SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-16-12, 05:33 PM   #1126
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Keep forgetting to ask - I was using ToggleUI before the last game patch, which let me hotkey on key on the keyboard to turn the HUD on and off. But it no longer works since the latest patch, hasn't been updated, and I haven't found a suitable replacement. I don't want to redo or remove the HUD, I just want to be able to toggle if on and off as easily as possible for screenshots. Can anybody point me to an up-to-date mod that will let me do this? Thanks!
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-12, 06:42 PM   #1127
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

~
tm
enter

Done. :P

(have to enable it blind though, since it hides the console too)

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-12, 09:11 PM   #1128
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
~
tm
enter

Done. :P

(have to enable it blind though, since it hides the console too)
Yeah, and that's what I'm trying to avoid. I just want a one-key easy toggle so I can hit it and take a shot and hit it again and get my HUD back. Man, I wish ToggleUI would get updated because it was great.

Granted I haven't searched the Steam Workshop yet so there might be something there, but ToggleUI was some files including an .ini that you edited to select what your hotkey was, and I'd really rather have something that simple again.
Old 02-16-12, 09:53 PM   #1129
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 36

If it was a Valve game(Half life, or Source engine) it would be a simple matter of typing "Bind (key) tm" in console. But sadly I don't think Beth's engine lets you bind through the console.

In other news, Todd Howard has acknowledged that they knew the PS3 would have memory issues before the game was released. They just thought it would only effect a limited amount of people. What irks me is the fact that they make it sound like it's the PS3's fault, when in truth the PS3 is just as strong or stronger than the 360. I strike it up to developer lazyness .
Old 02-16-12, 10:13 PM   #1130
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

I strike it up to consoles holding back game development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
Yeah, and that's what I'm trying to avoid. I just want a one-key easy toggle so I can hit it and take a shot and hit it again and get my HUD back. Man, I wish ToggleUI would get updated because it was great.

Granted I haven't searched the Steam Workshop yet so there might be something there, but ToggleUI was some files including an .ini that you edited to select what your hotkey was, and I'd really rather have something that simple again.
You could use a program supporting macros in the mean time. Type it in and assign a key-combo, hit the combo in-game to execute.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 09:40 AM   #1131
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Lydia's getting the hang of it.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 09:59 AM   #1132
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

No, that's a total fail. He shouldn't be dead at all, he should be applying for a guard position at the nearest hold's recruiting office.
Old 02-17-12, 03:10 PM   #1133
soopaman2
Der Alte

Downloads: 61

Arrow crafting mods! Being able to melt down armor into ingots, and graphics fixes, (my wife Mjoll is so hot without facepaint)

I always found nexus mod manager more trouble than it was worth, but the steam work shop works for dummies like me, who want to play the mod, not spend a half hour fiddling with directories.

I only wish they would do the same for Fallout New Vegas.

-Winston Churchill-

The most fascinating man in the world.
soopaman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 03:20 PM   #1134
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Speaking of mods, anyone who wants few extra weapons to craft I recommend
the JaySuS Swords mod. Adds 47 new high quality weapons to the game.
Old 02-17-12, 03:47 PM   #1135
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Yeah I am interested in craftable arrows as well since you don't tend to find a lot of Daedric ones for sale or in random loot. Still using mostly ebony (which I have a huge supply of, thankfully) and saving the Daedric for the most "worthy" targets. I always thought it was a little odd that there was no way to make your own arrows already in the game.

I am looking forward to when the Dovahkiin Hideout mod gets finished (if it ever does) since the guy doing it claims it will eventually be configured with enough display space to display every possible item you could acquire in the game. It's also fantastic to have one central place to keep and use crafting supplies, even if being able to access it from every property you own does kill the immersion a little bit. I just pretend I've tunneled there from every other place I own.

Altho I would really prefer that he stop adding NPCs all over the damn place that I have to disable. I go there so I can run around and do stuff *without* other people getting in my way or asking what I'm doing or telling me to be careful. It's a HIDEOUT, not Grand Central Station. And I can't disable one of the most recent ones since there's an added quest item tied to him, which I've already found before I even knew it was tied to a new quest but I can't use it until he updates it properly so I just left it where it was. Then I made the mistake of talking to the new NPC who told me about it (thanks, gramps, been there done that almost wet myself in the process holy crap I was not expecting THAT) and now I've got some old dude walking around *my* place constantly asking me if I've found it yet.

That and the modder constantly adding 2-3 copies each of "books" that are just shout-outs to friends and contributors, which is a real pain for someone like me who is actually trying to collect and keep track of the real books in the game. Just more unwanted junk that I have to check and double-check, then pick up and stash away somewhere I don't care about... and more appear with every update. I know he wants to say thank you to a lot of people but seriously there has to be a way that isn't as much of an eyesore and general PITA.

Also it would be *really* nice if the mannequins all over Skyrim would stop changing gender and moving around when I'm not looking.

Saw a mod for some weapons you could craft from dragonswag to go with your dragon armor, which looked kinda cool, but IIRC they were rated about the same as ebony gear which makes them about as appealing as the dragon armor if you're already using Daedric stuff. Might be fun to make just to have on display, I'm already doing that with the dragon armor. I might actually improve a whole set of it as much as possible and wear it at the end of the main quest, just as a big "screw you" to Alduin. "Yeah, tough guy, you see what I'm wearing? I made this. FROM YOUR FRIENDS."
Old 02-17-12, 10:02 PM   #1136
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Just wondering if anyone's finished the thieves guild questline and given back te skeleton key? Is it worth it?
Old 02-18-12, 05:43 AM   #1137
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Just wondering if anyone's finished the thieves guild questline and given back te skeleton key? Is it worth it?
Is that a worry at all? I find lock picking in Skyrim to be extremely easy. To me it seems that any investement in lock picking perks, is a waste.

It'S the same system as in Fallout, isn't it!?

In Oblivion it was much more trickier.
Old 02-18-12, 08:50 AM   #1138
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Is that a worry at all? I find lock picking in Skyrim to be extremely easy. To me it seems that any investement in lock picking perks, is a waste.

In Oblivion it was much more trickier.
This.

Lockpicking in Skyrim is just a guessing game, you either get lucky or you dont. No "skill" involved at all.

Hence, I downloaded the Lockpick Pro mod that just shows the sweetspot.
Saves time.
Old 02-18-12, 09:18 AM   #1139
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Aye I ended up giving it up. The perks at the end are worth it. The only reason I wanted it was for when I reach those master locks I wouldn't have to go though a million picks.

Also, skybird, the lock picking tree is useless IMO so it's best to sink points in stuff you'll really gain a lot from. I food a decent guide explaining all the perks that go along with certain builds and explains it quote well (like how many perks you'd use of you were to 'dabble' effectively and so on. ) really helped me when I made my subsequent characters
Old 02-18-12, 09:22 AM   #1140
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

As i recall in fallout its a little bit harder, only in that to even attempt some locks, you have to have a minimum skill level.

For instance, in skyrim you can attempt a master lock with a novice skill level, but in fallout, you have to have a master skill level in order to attempt a master lock. At least, if i remember correctly. It's been awhile.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote