SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-19-13, 02:26 PM   #1066
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3227
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrescopeland View Post
I've recently bought a new computer (8 gig ram, 2gig dedicated graphics card yadayadayada... runs games full spec) and set about installing one of my all time favourites SH4 after quickly dismissing SH5.. downloaded rfb, its patch, rsrd and it's patch then booted it up to see it in all it's glory however... When I load up the campaign and start a mission it shows the loading screen and a message (sink them all or it's equivalent) then nothing, I then have to restart the computer due to not being able to force close it (many thanks windows 8). I do have the steam version and U-boat expansion and installation is no longer in 'program files' as I've heard that can cause issues. Someone please help as one of my main reasons for updating my computer from the previous one (that had been abused by SHIII GWX) was to sink my teeth into 4. Thanks in advance and I really hope that someone has an answer!!!!!
Do you use 4 Gb patch?

Regards

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-13, 05:34 PM   #1067
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
I've recently bought a new computer (8 gig ram, 2gig dedicated graphics card yadayadayada... runs games full spec) and set about installing one of my all time favourites SH4 after quickly dismissing SH5.. downloaded rfb, its patch, rsrd and it's patch then booted it up to see it in all it's glory however... When I load up the campaign and start a mission it shows the loading screen and a message (sink them all or it's equivalent) then nothing, I then have to restart the computer due to not being able to force close it (many thanks windows 8). I do have the steam version and U-boat expansion and installation is no longer in 'program files' as I've heard that can cause issues. Someone please help as one of my main reasons for updating my computer from the previous one (that had been abused by SHIII GWX) was to sink my teeth into 4. Thanks in advance and I really hope that someone has an answer!!!!!

This sounds to me like you might have one of the mods installed in the wrong order. Not trying to insult your intelligence, but check to make sure that you have the mods installed correctly in the right order.

One other possibility, check to make sure that the version of SH4 you downloaded from steam is v1.5 and not v1.4. RFB 2.0 is geared toward v1.5 of SH4.

Hope you get things working.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-13, 09:52 PM   #1068
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Downloads: 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
This sounds to me like you might have one of the mods installed in the wrong order. Not trying to insult your intelligence, but check to make sure that you have the mods installed correctly in the right order.

One other possibility, check to make sure that the version of SH4 you downloaded from steam is v1.5 and not v1.4. RFB 2.0 is geared toward v1.5 of SH4.

Hope you get things working.
Last I heard the one you get on steam is v1.3.
Admiral Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-13, 08:00 PM   #1069
sckallst
Bosun

Downloads: 115

Make sure when you are installing mods that the folders are exactly right as well. Sometimes you get a 'folder within a folder' problem such that when you think you are installing a mod you really aren't.
sckallst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-13, 12:31 PM   #1070
andrescopeland
Watch

Downloads: 112

I've followed pretty much everything and tried the whole programs thing to no avail.. Did a quick test to see if the stock game worked and it does.. Really starting to struggle with it, the last time I tried it with the mod was from a fresh install and I started a mission and thought yes (as it had entered it and I was in the sub)!!! But I spoke to soon and as I went to the bridge voila - crash. Started it up again only to find the same thing (now would freeze starting a mission - just after the quote). Really starting to struggle and get frustrated but feel I'm fighting a losing battle.
andrescopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-13, 04:07 PM   #1071
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
I've followed pretty much everything and tried the whole programs thing to no avail.. Did a quick test to see if the stock game worked and it does.. Really starting to struggle with it, the last time I tried it with the mod was from a fresh install and I started a mission and thought yes (as it had entered it and I was in the sub)!!! But I spoke to soon and as I went to the bridge voila - crash. Started it up again only to find the same thing (now would freeze starting a mission - just after the quote). Really starting to struggle and get frustrated but feel I'm fighting a losing battle.

Have you tried installing one mod at at time then trying the game to see if it works correctly? One of the mods might be have become corrupted during the download, thus causing a problem.

Old 06-23-13, 12:07 AM   #1072
Ark
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 95

Steam + the U-Boat missions upddates both to 1.5 I believe (1.5 is in the bottom right of the screen after loading).

Question; How do I know RFB is installed? I entered RFB (with patch) + RSRD (with patch) and the game loads fine, but theres notwhere stating RFB is active.

Is there a quick way to check?
Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
Core i7 920 @ 3.8ghz
6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
Evga GTX 285 SSC
SB X-FI Fatality
640GB WD "Black"
Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer 23" H233H
Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-13, 11:29 AM   #1073
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark View Post
Steam + the U-Boat missions upddates both to 1.5 I believe (1.5 is in the bottom right of the screen after loading).

Question; How do I know RFB is installed? I entered RFB (with patch) + RSRD (with patch) and the game loads fine, but theres notwhere stating RFB is active.

The opening screen after the intro movies should say RFB on it. Sounds like it didn't load right. You are using the JSGME correct? Try uninstalling the mods and then reinstalling.

Old 06-23-13, 09:03 PM   #1074
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark View Post

The first thing I would check is the file/folder structure. Sometimes you get a duplicate folder when you unzip mods. This prevents them from being properly activated.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-13, 03:46 AM   #1075
Ark
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpX View Post
The first thing I would check is the file/folder structure. Sometimes you get a duplicate folder when you unzip mods. This prevents them from being properly activated.

Yep, that was it! Thanks for the help.
Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
Core i7 920 @ 3.8ghz
6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
Evga GTX 285 SSC
SB X-FI Fatality
640GB WD "Black"
Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer 23" H233H
Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-13, 08:05 PM   #1076
TorpX
Silent Hunter

I'm happy to help.
Old 09-23-13, 08:42 PM   #1077
SainnQ
Nub

Downloads: 15

So I recently installed RFB 2.0 and RSRD 575.

and I've noticed my torpedo track indicator is gone, I'm assuming that's a function of the mods.

How difficult would it be for me to restore it to the SHIV default? I love just about everything else with the mods, but I'm naked without my tracking indicator.
SainnQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-13, 02:16 AM   #1078
TorpX
Silent Hunter

The RFB team had the view that the "attack map" stuff was too much of a gamey advantage; so you won't have the torpedo track.

I can't tell you how to restore it, though.

Personally, I am used to going without it on patrol, but I wouldn't mind having it for training/testing purposes.
Old 09-30-13, 02:59 PM   #1079
SainnQ
Nub

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpX View Post
The RFB team had the view that the "attack map" stuff was too much of a gamey advantage; so you won't have the torpedo track.

I can't tell you how to restore it, though.

Personally, I am used to going without it on patrol, but I wouldn't mind having it for training/testing purposes.
Whelp I read a instructional from another mod. Infact I believe it was Trigger Maru Overhauled.

A pair of files need to be removed from the mod folder. Program Files(x##)/Data/Menu/Gui Look for ContLine.dds and DashLine.dds

You may need to experiment, due to the game still not adding back in active tracking of the torpedoes "flight path" but rather only adding back in the initial direction it takes, and the bold green line indicating it's curve.

It may be as simple as adding one or the other file back to the GUI. Hope that helps.

and I apologize if this information was preferred left out by the RFB team.
SainnQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 12:43 AM   #1080
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Thanks for posting the info. I'll play around with it and see how it goes.