SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-06-11, 07:14 PM   #1156
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Umm Victor 3 SSN somehow has one loaded external tube though the setup doesn't indicate that it actually has any external tube.

Is this a mistake?
Old 01-07-11, 12:05 AM   #1157
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castout View Post
Umm Victor 3 SSN somehow has one loaded external tube though the setup doesn't indicate that it actually has any external tube.

Is this a mistake?
I don't play RA but I'm guessing its for this boat the K-292:

That thingamjig forward of the fin is a single use SS-N-21 SAMPSON missile launcher.

The K-292 was the only Victor III with this set up.

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-11, 03:18 AM   #1158
Castout
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLAM Strike View Post
I don't play RA but I'm guessing its for this boat the K-292:

That thingamjig forward of the fin is a single use SS-N-21 SAMPSON missile launcher.

The K-292 was the only Victor III with this set up.
Thanks TLAM but I don't that was it. The ext tube number 6 interposes with the internal tube number 6. They both open the same tube door.

I believe I found a glitch here in Victor 3.

The external tube is always carrying Sunburn missile.

Seeing the pic made me realize I would love to build a big model kit of a Soviet SSN.
Old 01-17-11, 01:36 AM   #1159
Castout
Silent Hunter

Edit:

Connection problem resolved.

There seems to be a glitch with external sound of the T-95 Bear.

Edit2:

Is it just me or some posts after this one are missing?

Last edited by Castout; 01-26-11 at 06:36 AM.
Castout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 04:40 PM   #1160
dd149
Soundman

Downloads: 183
Uploads: 0
Default Multistation fix

The RA team has published a multistation fix to solve a bug ,which was discovered during a multiplyar game between French Millsab & Italian Betasom teams: station allocation was considered not working by the game in some cases with one unit class used several times.
Other bugs like HF sonar on some classes and torpedo losing target at short range have been solved too but not published yet.
Excellent work by the community and even better by RA team thanks to all.
dd149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 05:06 PM   #1161
Castout
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd149 View Post
The RA team has published a multistation fix to solve a bug ,which was discovered during a multiplyar game between French Millsab & Italian Betasom teams: station allocation was considered not working by the game in some cases with one unit class used several times.
Other bugs like HF sonar on some classes and torpedo losing target at short range have been solved too but not published yet.
Excellent work by the community and even better by RA team thanks to all.
Great indeed I wish they would publish the rest of the fixes they have done or merge all fixes into a single patch. I wonder when these Russians play their DW online they never join Italian Betasom or French Millsab or the Polish community I think
Old 01-31-11, 05:09 PM   #1162
dd149
Soundman

Patience is supposed to be a major quality of Asian mind just joking as I am also impatient to get next patch.
Old 01-31-11, 05:27 PM   #1163
Castout
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd149 View Post
Patience is supposed to be a major quality of Asian mind just joking as I am also impatient to get next patch.
There's Dutch in me though it is far up the lineage and you know the Dutch . Umm I wonder what compelled my great great grandfather to marry a Chinese women in a distant colonial land and settled down here?! People usually have their roots in their homeland.

Last edited by Castout; 01-31-11 at 05:41 PM.
Castout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-11, 06:01 AM   #1164
Pillar
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 5
Nice to see 1.3 out!

Just a suggestion - could the first post of the thread be kept updated with the latest version info?
Pillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-11, 07:40 PM   #1165
scorpiondown
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 107
Default speech setup problem

i,ve installed this to a "clean" 1.04 version..when i click the icon to start the sim,, the speech recognition setup screen pops up..i close this out as i don,t want to use it,,, but everytime i try to launch DW, the same thing happens...won,t allow me to get into the sim????

here,s what happens...i am trying to set up options for the first time...when i click the options tab,,the speech window pops up allowing me to go no further....if i launch the sim ,,click on missions,,it will go to the mission normally but i can,t set the graphics and other options up how i want???? everytime i click the "options" tab,,,same thing?????

here,s the fix if anyone else has this problem.....i gave in and bought a headset and set up the speech recognition...works fine now....don,t use the speech in the game though...

Last edited by scorpiondown; 02-12-11 at 12:18 PM.
scorpiondown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 02:35 AM   #1166
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142

Hey ! First off, this mod is nice !

Question. Is there a repository out there of player made missions and campaigns designed for the RA mod ?
Old 02-13-11, 01:14 AM   #1167
Buck_O
Helmsman

Downloads: 46
Default Radio mast on Virginia

Hi all

I seem to have a graphics glitch that must be exclusive to my installation, since a search did not net me any other people with the same problem.

My radio mast on the "Virginia" elevates out of the back half of the boat, & not out of the top of the sail. Also it appears to not be connected to the boat . It just kind of hovers above the deck, real strange like...

I'm thinking it may be my old graphic card (Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti 4600) perhaps I'm wrong and there is an easy fix..anyone?
Buck_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-11, 04:04 PM   #1168
Theta Sigma
Seabed Comber

Downloads: 99
I'm still a little surprised that the RA team still choose to ignore the existence of JSGME, and can't help but continue wondering about the reasons for that.

Whether or not they intend so, by not including it, nor mentioning the manual JSGME install process or their reasons for recommending against it, they appear to ignore it, and there's little reason I can think of to do so, short of fear of competing mods.

To not make RA JSGME-compatible comes off as a little totalitarian in that light. Even with legitimate concerns of installation or gameplay issues (I'm not sure which come into play there), they could explain why in the included read me. JSGME has existed before RA, and is the standard installation platform used by their colleagues across the world for other DW mods.

In fact, RA has been compatible for some time if using the manual JSGME method of installation (Clean DW install > 1.04 patch > Copy install folder elsewhere > Install RA to that > Install JSGME to orig install > Copy back RA-installed DW folder to MODS folder as "RA" > Enable via JSGME) and I have used RA in this configuration for some time. The method is time consuming without JSGME, but it works, and I have not noticed any errors due to installing it in this fashion. That would seem to dispel any worries about JSGME.

I can understand the RA team not wishing to acknowledge other mods officially, and not undertake efforts to ensure their compatibility (they are rivals, not friends), but in going this far in the opposite direction, they even inconvenience the user in their effort to be exclusive of all else, since JSGME also allows a mod to be removed without a full re-installation of the game itself. Even if no other mod existed, JSGME would be a wise inclusion for this alone as any mod dev would want the user to revert back to a stock install. Well, at least others have done so.

Some may see this post in a negative light, but I'm raising a valid concern that has existed through the last few builds. I would rather not believe that the RA team are acting in bad faith here, and have another reason I'm unaware of. I certainly hope so, because a mod as fantastic as this, and believed by many to be the absolute best, need not resort to ignoring the competition, and just stand on its own merit.
Old 02-14-11, 09:08 AM   #1169
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0

@ Theta Sigma : maybe they just don't care. It can be as simple as this. Its not as if they are actively denying players the possiblity of installing another mod. As you stated it can be done, its a manual and lengthy process but it can be done and has been more or less the standard in various player communities.
There are tutorials all over the place on how to make RA/ AT3 and lwami all play nice with one another. There is just no 1 click installer.

Lwami is jsgme friendly because it doesn't touch new units. Even AT 3 that is jsgme friendly is not completely safe. Enable the mod and disable it and you'll find all kinds of empty folders in the Interface folder. And this can wreak havoc with another mod that also install new units. So you see its not a clear cut issue.

RA modifies very deeply DW, its no wonder the modders want to have RA installed all by itself. When they receive a bug report they might want to be sure the error is specific to RA and not to some weird combination of mods that are installed but disabled by jsgme and that can have collateral effects.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 12:51 PM   #1170
dd149
Soundman

Agree, the mod is touching too much of the game files, it could be a mess to track bugs with "uncontrolled installs" and the RA team is very much listening to bug reports and always tries to issue quick fixes. Let us be happy they find time and energy to improve the game.

Tags
reinforce alert