau, I'm not revenging a team matter, but a personal one and personally I do not have anything about which feel myself in wrong with the others' projects. In fact I lent my Kresta-II to RA as personal cooperation/contribute.

But after the recent facts I have forbidden to RA to keep on including my ship in their new releases, and notwithstanding that they are continuing to ignore all of my wants and rightful requests.

In fact, the most recent release of their mod still has my Kresta-II 3d model, with her textures, and the unauthorizedly developped Kara class cruiser, actually based on my ship and abominous adapted to the Kara's layout/fittings.

Finally, just to strike a blow in favour of my team: we at Alfa Tau do not employ without authorization the works and achievings of anybody, in such of single authors or other teams.

Nevertheless, even if new achievements where reached by RA, let's say that: before of the others..this is true and the truth must be admitted, but at Maricosom we never have neither thought nor planned to base our projects expecially about database, interfaces, playable units, doctrines etc..., on the others works, and on top of all to do unhauthorized employment of the others' achievements/stuffs to take advantage on our Mod.

This is our policy of working.

We do our mod in our own, and all and each feature of our project is only of our production. If inside Alfa Tau there can be found some item (such as 3d models or textures) not of our production, it is or made by Sonalyst or lent under authorization by the specific authors if not just members of Maricosom.

That is all.
Old 06-20-11, 07:05 AM   #1222
Castout
Silent Hunter

Your work is excellent Sir.

I really love your 3D models.

It's amazing. practically the most beautifully and detailed made warships in the game.

I'm sorry about your issue with the RA team.
Old 06-20-11, 07:27 AM   #1223
Electric Boat
Watch

Thank you very much Castout!

Soon you'll may download many other 3D reproductions of US and Soviet/Russian ships, subs, planes, satellites, weapons and landbased objects...on MARICOSOM (Alfa Tau Project), and your comments, even critics when necessary, will be welcome!
Old 06-20-11, 06:01 PM   #1224
Castout
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Boat View Post
Thank you very much Castout!

Soon you'll may download many other 3D reproductions of US and Soviet/Russian ships, subs, planes, satellites, weapons and landbased objects...on MARICOSOM (Alfa Tau Project), and your comments, even critics when necessary, will be welcome!
I registered at maricosom few years back to download Alfa Tau

That Kresta is a very excellent model I must say. Best so far I've ever seen in DW.
Old 06-25-11, 04:56 PM   #1225
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

is there any reason that the AN/SQS-56 active sonar has a relative low Nrd value ( - 10 / -11 ) ...compared to the other, especilly sub active sensors?

RA 1.32
Hawk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-11, 03:30 AM   #1226
dd149
Soundman

Downloads: 183
Default RA 1.33 is coming

Some of the improvements (minor others not listed)

If you have noticed, in original game, there is an inability to start missile in "sated salvo ".
Even VLS shoot 1 missile at 10 seconds.
Thus start 6 missiles to last 1 minute.

As well artillery - given from a database - are ignored.

In the version 1.33, it was is eliminated.
ROF (Rate Of Fire) Launchers work as is specified in a database.

VLS can start missile with the minimal interval per 1 second.

From ---- !DWX_RA_1_33_OPFOR_INFO.TXT ---- :

** - Launchers ROF (Rate Of Fire), now corresponding with Database values ROF.
** - Missile Doctrines fixed (for variable cruise altitudes soviet missiles).
** - Towed Array depth option,switch-off for Multistation game - for prevent CTD.
dd149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 05:44 PM   #1227
x_Ringo_x
Watch

Downloads: 11
Default Engagement of SS-N-19 shipwrecks

One thing I've noticed recently while playing a self-made massive naval battle, is that when shipwrecks are launched specifically against U.S. Sm-2 equipped vessels, they don't engage until they are really close (even though the weapons are detected). And when they do they can't seem to get to altituide in time to attempt to engage the Shipwrecks.
The SM-2 can engage targets well beyond 70nmi. And I just read about the salvo issue being addressed in the upcomming release, so that answered one of my questions. But also on the perry class frigate sometimes when engaging targets with the SM-1 that they don't always seem to fly in the direction of the target at immediate launch. Maybe I am not doing something right, but when the missile has to turn around to come back to the target that can mean the difference between saved and F**ked.
And lastly is their anyway to correct the problem to my first question manually or do I have to await for this to be addressed in a further update.
Thanx, Ringo

x_Ringo_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 09:20 PM   #1228
captcav
Loader

Downloads: 24
Default R.A DW EDIT

Hi guys,

I can't seem to get DW to work using DW Edit once i've uploaded the R.A Mod. Has anyone else had this problem or suggestion. Maybe there is a new DW edit software for R.A?

It's saying that it's not 1.04 capitable, which i find strange as the patch is loaded fully before the RA Mod can be installed.

Suggestions welcome.

Captcav
captcav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 11:40 AM   #1229
Raven434th
Watch

Downloads: 66

I'm having a problem when trying to do a multi-station connection.I'm able to connect 3 computers together in the same plateform,but as soon as I hit the sonar station button it crashes.However if I try other stations its fine.This is with 1.32 version on windows 7.I was able to do this multi- station setup on previous versions.I hope the RA guys can fix this.

"Line'em up and Bam!...right to the kisser!!"
Raven434th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 02:26 PM   #1230
stormrider_sp
Planesman

Downloads: 51

After installing RA_OPFOR_DWX1_32, the game fails to start. I'm running W7, DW is installed in a custom directed away from program files, which for instance is C:/Games/.../Dangerous Waters

I extracted the contents to the root folder (.../Dangerous Waters/) and run the .bat file as administrator. Installation seems to work fine, but then when I load it up, after the first screen, when I click the intro to skip to main menu, the game crashes back to desktop. One wierd thing worth mentioning is that in the intro movie, there is only water and bubbles when there was supposed to be a Kilo.

Edited:

Whenever I try to install the mod by run the .bat file as administrator, the batch fails completly. If I run it as usual by double clicking it, it copies everything, but it fails to compress some files along its process.

Edit2:

Using the downloaded files from the russian website, in 4 parts, and installing in my custom folder outside program files worked fine now. I think the problem was the singled file I've downloaded from Commander Academy website.

Last edited by stormrider_sp; 08-22-11 at 10:06 AM.
stormrider_sp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reinforce alert