Closed Thread

Old 01-03-21, 03:15 PM   #12076
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

Buddahaid...

You mean the fake voters?

The national guard will not fight its people bro. I guarantee it.

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
Old 01-03-21, 03:16 PM   #12077
bstanko6
Admiral

I just find it funny that they have to triple their security and call in the National Guard in order to be inaugurated.

DISCORD
Old 01-03-21, 03:38 PM   #12078
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
How many of those 75 million would back armed revolt from militia groups?

Probably abround the same percentage as those who backed the American Revolution?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 01-03-21, 03:49 PM   #12079
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Sort of the US version of the October Revolution then but names are changed.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 01-03-21, 04:04 PM   #12080
bstanko6
Admiral

you da man August

DISCORD
Old 01-03-21, 04:06 PM   #12081
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/03/p...acy/index.html

The scattershot efforts to overturn President-elect Joe Biden's election victory are coalescing into a movement led by top Republicans determined to exploit a manufactured crisis for broader political gains.
Nearly a dozen more GOP senators, a handful of whom will be sworn-in Sunday, have now announced they will challenge Biden's clear Electoral College win over President Donald Trump next week during what has traditionally been a ceremonial exercise on Capitol Hill.Their gambit is doomed to fail -- they have acknowledged as much -- in its immediate objective, but likely to succeed in hardening the conspiracy theory-fueled, right-wing base in Trump's thrall.
Nearly a dozen Republican senators announce plans to vote against counting electoral votes

The President is, predictably, cheering on the charade. His chief of staff, Mark Meadows, encouraged his former House colleagues to "fight back" in a Saturday night tweet.

And Vice President Mike Pence -- who has sought to keep a safe distance from the more inflammatory claims and behavior of fellow Republicans while subtly egging them on when it suits him -- has welcomed congressional Republicans' challenge.
----------
Lets stay sober. This ^ is not what a so-called democratic system is about. This is what its about to derail a democratic system without getting called out for it.

The toilet overflows with what has been thrown into it.

For you this is something new, another headline, and obviously you think end of democracy. But here's a news flash: December 14th the electors cast their vote. On January 6th a joint session of congress convenes to offically accept those votes cast by the electorate. On January 20th Congress gets together again and anyone may present a challenge. And by law they MUST be heard, deliberated and then BOTH chambers must vote to uphold any challenges. ITS NOTHING NEW, its lawful and its expected and its been done for hundreds of years.

Here's the rub though, there will be political maneuvering and a chance to beat that dead horse again, and again and again, they can whine, they can complain, point fingers, and accuse each other and challenge all they want. Hoping to make headlines and get noticed to get someone's future vote.

But in the end on January 20th Joe Biden will be president.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 01-03-21 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-03-21, 04:07 PM   #12082
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Sort of the US version of the October Revolution then but names are changed.

I'll have to take your word for it. I didn't realize that the Bolsheviks had stolen an election to gain power. I thought they just did it the traditional way by murdering off their political enemies.

Old 01-03-21, 04:31 PM   #12083
Buddahaid

That wasn't my point. My point was supported armed open revolt and as far as I can tell, somebody on the losing side always claims it was stolen somehow.

If all the evidence is so good, why can't it be proved in court? I can't prove it didn't happen and I'm not arguing that it didn't, but it can proved it did in a court of law but hasn't despite all the resources of the GOP.

I think I've burned at least 150 cal on this already today. (insert head banging smiley without anger)

David Bowie
Old 01-03-21, 04:59 PM   #12084
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
If all the evidence is so good, why can't it be proved in court? I can't prove it didn't happen and I'm not arguing that it didn't, but it can proved it did in a court of law but hasn't despite all the resources of the GOP
Seems that the courts are dismissing these suits without hearing the evidence. I don't think the Trump side has had even one judgement that based on the actual merits of the case. They are all dismissed for technicalities. Standing issues, anything to shut it down without letting evidence be brought into the open.

It's sort of like Officer Obies "twenty-seven 8-by-10 color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was" But no seeing eye dog is even needed if justice wants to be deliberately blind.

So what recourse is left for the millions of Americans who believe that the Presidential election was stolen? With the government establishment and the media against us there is little that we can do about it except tear the whole place down. Maybe that's what we're headed for and maybe it's not such a bad thing if it breaks their stranglehold upon us.

Old 01-03-21, 05:13 PM   #12085
Buddahaid

I guess they do what the democrats did four years ago. It now really boils down to what will happen in 2024. The pendulum swung far enough anti-trumpwise this time and the not-trump is now elected, but in four years I hope to see a stronger candidate from both parties, hopefully with less theatrics, but who am I kidding.

David Bowie
Old 01-03-21, 05:37 PM   #12086
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Trump spreads chaos and destruction. The republican party will split into two wings that sooner or later must break apart: a democratic conservative wing or party, and a Trumpist anti-democratic, autocratic, tyrannic, populistic wing or party with a strong sect-like Führer-cult.

Since the Republicans did not resist to embrace the tea party movement and the rubbish spread already by a certain Sarah Palin and gang, it does not deserve any better than this miserable end.

The Trumpist party sees itself as no longer obliged to the principles of a democratic system. Instead it is fighting against the very democratic system itself. It will turn America and Americans against it- and themselves. That are no side effects - that are the method.

Trumpists will do their best to make sure the two-party system stays as it is, and electoral system stays as it is. This way they can and must take over the Republican party alltogether. The Trumpists will win this. The Republicans will get lost. Too many of the ordinary folks on the street like what is going on.

There will be a price that must be paid, though. Not just by Trumpists, but by all of America.

Last edited by Skybird; 01-03-21 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-03-21, 05:47 PM   #12087
Buddahaid

Skybird, you are making it far more black and white than it is. Effectively, right or left wing factions here do not form separate parties, but seek to control the party, not break away. The GOP will not split, nor will the democrats.

I suppose we have a this, or that, mindset and it's somewhat amusing just how even the dichotomy is now, mindless or mindful.

David Bowie
Old 01-03-21, 05:57 PM   #12088
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

It's not enough to have a huge knowledge on American politics, one must also understand the inner child in the American politics.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 01-03-21, 06:01 PM   #12089
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Skybird, you are making it far more black and white than it is. Effectively, right or left wing factions here do not form separate parties, but seek to control the party, not break away. The GOP will not split, nor will the democrats.
I am aware, and tried to express that: the party will form wings in itself, and since the political and electoral system is like it is, it is in the Trumpists' interest to not wanting to change that, since by that they can - and MUST!!! - take over all the party.

The rest I said is just conclusion from history. Because falls of great empires and nations in this way do not happen for the first time. America sleepwalks on old paths here.

Things begin, they last, and they have an end. Nobody expects to live in those times where he must witness the end, the fall, the collapse. And it has been like this with humans probably in all of history: most people cannot imagine that it is in their ofieitme that the civilization, the empire the ylive it, is about to come to an end, to fall, to collapse, to get tzransformed b forc einto somethign that ahs nothign in common with the state before.

But these things happen, and they happen quite often. In two or three decades America will not be recognised anymore again, and it will have much more in common with political systemsa the likes of China, Russia, maybe even a fascist foiurth reich, than with the cultural herioatge it has lived of until here. The heritage will be relived on theatre stages, and for propaganda, of course. But that is just shine and propaganda. And this totalitarian transformation will have much to do with the options enabled by modern technology - as they already exist since a decade by now, and will further grow in the foreseeable future.

You people are sleepwalking, that's what you do.
Old 01-03-21, 06:01 PM   #12090
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
It's not enough to have a huge knowledge on American politics, one must also understand the inner child in the American politics.

Markus
Isn't the inner child the beast we all have to tame? The id monster?

David Bowie
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter