SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-10-10, 07:25 PM   #106
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Actually I think that gauge is supposed to be for fuel level or fuel flow, seeing as it's connected to the overhead fuel gravity tank...

http://www.uboatarchive.net/U-570Plate9.htm
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-10, 07:50 AM   #107
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0

Yes, this is the fuel level and the dial is already in my wogadi mod
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-10, 08:26 AM   #108
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Haha, yeah just noticed that myself, nice work.

Looking forward to the next version.
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 03:01 PM   #109
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Hey BIGREG, I have not heard from you in a couple days, just wandering how things are going.

I fixed the way the center compass ring was rendering in the command room, I fixed the invisible clock hand in the radio room, and I made the clock in the command room look better. I did all this by fixing the shadow maps, take a look at my interior mod's thread for more info on some of my interior fixes.

I hope everything is ok

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 03:16 PM   #110
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Hello all community

This week I am in displacement (near the base of a Keroman Lorient ,the museum of submarine is open again :http://www.tour-davis.com/tour/infospratiques.htm ),
I come home tomorrow night and I'll watch it, as soon as I get home

Argh ! write with phone ! but is free i am in an Hotel with Wifi

Last edited by BIGREG; 07-15-10 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-15-10, 09:20 PM   #111
SteelViking
The Old Man

I just thought of a way that we can turn the electric gauge needles the golden color we need if you have not been able to do it already. I could find them in the shadow map for the generator room, and color the shadow on them yellow, that way they would appear golden/yellowish in game. I have been working with shadow maps so much, that I have figured out a way to locate stuff in them pretty easily. I know this sounds a little odd, but I have been doing this sort of thing a lot, trust me it turns out looking pretty nice.

Edit: Actually, we may be out of luck. I just tried to find the needles in the shadow maps for the electric engine room, and they are not there. Maybe they are being controlled by another file, I have seen crossover between rooms when it comes to shadows. So, all hope is not lost yet.

Last edited by SteelViking; 07-15-10 at 11:05 PM.
Old 07-27-10, 01:12 PM   #112
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Hi Bigreg, just noticed this while testing my Soundman orders that I'm currently Implementing.
(Something you possibly can fix - given your love for needles )

First if we go the Hydrophone and rotate the needle to 0 degrees you'll notice the Bearing in the hydrophone notepad reads 180 degrees.
( A difference of 180 Degrees).

Now using it in game:
Using the Nearest Sound Contact or Follow Nearest Sound contact commands in my officer orders. The soundman notified me a sound contact at 041 degrees. I rotate the needle to 041 degrees (No Sound there), I continue to rotate to approx 220 degrees (Guess what we got a sound here).
Also The note pad is reading 042 degrees at the point I'm getting the loudest sound return. (So the Notepad and the Soundmans report in the message log both are saying +/-040 degrees (Perfect).
But the needle is reading approx 220 degrees, so the needle is placed on the hydrophone 180 degrees of centre .

Can this be fixed , I don't think its something i caused during modding but its possible.
Can anyone else confirm there hydrophone reading off by 180 degrees.

reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-10, 03:08 PM   #113
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Hi Reaper7

Yes, i have see this ,i get send a fix today for that and for the compas innerdisc
Old 07-27-10, 03:21 PM   #114
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
Hi Reaper7

Yes, i have see this ,i get send a fix today for that and for the compas innerdisc
Excellent BigReg, Should be able to wrap up my R7 Ui mod soon (almost finished the officer orders).
Is it ok to iclude your fix in it when done. Will make the Sondman orders useable at the hydrophone .

Ps just wondering if there is a way to crop the lenght of the actual 3d model of the Obs scope, its just when used with you Periscope height fix the obs scope is just only out of the floor when the avatar enters the obs scope (look strange )
and only at knee height hen fully extended.
Old 07-27-10, 04:16 PM   #115
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

for the obs periscope height in the control room , that come not from my mod ( i have try without ) , that come from the file

C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Submarine\Common\Parts\Room_CR - Periscop + Anim.gr2

and that bug when i try to merge the .sim with goblin
Old 07-28-10, 09:27 AM   #116
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
for the obs periscope height in the control room , that come not from my mod ( i have try without ) , that come from the file

C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Submarine\Common\Parts\Room_CR - Periscop + Anim.gr2

and that bug when i try to merge the .sim with goblin
Cheers Bigreg, will look into who created the mod see if there's a solution.

Just downloaded your fix and its bang on - works perfectly.
Contacts called out, noise bearing on scope and hydrophone notepad all match now.

Is it ok to include the fix with my Mod - full credit of course .
Old 07-28-10, 10:02 AM   #117
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

the sonar 'dial' used on the sonar station was probably set to 0,360 instead of -180, 180 like in the dials.cfg file no?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-10, 10:15 AM   #118
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
the sonar 'dial' used on the sonar station was probably set to 0,360 instead of -180, 180 like in the dials.cfg file no?
No there's no setting like that in the sensors file only for max and min elevations.
Guess its at the 3D attachment model point is where the 180 offset occured, another thing the devs just attached and never confirmed it works like the clock hands etc.

Bigreg has detached the needle in the hydrophone rotaed it 180 degrees and re-attached . Works 100% Although we still have the issue of the soundman calling out the bearing after a few seconds delay (Target has often moved from that bearing ).

Actually TDW have you ever lookes at the hydrophone script

the devs never finished the volume part of the script - so the volume dial has no effect.

Code:
def Hydrophone_Dial_MouseWheel( sender, Handled ):
if Handled.Value < 0.0:
HydrophoneStation.RotateHydro(-1.0, True)
else:
HydrophoneStation.RotateHydro(1.0, True)
pass 
def Hydrophone_Volume_MouseWheel( sender, Handled ):
pass
what would need to added here to effect volume?

would something like this work like for the rotating Hydrophone lever?
Code:
if Handled.Value < 0.0:
HydrophoneStation.Hydrophone_Volume(-1.0, True)
else:
HydrophoneStation.Hydrophone_Volume(1.0, True)
Don't know the code for (Hydrophone_Volume) just showing as an example.
Old 07-28-10, 10:37 AM   #119
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

actually there are dials made in the files - I saw them in the interior files. Dials can be defined in the dials.cfg file and also via 'code' in the .sim, .val, etc. files. I remember seeing dials code for the hydrophone station. The real problem with the sonar is probably because they defined the dial in code to be 0, 360 instead of -180, 180 like in the dials.cfg file (just a hunch). If that's not it then the position of the dial was set incorrectly in the 'code' and just needs to be set to the correct value (pitch, yaw, and/or roll value). Flipping the dial would work but that's not the best way to fix the problem. The problem needs to be fixed at the source of it. I'll have to look over that when I get home. Actually I think I made a backup copy of patch 1.2 on my home server. I'll check my home server to see if I did. Give me a few (I'm out on a jobsite currently - new hospital startup).

EDIT:

just realized my company laptop doesn't have SH5 installed on it and thus don't have access to Goblin editor to find the ID for the sonar station. I'll have to look at this when I get home.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-10, 10:55 AM   #120
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
actually there are dials made in the files - I saw them in the interior files. Dials can be defined in the dials.cfg file and also via 'code' in the .sim, .val, etc. files. I remember seeing dials code for the hydrophone station. The real problem with the sonar is probably because they defined the dial in code to be 0, 360 instead of -180, 180 like in the dials.cfg file (just a hunch). If that's not it then the position of the dial was set incorrectly in the 'code' and just needs to be set to the correct value (pitch, yaw, and/or roll value). Flipping the dial would work but that's not the best way to fix the problem. The problem needs to be fixed at the source of it. I'll have to look over that when I get home. Actually I think I made a backup copy of patch 1.2 on my home server. I'll check my home server to see if I did. Give me a few (I'm out on a jobsite currently - new hospital startup).

EDIT:

just realized my company laptop doesn't have SH5 installed on it and thus don't have access to Goblin editor to find the ID for the sonar station. I'll have to look at this when I get home.
Yeah, the hydrophone needle does have those values. It is in the file :Room_QR1.sim. I would not worry, I am sure that BIGREG used the best solution available(the man knows his dials)

Tags
favorite