SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-29-12, 10:16 AM   #1111
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Crew already had left the ship in lifeboats..

OK.. Thanks
Only you will be able to find it.. We will wait..

yeah, I've seen that happen when I had to sink a merchant with my deck gun.. And then I watched it... for a long time. Eventually the game de-spawned the dead burning unit. Though, maybe, I was just too far away already (the sub itselft)
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-12, 10:19 AM   #1112
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
- from vanilla, sending any radio report/request should have a given probability connected with it that our message gets intercepted by nearby enemy units. As far as you know, is this working? If not, can you use this patch for addressing the problem (if any)?
well, even if they do get to interccept the message, Enigma knows its job. At least at the start of the war.
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-12, 10:23 AM   #1113
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Good one TDW

I have two questions:

- can you set this new patch to be only effective within a given range of dates? It should be only active a few weeks after the fall of France. Look here for the reason of my request: http://www.uboataces.com/tactics-wolfpack.shtml
The best would be if you can set players free to opt for their favourite starting and end dates, when enabling the patch, as you did for control damage settings.

- from vanilla, sending any radio report/request should have a given probability connected with it that our message gets intercepted by nearby enemy units. As far as you know, is this working? If not, can you use this patch for addressing the problem (if any)?
Maybe a later time when I discover the function call that gets the game's current date/time I'll be able to add something like you mention. If I can find the function call it's just a simple matter of adding code to compare the dates.

As I said the new function I made to spawn units can spawn any unit, of any nationality, of any quantity, at any time (and theoretically at any depth - though I have not tested this part of it yet). So I could 'roll the dice' and see if your contact report gets intercepted by anything and if so spawn a ship or airplane (or even an enemy sub!) But then you get into the tricky details of what to spawn? Ship, airplane, or sub? I (currently) have no way to tell how far any enemy airbase or naval base is from your current position
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-12, 10:36 AM   #1114
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Maybe a later time when I discover the function call that gets the game's current date/time I'll be able to add something like you mention. If I can find the function call it's just a simple matter of adding code to compare the dates.
Okay,
I think it is something we can live with, provided that in the meanwhile we are free to enable/disable the patch whenever we want during campaign...

Quote:
As I said the new function I made to spawn units can spawn any unit, of any nationality, of any quantity, at any time (and theoretically at any depth - though I have not tested this part of it yet). So I could 'roll the dice' and see if your contact report gets intercepted by anything and if so spawn a ship or airplane (or even an enemy sub!) But then you get into the tricky details of what to spawn? Ship, airplane, or sub? I (currently) have no way to tell how far any enemy airbase or naval base is from your current position
Yes, this is a drawback that I thought about. I suppose tha being harassed by a spawned enemy aircraft due to a radio message sent from the mid Atlantic gap area, wouldn't be very gratifying experience
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-12, 11:29 AM   #1115
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155

Hi TDW

You have not seen anything on the status day/night
The only controller that has a variable day/night,is the LightHallo (SHcontrollers)
which gives me a hallo light (white), but attached to the bone (and not on objects)
If you could having a look... that will be really cool

Ps: or if you find the "timer" ? that to see, does not work on the normal time (i have a lag after 24hours)
otherwise I can try to create bones for each lightbulbs, and use the light hallo

Thank in advance

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-12, 02:43 PM   #1116
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

@ TDW

The fifth day after destruction..

Two days later

Looking forward to your fix

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-12, 03:40 PM   #1117
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106

I hope that gets fixed soon.
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-12, 04:55 PM   #1118
Segwin
Planesman

Downloads: 127

Quote:
Wait till you see it in action in game. Takes this sim to a whole new dimension.

When I code in my ideas for the carriers/cruisers it'll go up another dimension on the realism scale

I have about 30% of the game decoded now. Almost all the major functions I have figured out along with variable locations. It's been a long journey up to this point
Thanks for all the time and effort
Segwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-12, 02:04 AM   #1119
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Hi TDW!

There is an issue when using the AI Crew Damage Control patch..
The destroyed ships don't sink now..

Yes, I noticed the same yesterday!

I think that has to do with the zones.cfg that comes with the Fix (AI_Crew_Damage_Control_Revised_Zones_cfg_Based_On _FX_Update_By_TheDarkWraith), or?!

Because IIRC the sinking times is setting in the zones.cfg.

Can this problem eventually solved when we used the zones.cfg from "AI_Crew_Damage_Control_Testing_Increased_Flooding _Via_Zones_cfg_file"?

Best regards,
Magic
Old 08-31-12, 11:49 PM   #1120
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

v1.0.68.0 released. See post #1

This new version adds my new mega-patch Contact report wolfpacks. Here's how it works:

When you send in a contact report there is a 10% chance that Bdu will vector subs to your position. After sending in the contact report there can be up to a 1 hr delay before Bdu responds back. If they respond back within an hour you will get a message in your messagebox saying 'Shadow contact/convoy while awaiting reinforcements' (I plan on changing this once I learn how to spawn the official radio messages).

If Bdu responded back saying to shadow contact/convoy then they are sending up to a max of 4 subs to your position. Each sub can take up to 8 hrs to get to your position. Each sub will have a random crew level.

When the subs are close to your position and are spawned they are given two (2) waypoints: the first is your position, the second is their current position (so they return to where they came from).

If during their transit to your position they sight any enemies they will engage them.

If they engage any enemies then once the engagement is done they will continue following waypoints.

They are able to make multiple engagements while they are 'active'.

When they reach the end of their second waypoint they will be removed from the game (they will disappear)

Once you send in a contact report Bdu will not consider trying to send subs to your position again for at least 18 hrs. This means send contact reports wisely!

This is the first version of this patch. More work is currently being done on it

TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-12, 04:35 AM   #1121
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Old 09-01-12, 05:00 AM   #1122
Daytrader
Sailor man

Downloads: 48

Nice job, do you add readme's with this new info in each release ? would be good for new people like me.
Old 09-01-12, 08:17 AM   #1123
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
v1.0.68.0 released. See post #1

This is the first version of this patch. More work is currently being done on it

I got a question and one of my clumsy ideas for you.

I will start with the question:

when the supporting subs are given our position as first waypoint, is this waypoint static or is it moving with us? In other words, if we request reinforcements and then move from our initial position for shadowing the convoy, where exactly the supporting units wil look for us?

and now my idea, for when you will be able to read current date/time

It requires as well your patch to be able reading an array of map positions from an external file (like the ones used for historical radio messages), and to calculate distances between 2 points.

In a nutshell: using datas available on the web, we could create some tables containing historical U-boat positions for each date. After rolling the dices for determining wether BdU will respond back to our request, and the number of friendly units that will be sent, the game should look in those tables for the n units closer to our position on that date. If they are within a given range from us, they spawn (with some random delay) at the position stated in the table, headig toward us, and BdU send us the 'Shadow contact/convoy while awaiting reinforcements' message. If noone of them meets this requirement, no support unit is spawned, and we get the message 'no unit in your current area' or so.

In this way, the probability to get reinforcements, and the number of supporting units, would be related to the historical presence and frequency of U-boats in any given area and date.

What do you think?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-12, 08:44 AM   #1124
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Hi TDW

I have been testing your new patch today
I am in 1939 and following a convoy.
I sent my first contact report - no response from BdU
I followed for another 18 hours and sent another contact - no message
Another 18 hours and another contact report = no message

So am I correct in thinking that at he moment we will only get a message if our 1 in 10 chance is chosen and we only get a shot at the 1 in 10 chanse every 18 hours
Old 09-01-12, 09:44 AM   #1125
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Would this be the dbview report for a failed contact report to BdU:-

Code:

00001199 1843.79333496 [6664] New radio contact report received  
00001200 1843.79357910 [6664] Determining radio contact report course  
00001201 1843.79357910 [6664] Radio contact report received. Verifying range  
00001202 1843.79858398 [6664] Range was not verified for radio contact report