SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-09-10, 04:55 AM   #91
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Actually no. What do you need? Pic of the TDC in the con? Can do if you want it.
And the torpedo spread angle calculator above the angle solver please, if you can.
Old 07-09-10, 06:49 AM   #92
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis View Post
And the torpedo spread angle calculator above the angle solver please, if you can.
I will be there July 17th. I will see if she still has one and take the picture for you. Just made my appt reminder on my phone to check it out.
Old 07-10-10, 04:09 PM   #93
zero2005
Sailor man

Downloads: 105

here's a question, it says on the main page that its available for the balao and gato boats, but i only have it for the gato?
zero2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 04:11 PM   #94
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

The Balao and Gato share the same model in the stock game. You must be using a mod that creates a new unique interior for the Balao.
Old 07-10-10, 05:39 PM   #95
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

For those that want some simple missions to practice with, I have uploaded a set of radar training missions for you to practice with.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1952

Mission 1

An assortment of ships at close range, so you can practice taking bearing with the radar with the PPI scope and then then 'A' Scope.

Missions 2

Three stationary targets at longer range for you to practice sinking.

Mission 3

A variety of moving ships for you to practice targetting and sinking:

Target on known course of 105, approaching from the NW.
Target on unknown and different course each time, approaching from NE.
Target on unknown and different course each time, with an unknown random zig pattern.

Mission 4

The same as mission 3, except in the fog, so you cannot use optical bearings.

When you have mastered all the missions, try them with map contacts off and then try them whilst you are cruising along, instead of being stationary.
Old 07-10-10, 06:01 PM   #96
zero2005
Sailor man

Ah, yea, dunno my version must have gotten corrupted with a recent spyware attack. after rebooting clean, it was working on a couple more boats than just the gato/balao (also probably the boats that share gato interior?). but my hydrophone station was jacked up, the send range to TDC and the range switches were completely gone. dunno if this is conflict with TMO 2.0 or not, and am going to attempt re-installing the 3d TDC to see if it fixes it.

also noticed that occasionally i would have problems getting the taget blips to come on the A-scope. but might also be a side effect of the mods + my spyware intrusion...

if i find out more i'll let you know

edit: thanks for the missions too!
Old 07-10-10, 06:06 PM   #97
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero2005 View Post
also noticed that occasionally i would have problems getting the taget blips to come on the A-scope. but might also be a side effect of the mods + my spyware intrusion...
OK, well not sure about the send range switch missing from the sonar stack, that might be a problem with the mod, let me know!

Does the target appear on the PPI scope as well? If not, then it's probably an aircraft screaming in. If it does, then switch to the longest scale (40k non precise mode) and sweep just a few degrees anti clockwise of the pip on the PPI scope and see if the pip appears on the 'A' Scope.
Old 07-10-10, 06:18 PM   #98
zero2005
Sailor man

nah, i confirmed it was a ship (Hakusika Maru). but thanks for the tip on the Aircraft!
EDIT: more info on the contact issue, its fluctuating, i think, because the boat is rocking back and forth ever so slightly while surfaced. at radar depth, i have no problem having a solid pip. fully surfaced the antenna is bobbing about like a bouy. wind speed 7, direction 327, target at my approx 280-290, range 12.4nm.

also, i used JSGME to install the test missions, and there's no option to select Balao or Gato (its under Sub School?) just the Porpoise.

disabled then re-enabled the mod via JSGME, and switches are still missing from sonar stack.

mods are(in order of JSGME):

TMO 2.0
RSRDC_TMO_v502
RSRDC_V5XX_Patch1
HI RES Red fin Balao
3D TDC/Range unit
Radar Training Missions

disabling the mod brings the switches back for TMO 2.0, but thats no fun since now i am left squinting at the radar pips trying to guess range lol.

Last edited by zero2005; 07-10-10 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-10-10, 09:33 PM   #99
John Channing
Sea Lord

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 5

Place the mission folders manually into the singlemission folder. Then you can select either Balao or Gato from Single Missions.

JCC
John Channing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 09:50 PM   #100
zero2005
Sailor man

Ah thanks alot, lol im such a noob
Old 07-10-10, 09:55 PM   #101
John Channing
Sea Lord

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 5

Don't feel bad. I struggled with that for a day or so before I figured it out.

JCC
John Channing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 10:11 PM   #102
zero2005
Sailor man

ok, so here's one last update on my bug find for the missing switches, it seems they're not missing, they've just been misplaced! after re-installing everything, i have found that they're normal location, which is usually right below the range indicator, has just the 2 dots that surround the normal switch location (and the labels for them too)

BUT i found the actual switches! they have just been moved, to the right side panel where the gold handle is! right above where the send bearing switch is (hey great, i NEVER knew that switch was there to begin with lol that would have helped a ton)

so i can still use them, they're just kinda out of the way a bit. not too big a deal. i'll see if i can get a good screenshot up of what i mean.
Old 07-15-10, 12:23 PM   #103
Donkey-Shot11
Watch

Downloads: 39

I've installed this mod with JSGME, but I can't get SH IV to work now. I get a bunch of messages saying .tga files are missing.
Donkey-Shot11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 12:44 PM   #104
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

If you uninstall it, does the problem persist. Also, what do the error messages actually say?
Old 07-15-10, 03:05 PM   #105
Donkey-Shot11
Watch

Downloads: 39

The intro wil play, the splashscreen loads up to near 100% but than hangs before the main menu is loaded. When I press alt-tab I get messages that the following files are missing: black80.tga, CrewSysteManagement.dds, Dials_us_metric.tga, dials_us_metric.tga & hud.tga

I also get the following message: There is a new (not implemented) page: <Page ChooseLoadSave>

When I uninstall 3D TDC, I can run SH IV without incident. I have SH IV freshly installed with patch 1.4, no other mods. I run SH IV on Win7 64 bit.
Donkey-Shot11 is offline   Reply With Quote