SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-12-17, 10:38 AM   #1
SAIIIRAI
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDuke2 View Post
Every mod i try to install ends up with some sort of error especialy the missing mk 45.txt file. How can this problem be fixed?(without some sort of verification)
Same problem here, the game won't start because of this mk.45 file, I already had the previous version of the mode and everything was OK, is there any solution to this problem?
SAIIIRAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-17, 10:54 AM   #2
Ramius
Commander

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDuke2 View Post
Every mod i try to install ends up with some sort of error especialy the missing mk 45.txt file. How can this problem be fixed?(without some sort of verification)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAIIIRAI View Post
Same problem here, the game won't start because of this mk.45 file, I already had the previous version of the mode and everything was OK, is there any solution to this problem?
Yea, update the game via steam. The mod needs the latest version of it to run.
Old 10-14-17, 12:47 PM   #3
LCDR Chris
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 15
Default Trouble installing the mod

I have tried to install but when i place the override folder in the streaming assets folder and i launch the game it says that the file usn_mk45_description.txt is missing from the default folder placed in the streaming assets one. I have added the folder and the game to the exceptions list of my anti-virus program and i did delete and replaced the override folder several times with no result.I have also tried to create a mk45 description file (a simple copy of mk48 description renamed) and placed it to the position asked by the app but that didn't solve it as it kept asking for more missing files. What should i do? I really want this mod.

Thanks in advance.
LCDR Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-17, 01:02 PM   #4
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

LCDR Chris! & SAIIIRI!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-17, 01:37 PM   #5
Ramius
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCDR Chris View Post
I have tried to install but when i place the override folder in the streaming assets folder and i launch the game it says that the file usn_mk45_description.txt is missing from the default folder placed in the streaming assets one. I have added the folder and the game to the exceptions list of my anti-virus program and i did delete and replaced the override folder several times with no result.I have also tried to create a mk45 description file (a simple copy of mk48 description renamed) and placed it to the position asked by the app but that didn't solve it as it kept asking for more missing files. What should i do? I really want this mod.

Thanks in advance.
update the game via steam. The mod needs the latest version of it to run.
Old 10-14-17, 02:27 PM   #6
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Looking at Steam again and how it does updates just to make sure before I say something here. How are people not getting updates to the game? I understand not updating to a beta as you have to opt in to that. So what is the official public release then? If it is in fact 1.08c and they aren't getting updates the only logical conclusions are that they are in offline mode (but why as they are getting mods anyways) or pirating the game.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-17, 04:49 PM   #7
Ramius
Commander

I find it strange how its nearly always first post questions saying its not working - yet they don't go to the place where they "bought" the game from
Old 10-14-17, 07:32 PM   #8
Barleyman
Gunner

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius View Post
I find it strange how its nearly always first post questions saying its not working - yet they don't go to the place where they "bought" the game from
Well, TBH since Steam implemented the returns policy they went from "we haz teh money muhahaha" to actually being somewhat helpful
Barleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-17, 11:22 PM   #9
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Location: Long Island, New York...home of the 5 gallon economy bucket of "Cruiser's Crunchy Egg Salad"!!!
Downloads: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius View Post

OMG!! This is unbelievable!! Just reading this thread how many times has it happened? The same post over and over by guys...... who just joined the forum and have less than 4 posts to their name. This is wrong in so many ways. If it was up to me they would be permanently banned from ever downloading another mod file from here. They won't buy the game but they'll gladly download stuff, and bitch and moan when they can't. I'm like seriously p******D off right now.
CaptainCruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-17, 12:24 PM   #10
Méhlv
Nub

Nvm
Méhlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-17, 04:14 PM   #11
MR. Wood
Planesman

Downloads: 170
Uploads: 5

The Upholder class had a beautiful model right before the last major update I wanna say 2 updates back any chance of getting that back. Anyone think about making a USS Parch 80s model.

Last edited by MR. Wood; 10-21-17 at 08:08 PM.
MR. Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-17, 05:29 PM   #12
XPETIT
Watch

Downloads: 6
Default Triomphant Class

I,

Like I said, i had created a Triomphant class in 2 versions. I put a picture of the one I think is best.

Find more in my net site here : http://xavier.petit.pagesperso-orange.fr//

I hope It will be include in all futur update...

Greetings.
Xavier PETIT
XPETIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-17, 05:54 PM   #13
XPETIT
Watch

Default Class Triomphant for this excellent mod

I

Here you can find the URL to download override directory with tromphant include.
http://xavier.petit.pagesperso-orang...s/override.zip

And here the good URL for my net site.
http://xavier.petit.pagesperso-orange.fr//
Thanks a lot CaptainX3. And I hope you could keep it in your futur update.

Greetings.

Xavier.

Last edited by XPETIT; 10-24-17 at 04:04 PM.
XPETIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-17, 05:07 PM   #14
Rufus Shinra
Soundman

Location: The land of the free with a glorious military history (France)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPETIT View Post
I

Here you can find the URl to download override directory woth tromphant include.
http://xavier.petit.pagesperso-orang...s/override.zip

And here the good URl for my net site.
http://xavier.petit.pagesperso-orange.fr//
Thanks a lot CaptainX3. And i hope you could keep it in your futur update.

Greetings.

Xavier.
Fellow French here, first of all, great job on Le Triomphant, but I feel its performances are a tad exagerrated here. IRL, it has 18 torpedoes and missiles (so, 22 with the tubes themselves), not 42 or so and its speed of 40 kts is a bit astounding: it should be reduced to something like 32 (the official speed is 25, but we all know the difference between official speeds and real ones), given that it is designed first and foremost for absolute stealth rather than speed.

Also, would it be possible to switch the TASM payload to TLAM, to simulate Scalp Naval? After all, our Navy doesn't have a TASM equivalent.
Rufus Shinra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-17, 04:25 PM   #15
CaptainX3
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. Wood View Post
The Upholder class had a beautiful model right before the last major update I wanna say 2 updates back any chance of getting that back. Anyone think about making a USS Parch 80s model.
If you're referring to the model with the top rudder fins and such, when the devs updated a bunch of sub models for 1.08, some of the fins like the ones used on the Upholder were re-spaced. This has caused those fins to be spaced too far apart, so when we tried to add them to our subs, either one side or the other floated in midair, and we couldn't fix it. Because of this, some of the extras on the models were removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boppitdoppit View Post
Every time I download the mod and paste it into my game I get the same error saying im missing usn_mk45_description in my language_en folder
I add that in and then it says that im missing another description in my language_en folder. I don't know what to do about it please help!
Update your game to 1.08c in Steam (or buy it if you're not using a legitimate copy). The mod will not work on older versions.

New Playable Subs & More - A Mod For Cold Waters

https://github.com/CaptainX3/CW-Playable-Subs

"We'll settle this the old Navy way... the first guy to die loses!"
CaptainX3 is offline   Reply With Quote