SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-01-11, 06:03 AM   #1066
shanetrott
Seaman

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@ShaneTrott:

What I meant specifically from Neal's thread was:
Then just install these files, and you have a SH3.exe compatible with H.sie also.

Stiebler.
@Stiebler sorry I misread the thread. I managed to find one site where the link to the archives mentioned worked but it still gave the checksum error with patch routine. I noticed the date time stamp was Sep 2005 as opposed to the earlier one in the readme. I'll keep searching but hopefully h.sie's method for patching different versions works out.

VMT for your help in any case.
shanetrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 02:55 AM   #1067
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

@shanetrott: Unfortunately, my idea did not work. so someone with good assembler skills and a lot of endurance, patience and time would have to manually popel (german word for "to patch") all the fixes to the sh3.exe. that are hundreds of lines of assembler in the meantine. tiresome!!!

according to privateer, these starforce-removed sh3.exe files are more unstable than the newest one that never had starforce in it. so you benefit twice from paying some bucks for the newest one:

1) more stability

2) compatibility to the V15X "realism patches"

In germany: 4,36 Euros (amazon.de)

Sorry for not being very helpful,
h.sie
Old 03-02-11, 08:45 AM   #1068
ryanwigginton
Weps

Downloads: 68

h.sie, are some of the other fixes on your mediafire page significant enough to include in your patch kit? I was specifically thinking The TMTv2 & Randomised Search Lights combi-mods and also the No Continuous 'Ship Spotted!' mod. I think everyone looking for a realistic game will appreciate these.

And I think all will agree, there's too much 'mod soup' out there.
Old 03-02-11, 08:52 AM   #1069
h.sie
Admiral

@ryanwigginton:

The patch kit includes only assembler based fixes (hard coded things). All other mods that can be done without changing hardcode are not included.

combining mods A and B to one combimod C has the problem that some other people tend to use only A and not B or B and not A.
Old 03-02-11, 09:26 AM   #1070
ryanwigginton
Weps

Of course. Hard code and the other files - both different beasts.
Old 03-02-11, 05:35 PM   #1071
h.sie
Admiral

Are there still people with incompatible sh3.exe versions who are interested in using my fixes?
Old 03-02-11, 07:33 PM   #1072
Stoli151
Helmsman

Downloads: 333

Most definitely, yes! If it makes a difference I have a steam version and I get the wrong checksum.
Stoli151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 07:54 PM   #1073
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

The Steam version of SH3.exe is different from other versions of the SH3.exe
Old 03-03-11, 02:25 AM   #1074
h.sie
Admiral

@privateer: what are the differences between steam version and other versions? bugfixes? copy-protection? thanks!
h.sie
Old 03-03-11, 03:32 AM   #1075
ryanwigginton
Weps

Just now I tried to cause flooding by crashing hard into the sea bed. All that seems to happen is minor damage to random compartments (which turn yellow for a second or two before reverting back), and no flooding. Has anyone tried to change this. h.sie is this something you can adjust?

I would expect moderate - severe damage to the forward torpedo room and some serious flooding, again in the forward compartments.
Old 03-03-11, 06:13 AM   #1076
h.sie
Admiral

@ryanwigginton: My repair times fix does enlarge repair times by a factor of 60, but it does not change the amount of damage taken when a shell hits the boat or a collision occurs. But it's already on my (very long) todo-list to change the collision behaviour e.g. when colliding with a destroyer.

That's all coded in Sh3Collisions.act
Old 04-06-11, 02:53 AM   #1077
h.sie
Admiral

Moin!

According to LGN1's research, the modelling/calculation of Oxygen-Supply and Diving Times in SH3 is wrong:

(In the following, let's assume a max. diving time of 72 hours for example.)

In SH3, when surfacing after 72 hours of diving, the complete supply of oxygene is restored, so that the boat is able to dive 72 hours for a second and third time and so on.

According to LGN1's research, the situation was different in reality: After 5-6 hours of diving, the oxygene in the air of the boat became so low that one had to add oxygene from the oxygene supply (what leads to a max. diving time of 72 hours). BUT THE OXYGENE SUPPLY COULD NOT BE RESTORED. When surfacing, only the oxygene in the air of the compartments of the boat is restored, so that the boat is only able to dive for 5-6 hours in the future, because the oxygene supply is empty.

That means: The player has to be very economical with oxygene supply. Diving periods longer than 5-6 hours are critical because oxygene supply is used and reduced and cannot be restored.

In my opinion this is a very interesting point, because is adds a stategical component to the game. But before I try to model / program this, I want to know if there is any historical information about oxygene supply and diving times.....

Thank you!
h.sie

On the ToDO-List:

* Accurate modelling of Oxygene supply
* Adapt Stieblers Fixes to fit my personal taste (if I get his permission)
* Try to model more dud torpedoes.
* After that: Stop modding, start playing!

Last edited by h.sie; 04-06-11 at 07:22 AM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 02:56 AM   #1078
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 570

h.sie, i noticed that the tprpeod reload feature on your mod affects the load times of interior torpedoes. In bad weather it seems, loading is halted. Was this the case on the real boats? Were the crew unbale to load the tubes in high seas/storms?
brett25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 03:09 AM   #1079
Salvadoreno
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett25 View Post
h.sie, i noticed that the tprpeod reload feature on your mod affects the load times of interior torpedoes. In bad weather it seems, loading is halted. Was this the case on the real boats? Were the crew unbale to load the tubes in high seas/storms?
Yes loading the external tubes in high seas was impossible. Awesome featue..

So with NYGM 3.4 and MaGUI is this mod compatible? Its been a while so i dont know how much has been updated. Longer repair times still not compatible?
Old 04-06-11, 03:16 AM   #1080
h.sie
Admiral

Brett is asking about the INTERNAL torpedoes. In storm you have to dive below 30m in order to reload internal eels. I hope this is realistic, but I'm not sure. It was a community member request.

@Salva: Longer repair times still not compatible to NYGM, since NYGM already has his own damage model with longer repair times.