Closed Thread

Old 07-27-19, 09:58 AM   #10531
kraznyi_oktjabr
Sea Lord

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
The charm offensive continues but where is all the money going to come from ?
If he continues at current pace, only "viable" answer is tax increases and pension cuts...

That reminded me of one somewhat ironic thing in the Brexit: tax paying, working age people are leaving the UK, while pension rising, elderly subjects are returning to enjoy NHS services as they no longer can do so elsewhere (as EU member state's citizens they were covered in other EU countires to certain extent). At the same time many educated, working age Britons are applying for Belgian, French, Finnish and other nationailities to continue working here.

I'm not saying this is deal maker/breaker, but its nice silver lining in this mess from Finnish (and propably Spanish as well) point of view.
Old 07-27-19, 05:11 PM   #10532
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

It's like in the US, which probably is why Trump loves BoJo so much.

Johnson simply acts in a fact-free zone. There is no need to address any specifics, or actual evidence. He has crafted this technique with his anti-EU crusade, supported by xenophobe feelings. He simply talks and talks and talks like a steamroller, it does not have to be true.

But his unfounded claims and phantasies resonate with conservatives like Rees-Mogg who want their own forthcoming promoted, to be hidden - though officially supported - by the "imperial spirit".
Anything trying to introduce modern science or ideas is being regarded as a personal attack. They publicly claim that teamwork with other nations on an equal level would destroy patriotism and ENGLAND. When it comes to Ireland, Wales or Scotland, they are dismissed as lower colonies.

Bojo tries to impress by catchphrases and slur to avoid serious discussion, to connect with voters liking their resentment and bias to be reflected by a public figure or 'importance'.
Remains to see if voters fall for this.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 07-27-19, 07:11 PM   #10533
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Bojo is clearly on the vote for me by making big promises and throwing money around like there is no tomorrow. Once again people are taken in what next, Bojo takes to the air and visits as many city's as he can. Well it worked for you know who...

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 07-28-19, 05:28 AM   #10534
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
It's like in the US, which probably is why Trump loves BoJo so much.

Johnson simply acts in a fact-free zone. There is no need to address any specifics, or actual evidence. He has crafted this technique with his anti-EU crusade, supported by xenophobe feelings. He simply talks and talks and talks like a steamroller, it does not have to be true.

But his unfounded claims and phantasies resonate with conservatives like Rees-Mogg who want their own forthcoming promoted, to be hidden - though officially supported - by the "imperial spirit".
Anything trying to introduce modern science or ideas is being regarded as a personal attack. They publicly claim that teamwork with other nations on an equal level would destroy patriotism and ENGLAND. When it comes to Ireland, Wales or Scotland, they are dismissed as lower colonies.

Bojo tries to impress by catchphrases and slur to avoid serious discussion, to connect with voters liking their resentment and bias to be reflected by a public figure or 'importance'.
Remains to see if voters fall for this.
What could possibly go wrong?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 07-28-19, 08:35 AM   #10535
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
No-deal Brexit now 'assumed' by government, says Gove.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49141375
Things aren't looking all that great atm but I'd still like to know how this will get past Parliament.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 07-28-19, 09:14 AM   #10536
STEED
Lucky Jack

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...on-tells-boris

Wonder who will or so speak out from the tory ranks in Westminster, one thing is for sure both sides are preparing for a Westminster bloodbath after the summer break. Most businesses are still not ready for a crash out.

So Bojo the clock is ticking the game of poker is coming to a end are you going to show your cards and money or are you going to run away.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 07-28-19, 09:47 AM   #10537
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Things aren't looking all that great atm but I'd still like to know how this will get past Parliament.
Translates into: How will no-confidence vote and elections be avoided until Octobre 31st?

He seems to contradict himself in strategy there. He makes promises that obviously aim at winning the next election. Still any early elections are a very uncertain ground for the Tories right now, and he seems to repeat the same mistake that May once did: overestimating chances.

Anyhow, he is in a trap already. And he volunteered for stepping into it.
Old 07-29-19, 03:25 AM   #10538
Catfish

^ i guesss his "strategy" is to fend off Farrago in promising and trying to create even more hyperbole than the latter.

Old 07-29-19, 05:34 AM   #10539
STEED
Lucky Jack

Tories are in front of the Brexit party in the latest polls.....SO WHAT!

Bojo will be blocked by the EU and Parliment at every turn so watch the tories fall again in the polls.

Meanwhile Bojo is off to Scotland to sweat talk the fish wife and throw money at her. Once again we ask where is the money coming from, the magic money tree?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-49146480

In the world of business the CBI has warned the UK and the EU are not ready for a crash out.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49142762

Last edited by STEED; 07-29-19 at 05:45 AM.
Old 07-29-19, 06:19 AM   #10540
Catfish

@Jim: ^^^those Boris pictures are mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
[...] Meanwhile Bojo is off to Scotland to sweat talk the fish wife and throw money at her. Once again we ask where is the money coming from, the magic money tree? [...]
Boris Johnson also said he wanted to massively cut company taxes.
So maybe Steed has to pay instead

Seriously, if all else fails.. what about a united Ireland? Backstop would not be necessary.
What about Scotland?

Old 07-29-19, 06:46 AM   #10541
STEED
Lucky Jack

I'm not paying I don't pay taxes as I fall outside the tax band unless Bojo changes all that.

Meanwhile breaking news off the radio, the government will not talk to the EU if they don't remove the backstop and draw up a new withdraw agreement. The game of poker is on, who has the best poker face.

Old 07-29-19, 06:49 AM   #10542
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Jim missed one where Bojo pushed that kid over in a game of rugby.

Old 07-29-19, 07:50 AM   #10543
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Quote:
Meanwhile Bojo is off to Scotland to sweat talk the fish wife and throw money at her. Once again we ask where is the money coming from, the magic money tree?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-49146480
You and Jim may not like her (neither do I), but she and the SNP Administration in Edinburgh are a legally elected Governing body.

They're only doing what they see is in the best interests of their electorate, even if that clashes with or is against the interests of English voters. At least Holyrood hasn't been around long enough to need draining, unlike Westminster.

As for tax bands, my own opinion is that the tax free allowance should be scrapped altogether and everyone pays income tax, even if it's only nominal amount. That way everyone contributes into the system.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 07-29-19, 09:30 AM   #10544
kraznyi_oktjabr
Sea Lord

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Meanwhile breaking news off the radio, the government will not talk to the EU if they don't remove the backstop and draw up a new withdraw agreement. The game of poker is on, who has the best poker face.
Its damn good thing I'm not in the Commission! I would propably choke trying to avoid laughing.
Old 07-29-19, 02:31 PM   #10545
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:

Aye, he's a mean one alright

Jimbuna is online  
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics